• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Quitting Cigarettes

Gave up smoking 15 years ago after being a smoker for about 12 years. Back then it was much harder I think as you could still smoke in pubs, at footy, in restaurants etc so the only way to beat it was cold turkey. Can honestly say it takes a good 6 months to actually stop thinking about smoking but once you break the back of it you will never go back. I would also suggest taking a bit more exercise, I went from playing footy once a week to three times a week and the difference in your stamina and breathing ability gives you the encouragement to not go back.

Best of luck, you will not regret it.

I gave up over a year ago using Champix, made it much easier.

I didn't complete the whole course - they did make me feel sick and give me some of the most vivid dreams I have ever had, good and bad. As long as you have a decent breakfast everyday it takes the sickness away (feels a bit like you've had a dodgy pint).

I reward myself with a nice cigar every few months and for special occasions. Although there is still times i miss it, the longer you go the easier it gets.

The complete opposite Ive just started smoking... sort of. Buy about 20 a week now and for the first time ever I had a cigarette when I was at my flat after work as I had a stressful day. Now whenever I drink I go out for a cigarette. Dangerous road?

The complete opposite Ive just started smoking... sort of. Buy about 20 a week now and for the first time ever I had a cigarette when I was at my flat after work as I had a stressful day. Now whenever I drink I go out for a cigarette. Dangerous road?

Not worth it mate you will become addicted believe me. It's not worth it. I'm 2 and started 5 years ago. Now my lungs are very ****ed and it makes me struggle at the gym, running for buses etc. The smell is enough to put some girls of you. If the smell isn't the yellow staining of the teeth is. I'm much more prone to chest infections and I've got a horrible cough. I also now have to spend money on cigarettes and, as things stand, the fact I'm an asthmatic smoker means I have a very high chance of getting lung cancer, and yet despite the threat of a horrible slow painful death I still can't quit because I'm that addicted.

I'd stay well away and if you do really want to "smoke" electronic cigarettes would be a much better (though not perfect) option.

Mate dont start seriously. Most people who smoke (i would imagine) will have started smoking at a young age - none the wiser and all that. You are at your age so dont ****in do it or ill kill you myself. Horrible habit and a ****in addiction.

Not worth it mate you will become addicted believe me. It's not worth it. I'm 2 and started 5 years ago. Now my lungs are very ****ed and it makes me struggle at the gym, running for buses etc. The smell is enough to put some girls of you. If the smell isn't the yellow staining of the teeth is. I'm much more prone to chest infections and I've got a horrible cough. I also now have to spend money on cigarettes and, as things stand, the fact I'm an asthmatic smoker means I have a very high chance of getting lung cancer, and yet despite the threat of a horrible slow painful death I still can't quit because I'm that addicted.

I'd stay well away and if you do really want to "smoke" electronic cigarettes would be a much better (though not perfect) option.

Sounds sad but im not judging at all, for obvious reasons. If cigarettes were invented now they would be illegal as far as im concerned.

I went into boots and starting this six week course from monday and hopefully that will get me started etc so I can start the new year all guns blazing. I am constantly having this image of bad things happening as a result of smoking and that is making me even disgusted to smoke and actually makes me stub it out. Its a mental thing I think... maybe try that and imagine morbid thoughts (you have to really)... stuff like leaving family behind, dying at a younger age etc... its horrific.

Tried Champix and Zyban and Will Power and Gum and Patches.........not at the same time!

All worked for a while. Left HM Forces and by coincidence had to take a trip to New Zealand.........48 hours on and off planes and transferring in airports with no smoking.

Faced with that plus having a young family and a change of career and environment, I tried Electronic Cigs. Just having one in my pocket takes the edge off. My lung Capacity is far better now, I don't smell and feel better. It costs £6 per 4 days and not £8.20 a day.

I made the decision in January having smoked 20-40 a day for 24 years. I am still addicted to nicotine but am weaning off it without all the other grimness you find in fags.

But you have to want to make the change. E-Cigs are my crutch.

Good Luck going cold turkey.

Mate dont start seriously. Most people who smoke (i would imagine) will have started smoking at a young age - none the wiser and all that. You are at your age so dont ****in do it or ill kill you myself. Horrible habit and a ****in addiction.

I know dude. I went out last night had 3 with drinks and the worst thing is I was ****ed got into the flat and had 3 more by myself. Its a slippery slope but im actually liking the taste of them now. Not good, need to just say no now whilst I can I guess.

I have been a bit stressed with work and lady situations of late so maybe its that.

Not going to do a day by day diary but started my quit smoking promise today. It was tough in the morning then went to Boots and went on their six weeks non smoking programme - £8 for six weeks and you get any replacement you want - went for the gum... rrp at £25 for 105 pieces (weekly supply) all for free which is ****in good. the gum definitely helps but you do miss smoking and will take a while. Its funny because you start noticing the people who do smoke which makes it tough as hell.

I

Just a little tip:

Not smoking is sh1t.

Don't let that take you by surprise or it will be far harder - I failed the first time I tried because of that. I thought I'd be all happy and healthy, that I'd enjoy things more, etc.

That's not the case. The only thing that's more enjoyable now I don't smoke is flying - and that's just because it was hell as a smoker. Most things will be incredibly disappointing without cigarettes and even when you've stopped you'll miss it like an old friend.

Still, you have a 40% chance of living longer now you've quit.....

Just a little tip:

Not smoking is sh1t.

Don't let that take you by surprise or it will be far harder - I failed the first time I tried because of that. I thought I'd be all happy and healthy, that I'd enjoy things more, etc.

That's not the case. The only thing that's more enjoyable now I don't smoke is flying - and that's just because it was hell as a smoker. Most things will be incredibly disappointing without cigarettes and even when you've stopped you'll miss it like an old friend.

Still, you have a 40% chance of living longer now you've quit.....

Oh not smoking is **** I agree. I love love love smoking. Smoking made things way more enjoyable, walking between office and station, or in the morning, or after dinner and now its like meh!!... but im thinking of the fact that ill save a tonne of money and maybe become far healthier.

Its only been day one but iim optimistic ill succeed but lets see when I drink or hang out with others who smoke etc That may wel prove my downfall but I guess ill have to abstain from them for a while so to speak.

[video=youtube_share;ittIbT84I0k]http://youtu.be/ittIbT84I0k?t=1m15s[/video]

GinolaGinolaGinola; quit now while you still can

If you saw your sister/brother/mother dabbling with crack you would stop them. Cigarettes are not crack, but they are addictive and they will probably kill you.

Which e-cigs do you use mate?

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co...itan-tank/titan-tank/titan-kits-products.html

It is an expensive starter kit, If you go with this pack I would recomend as an extra, a total of 3 batteries (very handy if you are out all day with no way to charge them), and always a back up atomiser for when your current one dies (mine last a month on the basis of 10 a day and you do not let them get hot), get some more liquid (I prefer the fruit flavours especially rasberry menthol and mixed berry - they help get you away from that nast *** taste) the below loink is the liquid I use:

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co...premixed-e-liquid/patriot-range-products.html

It is all interchangable and significantly cheaper. Delivery is normaly 3 - 4 days

Now I am up and runnning it only costs both me and the mrs £50 / month total to have everything we need with a few spares of everything

good luck

Day two and has been tougher than yesterday but persevered through - the nicotine gums are quite great actually

One thing though - im now far hornier as a result of quitting smoking (trying to rather) - anyone else had the same? I mean im always horny but this is kind of another level here.

Day two and has been tougher than yesterday but persevered through - the nicotine gums are quite great actually

One thing though - im now far hornier as a result of quitting smoking (trying to rather) - anyone else had the same? I mean im always horny but this is kind of another level here.

dude I was about to say you seem like a horny mutha fcuker anyway!

Back