• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rashford and Fosu-Mensah

Gutter Boy

Tim Sherwood
Anyone think it's worth an approach for these two now Mourinho has taken over and has a record of being generally hostile to youth integration?

£35m for the pair could be our summer business done with.

Anyone think it's worth an approach for these two now Mourinho has taken over and has a record of being generally hostile to youth integration?

£35m for the pair could be our summer business done with.

Both could be absolute beasts for years to come.

I said the other day Rashford (or likely a player like him) would be ideal for us to have to compliment Kane.

They'd likely be worth it, and I was impressed with both of 'em over the course of the season - TFM in particular impressed me in our game against them.

However, I don't think we should be opening that door of dealing with United again, under any circumstances. Not for Schneiderlin, Rashford, TFM, anyone.

They'd likely be worth it, and I was impressed with both of 'em over the course of the season - TFM in particular impressed me in our game against them.

However, I don't think we should be opening that door of dealing with United again, under any circumstances. Not for Schneiderlin, Rashford, TFM, anyone.

But this would be the reverse - us cherry picking from them from our new position of superiority.

You would be very lucky to get just Rashford for 35 mill.

Never gonna happen anyway, Utd will never sell. There are plenty more players they will sell ahead of these two

But this would be the reverse - us cherry picking from them from our new position of superiority.

We are not superior over them just because we have a one off qualification for the CL. If we qualify 5 years in a row and they don't then maybe we would have an upper hand. However they will always blow us out the water financially

Never gonna happen anyway, Utd will never sell. There are plenty more players they will sell ahead of these two

It might have to be next summer, but Mourinho will sign dozens of 'names', who will ultimately underperform, and these won't get a look in again.

We are not superior over them just because we have a one off qualification for the CL. If we qualify 5 years in a row and they don't then maybe we would have an upper hand. However they will always blow us out the water financially

I was mostly joking.

But they will need to cut their squad dramatically to get down to Mourinho's preferred tight-22 (they are currently at about 36) while creating room for his numerous incomings.

They wont leave yet. Give it a year after some cup appearances and playing second fiddle to Varane and Zlatan.

They would rather see them rot then sell them. Give it another 2 or 3 seasons and they will be playing for a mid to low table team.

We won't always have that position, though. And the minute we falter and they finish above us, they'll be back insinuating that we owe them for letting Rashford/TFM/Schneiderlin/whoever move to us, while our own players will expect us to allow them to move to United, since we're clearly open to doing business with them. Saying 'when it suits us' won't really inspire affection in that scenario, and could be looked at as two-faced by the players who we refuse moves to.

Overall, I think the Bale situation was about as well managed in terms of the sale of one of our stars as it could have been. Sell abroad, and refuse equivalent or higher offers (I think United went to 100m) from within the league. Since the Berbatov sale, we've had almost no business of any kind with United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal (save for free transfers like Cudicini and Gallas, and weird deals like the one for Fryers), and I think it's for the reasons I listed above - personally, I'd like to keep it that way.

Rashford and TFM are promising young players, and maybe if Mourinho sells them somewhere else, we could then make an approach to buy them in six months to a year, as we did with Fryers. But buying directly from United? Nah, not quite yet.

No way Rashford would cost £35m.

Remember Mourinho sold DeBruyne when at Chelsea, he also sold Mata to then league rivals United. That's ignoring Cech who was apparently sold against his wishes (true or not).

GB is probably right that if United hire Mourinho there will be quite a lot of outgoings from there. And his record with working with younger players is clear for all to see so might be a player or two available that would be a good fit for us. Well worth keeping an eye on.

We won't always have that position, though. And the minute we falter and they finish above us, they'll be back insinuating that we owe them for letting Rashford/TFM/Schneiderlin/whoever move to us, while our own players will expect us to allow them to move to United, since we're clearly open to doing business with them. Saying 'when it suits us' won't really inspire affection in that scenario, and could be looked at as two-faced by the players who we refuse moves to.

Overall, I think the Bale situation was about as well managed in terms of the sale of one of our stars as it could have been. Sell abroad, and refuse equivalent or higher offers (I think United went to 100m) from within the league. Since the Berbatov sale, we've had almost no business of any kind with United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal (save for free transfers like Cudicini and Gallas, and weird deals like the one for Fryers), and I think it's for the reasons I listed above - personally, I'd like to keep it that way.

Rashford and TFM are promising young players, and maybe if Mourinho sells them somewhere else, we could then make an approach to buy them in six months to a year, as we did with Fryers. But buying directly from United? Nah, not quite yet.

You think Levy will be bent over a barrel over insinuations? You think players that at some hypothetical point in the future is desperate for a move to United will be angling for a move any less because we didn't sign anyone from United in the last 2-3 seasons before that.

I don't think we wanted to sell Carrick or Berbatov there either. But both had 2 years left on their contracts and were refusing to sign on for us.

If the right player from United is available for the right price the thing to do is obviously to sign him.

I would take Schneiderlin and Mata if Moaninho is looking offload.

No way Rashford would cost £35m.

Remember Mourinho sold DeBruyne when at Chelsea, he also sold Mata to then league rivals United. That's ignoring Cech who was apparently sold against his wishes (true or not).

GB is probably right that if United hire Mourinho there will be quite a lot of outgoings from there. And his record with working with younger players is clear for all to see so might be a player or two available that would be a good fit for us. Well worth keeping an eye on.

Why isn't Rashford already in the 25-35 mill bracket in the ever more inflated transfer market. Martial did far less in 1 season in the French league and was sold to Utd for over 50 mil.

Mourinho will not sell to us IMO. He sees us as a massive rival (quite rightly too)...

Sold Mata to United.

If a player they want to get rid off/raise cash off wants to move to us they might not have a ton of options. And Mourinho has shown in the past that when he wants rid he just wants the player out the door. And he's arrogant enough to think that if he gets that United team ticking we will not be a short term rival for them.

I would take Schneiderlin and Mata if Moaninho is looking offload.

Schneiderlin would be very interesting, but he does look like a pretty typical Mourinho midfielder and is the right age.

Mata would not be a great fit for us under Pochettino i think.

Why isn't Rashford already in the 25-35 mill bracket in the ever more inflated transfer market. Martial did far less in 1 season in the French league and was sold to Utd for over 50 mil.

First of all we're talking about the hypothetical situation of United being ok with selling Rashford because Mourinho wants a quicker fix. That's a very different situation to United forcing a move for Martial who Monaco were very happy to keep and develop themselves.

Martial moved to Monaco for €6m two years before moving to Monaco and was already then apparently highly rated. He actually started 8 games and scored 2 goals for Monaco in that first season, then had a second season in France where he impressed more. My impression of Rashford is that even those following United's academy have been surprised by how quickly Rashford has taken to the PL and that he wasn't even seen as one of their best talents half a year ago. His performances so far have been impressive, but he hasn't shown enough to change from that to a £25-35m player for me.

These two are just examples of what can happen when you give a young player a chance, if those two were members of our academy then they'd be exactly where Harrison and Carter-Vickers are right now.

Rashford is 18 years old and has scored 5 goals in 11 league matches and has just been called into the England squad:

Firstly, I think there is zero chance of him being sold and secondly, I would not be surprised if one of the provisos that went with the job offer was an instruction that he has to "give youth a chance" when building a new team in conjunction with bringing in established stars

Back