• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

pub/bar/club recommendations in camden (and elsewhere in london)

disc0

John Gorman
just arrived at my hotel near euston. here for the wigan match tomorrow and staying till wednesday. do any of you have recommendations on what to do on a monday night in london? i'm on my own and my aim is to get very drunk. camden is quite close, so if you know any good places in that area please let me know. as i live in berlin at the moment, i'm really open to all the techno music in the world, but any indie, rock, pop whatever music is also fine. cheers!

If I was you I'd try the flaming grill pub company. Apparently they have some great new year deals on right now!

If I was you I'd try the flaming grill pub company. Apparently they have some great new year deals on right now!

Note:
This may or may not be pithy and hilarious depending on how the OPs post is viewed (i.e. whether you can see the advert - which apparently you can't when logged in).:tumbleweed:

there's a club called Bar Cuba or something like that in Camden which is meant to be a good place through the week, not been there myself but heard it's pretty social/plenty of latino backpackers hang out there - it's in the market somewhere

Note:
This may or may not be pithy and hilarious depending on how the OPs post is viewed (i.e. whether you can see the advert - which apparently you can't when logged in).:tumbleweed:

lol.

well, i need to eat so maybe i'll try to find one of those as well.

any bars/night clubs?

cheers billy. i found it, it's called the cuban. maybe i'll check it out. easy to talk to the backpackers.

nice one ricky! that's very useful. think i'll just go to random pubs and bars first, then see what happens. maybe electric ballroom or proud in the end. do the night clubs close already at 1-2ish? thought they were allowed to stay open till 5 or 6.

I've never been out in Camden during the week (only at the weekends), but the Lock Tavern does good pub food and is a decent pub.

Also check out the Black Heart, which is pretty quirky.

black heart is a good shout. read some reviews and it seems there aren't too many tourists there as it's off the main street. cheers.

Hey mate, as others have said, try Proud. You could take a look at Barfly and see if they have any music on.

If you do fancy music, then your places of choice are:

The Dublin Castle - Lots of unsigned music promotor nights on here.
The Jazz Caf?® - Big names, jazz, hip-hop, folk etc.
Underworld - ARRGGGHHHHH... DER DER DER, DER DER DER.... ARGGGGHHHHH I tinkle ON YOUR MUM.... type music
Electric Ballroom - Gets all sorts, see what's on
Koko - bigish venue that has some cool bands on, worth looking up as well.
Barfly - Same as Dublin Castle, though with slightly more "established" bands
The Roundhouse - Good venue, again all sorts (Apple use it for their month of gigs thing)

If you fancy a good caiparinha or mojito and a friendly crowd, then Casa de Sogra, opposite Barfly, is a decent place to go and have a drink. If you get talking to the owner about Cachaca, he'll likely chew your ear off and give you a few free shots whilst he's at it.

For eats you have absolutely anything you can imagine, but special mention for me are the Mango Rooms (Carribean), Gilgamesh (Pan Asian) and Belgo (Belgian), though the Belgo in Covent Garden is better.

Have fun and stay safe, it's a crazy place, is Camden ;)

nice one ricky! that's very useful. think i'll just go to random pubs and bars first, then see what happens. maybe electric ballroom or proud in the end. do the night clubs close already at 1-2ish? thought they were allowed to stay open till 5 or 6.

Not on a Monday!

thanks a lot wookie! i have all the names on that list of yours and google map myself around. i'm leaving the hotel now, should be a fun night. cheerio!

My favourite two pubs in Camden are the Edinboro Castle (corner of Mornington Terrace and Delancey Street), and BrewDog (on Bayham Street - only opened recently).

For music, Roundhouse, Jazz Cafe and Koko are good venues, although none are likely to play dance music this early in the week.

Back