• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings - Spammers (H)

Jordinho

Ron Henry
Staff member
Lloris - 8
Walker - 7
Dawson - 7.5
Caulker - 7
Vertonghen - 7.5
Lennon - 7.5
Sandro - 8
Hudd - 7.5
Bale - 7.5
Dempsey - 8
Defoe - 7.5

Good performances all round today with few mistakes. West Ham didn't really provide much of a challenge. I may be a little bit biased due to my amazing OMT ending our poor streak.

Pleasure to be handing out high scores all round for once, but like you said, West Ham were very poor.

Special mentions to Walker & Dempsey who put in a good shift and looked good and solid. Dempsey set up Bale with a peach of a ball too.

Lloris 8 - didn't have much to do, but what he did, he did excellently.
Walker 7 - solid, got forward well and used the ball a lot better than recent weeks.
Dawson 8 - commanding, organising and stood up well to the physical threat. Passed it well out of defence.
Caulker 6.5 - would have been a 7 if not for the error that led to their goal, but still a polished performance
Vertonghen 7.5 - great defensively and bringing the ball out of defence.
Lennon 7 - set up Defoe and had his moments, but not quite back to the form he showed at the beginning of the season
Sandro 8 - his guy is an absolute beast
Hudd 7.5 - controlled the play. Had a lot of space and revelled in it.
Bale 7.5 - great improvisation for his goal and hit the bar with a cracker of a shot
Dempsey 7.5 - worked hard, hit the bar and set up Bale with some neat play. Hopefully playing himself into some form in recent games.
Defoe 8.5 MOTM - looked up for it form word go. Contender for goal of the season followed by a neat finish and always looked a threat

Lloris - 8
Walker - 7
Dawson - 7
Caulker - 6.5
Vertonghen - 7
Lennon - 6.5
Sandro - 8
Hudd - 7
Bale - 7.5
Dempsey - 7
Defoe - 8

Lloris - 8 - Very good performance, very sharp, made a couple of different saves. Can't tell if there was a call for the West ham goal, so can't really penalise for that.
Walker - 7 - Much improved defensively and offensively. Good show.
Dawson - 7 - Solid defending in the air, though perhaps due to a lack of West Ham offensive unit.
Caulker - 7 - Same as above. At fault for goal due to lax clearance, but did well against carroll.
Vertonghen - 7.5 - Good offensively, which is his best attribute at LB, was not tested defensively.
Lennon - 6.5 - Didn't get too involved, Good break away for the assist though.
Sandro - 7.5 - Good offensively, which make up for a couple of errors defensively. We will miss him if he's out.
Hudd - 7 - Did alright, passing was good and a couple of decent tackles. Was given space to perform in.
Bale - 7.5 - Was quite good, several decent shots and a good goal. However Defoe appears to be rubbing off on him. Hoping the Selfish tendencies do not last.
Dempsey - 7.5 - Well played good sir, decent assist and looked like he was far more involved today then usual. Has hopefully turned a corner.
Defoe - 8.5 - Created a goal on his own. Scored a second. Movement was good, shoots sometimes when he should pass, but goals win you games.

Last edited:
First half - 5
Second half 7

Special mentions

Dawson - fantastic - love him to bits and his long punts I miss because they're fudgein underrated.

Defoe - excellent - hands off Harry

Dempsey - first half fairly useless but second hald he was excellent and well done for the skill

Lloris - great handling, shame about the goal but that hesitation will be eradicated once he and the defence become acquainted

Pleasure to be handing out high scores all round for once, but like you said, West Ham were very poor.

Special mentions to Walker & Dempsey who put in a good shift and looked good and solid. Dempsey set up Bale with a peach of a ball too.

Lloris 8 - didn't have much to do, but what he did, he did excellently.
Walker 7 - solid, got forward well and used the ball a lot better than recent weeks.
Dawson 8 - commanding, organising and stood up well to the physical threat. Passed it well out of defence.
Caulker 6.5 - would have been a 7 if not for the error that led to their goal, but still a polished performance
Vertonghen 7.5 - great defensively and bringing the ball out of defence.
Lennon 7 - set up Defoe and had his moments, but not quite back to the form he showed at the beginning of the season
Sandro 8 - his guy is an absolute beast
Hudd 7.5 - controlled the play. Had a lot of space and revelled in it.
Bale 7.5 - great improvisation for his goal and hit the bar with a cracker of a shot
Dempsey 7.5 - worked hard, hit the bar and set up Bale with some neat play. Hopefully playing himself into some form in recent games.
Defoe 8.5 MOTM - looked up for it form word go. Contender for goal of the season followed by a neat finish and always looked a threat

Agree with these and the comments. Sandro excellent destroying but played a couple of poor passes again and would mark him down by 0.5 for his distribution

Important game and must've given the players some confidence going into the coming week. Dempsey started to show some glimpse of brilliance, but I'm still far from convinced. Great game by Dawson and Sandro.

Lloris - 7,5

Walker - 7
Dawson - 7.5
Caulker - 7
Vertonghen - 6,5

Lennon - 6,5
Sandro - 8
Huddlestone - 7
Bale - 7
Dempsey - 7

Defoe - 7.5

AVB - 8 - Spot on with the line up, was a nice surprise he started with Dawson at the back.

Lloris - 7.5 vocal, commanded his area, good distribution

Walker - 6.5 getting back to the player we saw last season
Dawson - 7 "quality" commanded the defence, good distribution
Caulker - 6.5 got bullied by the Gypsy King a few times, but stayed strong
Vertonghen - 7 superb bit of skill in the first half, swashbuckling runs throughout

Huddlestone - 6.5 (see Walker)
Sandro - 7.5 beast of a player, I hope his injury is not too serious

Lennon - 7 great awareness for JD's second, tracked back well
Dempsey - 7 best performance in a Spurs shirt so far
Bale - 7 That's tidy Gareth!

Defoe - 8.5 you will struggle to see a better goal than his first MOTM

Livermore - 6.5 (see Walker)
Sigurdsson - 6 too few minutes to rate higher.

AVB - 8 great man management throughout.

Fans - 7.5 best performance of the year so far!

Gilzean -10 "Born is the King" indeed!

Lloris 8
Walker 7
Dawson 8
Caulker 7
Vertonghen 7
Lennon 7
Sandro 7
Huddlestone 6
Bale 7
Dempsey 6
Defoe 7

Dembele 7
Livermore 7
Sigurðsson n/a

Bearing in mind the level of threat offered by the opposition.

I do feel a bit mean only giving Dempsey a par 6, though; I did say to the feller next to me I thought it had probably been his most valuable contribution so far.

Lloris - 8

Walker - 6.5
Dawson - 7
Caulker - 6.5
Vertonghen - 7

Huddlestone - 8 bossed the game.
Sandro - 7.5 brilliant, done the work of two men.

Lennon - 7
Dempsey - 7 very good, linked everything up well.
Bale - 8 at times unplayable.

Defoe - 8 simply good

Livermore - 6
Sigurdsson - 5

Best atmosphere for a long while.

Think Defoe deserves a 9. That first (crucial goal in the match as well) was outstanding. When Defoe plays like that its Etoesque. Bale was also quality. He has hunger and confidence. Just wants the ball and wants to score. Really glad Dempsey showed his value today. Needs to build on this good performance.

Anything less than 7 for Dempsey is just wrong.

He actually trod on the ball at one point, which I don't think I've seen happen since we had Kevin Scott and Stuart Nethercott in the side, but he did alright in general this afternoon, I thought.

Lloris - 8. Just excellent
Walker - 8. Less foraging, more defending.
Dawson - 8. Gallas who? Seems to have matured a lot, less impulsive, more passing on the ground.
Caulker - 8. Took everything they threw at him.
Vertonghen - 8. Captain Marvel - bright spark during the dry moments ... always looking to initiate something
Lennon - 6. good run set off by dempsey but overall didn't impose himself when he could
Sandro - 8. monster in the center of the park
Hudd - 7. covered ground well, a little too well perhaps; didn't manage to get his pings good
Bale - 9. We will need to do better to keep him
Dempsey - 8. Best game for us - our creative spark in the midfield!
Defoe - 9. Best game in a while... and what a goal....

AVB - has turned a few players around: Thudd seems to have lost some bulk and increased mobility. Dawson as captain looked better than Gallas. Sandro and Bale continuing their respective development and his belief in Dempsey pays off handsomely.

Lloris - 8. Just excellent
Walker - 8. Less foraging, more defending.
Dawson - 8. Gallas who? Seems to have matured a lot, less impulsive, more passing on the ground.
Caulker - 8. Took everything they threw at him.
Vertonghen - 8. Captain Marvel - bright spark during the dry moments ... always looking to initiate something
Lennon - 6. good run set off by dempsey but overall didn't impose himself when he could
Sandro - 8. monster in the center of the park
Hudd - 7. covered ground well, a little too well perhaps; didn't manage to get his pings good
Bale - 9. We will need to do better to keep him
Dempsey - 8. Best game for us - our creative spark in the midfield!
Defoe - 9. Best game in a while... and what a goal....

AVB - has turned a few players around: Thudd seems to have lost some bulk and increased mobility. Dawson as captain looked better than Gallas. Sandro and Bale continuing their respective development and his belief in Dempsey pays off handsomely.

I think we just get have to get used to AVB

- Extremely glad Lloris got the run today after the Lazio performance, looks like's he's finally #1. Watching Lloris closely, it's amazing how many potential threats he shuts down, by coming out early, decisively for the ball.
- Dawson was a horses for courses pick, AVB knew that West Ham was going to pump the ball into to Carroll, and a physical game in the air, is exactly to Dawson's strengths. For small technical opposition, I'd go with Gallas, for physical and arial, Dawson.
- Lloris, Dempsey, Dembele, Vertoghen all look like good buys, the only player we got over summer I'm worried about is Siggy ..

Lloris - 8. Commanded the box excellently.

Walker - 7. Much better, still a couple of wayward passes.
Dawson - 8. Looks so much more comfortable than Gallas.
Caulker - 7. Thought he dealt well with the greasy one well.
Vertonghen - 7. Looks class, but I hate the way he stops and blames people if we lose the ball rather than busting a gonad* to get back.

Lennon - 7. Done okay, tracked back well but could have imposed himself on the game more.
Sandro - 8. Beast.
Huddlestone - 7. A lot better, but still some strangely wayward passing and shooting.
Bale - 8. Thought he was awesome today. Linked well with Dempsey.

Dempsey - 8. That's more like it.

Defoe - 8. Out to prove a point today, and he did.

Back