• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Proud to say im Tottenham Hotspur

what? i'm not rating what they could potentially do next season. I'm judging our signings on how they performed the season they were signed.

Then you are not judging the fact we signed the players, which is what i assumed 'signings' would be.

My apologies.

Then you are not judging the fact we signed the players, which is what i assumed 'signings' would be.

My apologies.
Well of course i'm judging the fact that we signed the players. I'm looking at our new signings and i'm judging how they performed and what they contributed. Last season i feel Parker and Adebayor contributed far more than our crop of signings did this season hence them getting a higher rating.

Well of course i'm judging the fact that we signed the players. I'm looking at our new signings and i'm judging how they performed and what they contributed. Last season i feel Parker and Adebayor contributed far more than our crop of signings did this season hence them getting a higher rating.

Just doesn't make sense to rate a signing on a single season when they are signed for a number of years.

What an effort when you look at the final table. For us who remember the 90's we can be proud and look forward. For all the kids, and especially prawn sandwich fans, look at some of our results back then and you'll soon see how lucky you are to support THFC.

=D> to AVB for all your efforts this season. Not many doubted you as much as me pre season but I'm delighted to say I'm looking forward to next season.

That's a difficult one to gauge. We had a better overall team last year. Those players have had to hit ground running. The spine of our team was effectively ripped out. Even our squad players were new.

Neville was saying we have added strength in depth. I don't agree. We had depth last term, but Harry chose not to use them.

Remind ourselves, we got rid of or lost Corluka, Pienaar, Kranjcar, Dos Santos, Bassong, Saha, Nelsen, Van der Vaart, Modric, King, Kaboul and Sandro/Parker (half season each), and Adebayor only rediscovered any form three games from the end of the season.

That is an awful amount of upheaval and change for AVB to manage. And to secure 5th and record 72 points in spite of all of that? Phenomenal. It absolutely has been a magnificent effort.

You know Diego i don't buy the 'bedding in of players' excuse as much as most.

Take Chelski for example, yes they spent a ridiculous amount of cash but lets actually look at the players they signed. Moses, Hazard, Oscar and Azpilacueta all kids that should have needed time to get used to the league. You could easily say this was a transistional season for Chelsea who started easing the older players out of the team and starting the younger players but nobody mentions this when talking about them on here. All i hear is that they spent X amount of money and they're zoo much superior to us but nothing about transitional season, young players, nothing.

Actually KD I agree with you on the bedding in excuse I always think its used too easily to defend foreign players coming over here.

That's a difficult one to gauge. We had a better overall team last year. Those players have had to hit ground running. The spine of our team was effectively ripped out. Even our squad players were new.

Neville was saying we have added strength in depth. I don't agree. We had depth last term, but Harry chose not to use them.

Remind ourselves, we got rid of or lost Corluka, Pienaar, Kranjcar, Dos Santos, Bassong, Saha, Nelsen, Van der Vaart, Modric, King, Kaboul and Sandro/Parker (half season each), and Adebayor only rediscovered any form three games from the end of the season.

That is an awful amount of upheaval and change for AVB to manage. And to secure 5th and record 72 points in spite of all of that? Phenomenal. It absolutely has been a magnificent effort.

=D>

This post would look good in the "successful campaign" thread.

Take Chelski for example, yes they spent a ridiculous amount of cash but lets actually look at the players they signed. Moses, Hazard, Oscar and Azpilacueta all kids that should have needed time to get used to the league. You could easily say this was a transistional season for Chelsea who started easing the older players out of the team and starting the younger players but nobody mentions this when talking about them on here. All i hear is that they spent X amount of money and they're zoo much superior to us but nothing about transitional season, young players, nothing.

but Chelsea had a backbone of Premier League, Champions League, FA cup winners.....If we had Cech, Cahill, Ivanovic, Terry, Cole, Lampard, Mikel, Ramires, Mata, Torres then i would also expect us to assimilate a new crop of younger players and still cope

Actually KD I agree with you on the bedding in excuse I always think its used too easily to defend foreign players coming over here.

I thought that the whole season tbh mate (the bit about Chelski). Every time i read about "oh look how much cash they spent" i thought it was extremely strange that i never read anything about transitional season or bedding in many new Young players. For us people would happily use it time and time again but it seemed the rules was different when talking about opposition teams.

It makes perfect sense tbh.

Then it would also have made sense to say a year after we signed Sandro and Bale that they were completely useless signings?

Long term thinking is what has brought us into the good position we find ourselves in now, and it's what will continue moving us forward.

Wen you think of Hazard, Mata, Aguero, Y Toure none of them needed a bedding in period. It's certainly an interesting one.

but Chelsea had a backbone of Premier League, Champions League, FA cup winners.....If we had Cech, Cahill, Ivanovic, Terry, Cole, Lampard, Mikel, Ramires, Mata, Torres then i would also expect us to assimilate a new crop of younger players and still cope

They eased out their backbone though. They eased lampard out, they eased Terry out, they eased Cole out too and gave bertrand games .Their only proven winner was Cech (of course a few others have won things) but Cech has won a lot with Chelski. They did all this, changed the look of the first X1, focused more on youth, benched their captain and vice captain, sold their best striker by a country mile, loaned out another winner to Madrid...and they finished in a far better position to last year.

Then it would also have made sense to say a year after we signed Sandro and Bale that they were completely useless signings?

Long term thinking is what has brought us into the good position we find ourselves in now, and it's what will continue moving us forward.

Listen i compared the signings the previous season with this one..that's it. I have no agenda and clearly pointed out what AVB has done better this season so no need to dwell on it.

They eased out their backbone though. They eased lampard out, they eased Terry out, they eased Cole out too and gave bertrand games .Their only proven winner was Cech (of course a few others have won things) but Cech has won a lot with Chelski. They did all this, changed the look of the first X1, focused more on youth, benched their captain and vice captain, sold their best striker by a country mile, loaned out another winner to Madrid...and they finished in a far better position to last year.

the likes of Terry, Cole and Lampard have still made huge contributions, both on the pitch and off it...that winning mentality cannot be bought. Its a huge advantage to have when bringing in new players.

It's quite easy actually.

last seasons signings = player of the season and a striker on fire.

I don't think the collective of signings this season didn't produce like the 2 summer signings last season did. Did Dempsey, Sig, and Dembele reach the heights of Parker and Ade last season? i don't think so.

Err...Hugo Lloris...Jan Vertonghen...great performances repeatedly this season...Dempsey hit 12 goals...I would absolutely say that Vertonghen performed as well this season relatively as Parker did last season relatively...of course, these were not necessarily AVB signings, only ones he agreed with which were already in place...

Listen i compared the signings the previous season with this one..that's it. I have no agenda and clearly pointed out what AVB has done better this season so no need to dwell on it.

A simple "yes" would have sufficed.

I only tried taking what I thought was your reasoning to the next logical level, if that is dwelling on it then fair enough.

Signings should be rated on long term potential. No question about it really, it would be silly to claim Ade on loan and Parker for three years are better signings than this seasons.

Well your talking about a different calibre of signings for one. And if we were considering that Chelsea's season ambition was to win the title I would say they failed miserably. So yes I do think the bedding in thing is still somewhat important. We lost the guts of our team. Chelsea bought some of the brightest talents in the world.

Back