• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Proud to say im Tottenham Hotspur

Err...Hugo Lloris...Jan Vertonghen...great performances repeatedly this season...Dempsey hit 12 goals...I would absolutely say that Vertonghen performed as well this season relatively as Parker did last season relatively...of course, these were not necessarily AVB signings, only ones he agreed with which were already in place...

hugo lloris was not "great" this season imo. He was good and looks a solid keeper but his performances in general were overrated by people that thought Friedel's time was up (that another good thing about this season btw...we limited the opposition to hardly any clear cut chances..we rarely got opened up...falls under tactics i guess).

Vertonghen was very good and i like him a lot. He could be classed on the same level as parker imo. Dempsey was no where near Ade's levee last season...not even remotely close.

hugo lloris was not "great" this season imo. He was good and looks a solid keeper but his performances in general were overrated by people that thought Friedel's time was up (that another good thing about this season btw...we limited the opposition to hardly any clear cut chances..we rarely got opened up...falls under tactics i guess).

Vertonghen was very good and i like him a lot. He could be classed on the same level as parker imo. Dempsey was no where near Ade's levee last season...not even remotely close.

We agree to disagree on Lloris.

Onwards and sideways.

Or if we want to stick it under our badge - Et deinceps transversa

Last edited:
Tbh, there are plenty of players who settle in immediately, because of their superior technical ability - if anything, I'd say most high-caliber players are of the Michu/Mata/Cazorla/Silva/Vertonghen instant-impact kind, and the ones that take a while to cope with the pace/physicality of this league are relatively rare, or from the slow-paced South American leagues. Strikers sometimes take a while to come alive too.

I didn't consider this a "bedding down" transition season for us, actually. If we had bought a bunch of young unproven "potential" then yeah, it would take a while to see what worked and what didn't. I considered this more of a "holy crap we've just clawed out our own guts what the fudge are we going to do now" desperate scrabble sort of season where we'd have to bruteforce our way to every point through sheer willpower, because I certainly couldn't see us doing it the pretty way anymore. I was unhappy with both our summer and Jan transfer windows (not because of what we bought, but because of what we lost and *didn't* buy) and thought we'd finish seventh at best, esp after Liverpool landed both Sturridge and Coutinho.

So in that sense, I'm very happy to see how much we've squeezed our of squad. :lol: It needs a lot of work imo, but AVB will have had a much better sense of both our players and Levy. I think Bale will stay, and that alone would make this a better summer than last year's. Mentally it is so hard to start a season feeling like you've lost your best teammates.

Biggest development would be the stadium for me! [-o<

Onwards and sideways.

Depends on what our 'untouchable' chairman wants to do tbh. If he lets AVB signs 2 quality players and keeps Bale it's onwards and upward, if he keeps Bale but again signs a couple of good players that are not of the required quality to get into our first X1 it's onwards and sideways, and if he sells Bale and brings in those same players with the lack quality required for the first X1 it's only going to go downhill.

Depends on what our 'untouchable' chairman wants to do tbh. If he lets AVB signs 2 quality players and keeps Bale it's onwards and upward, if he keeps Bale but again signs a couple of good players that are not of the required quality to get into our first X1 it's onwards and sideways, and if he sells Bale and brings in those same players with the lack quality required for the first X1 it's only going to go downhill.

Who do you think we should sign and for where?

He signed five first team players this year.

Yeah, he really seems like he wants to stand still as a club.

Tbh, there are plenty of players who settle in immediately, because of their superior technical ability - if anything, I'd say most high-caliber players are of the Michu/Mata/Cazorla/Silva/Vertonghen instant-impact kind, and the ones that take a while to cope with the pace/physicality of this league are relatively rare, or from the slow-paced South American leagues. Strikers sometimes take a while to come alive too.

I didn't consider this a "bedding down" transition season for us, actually. If we had bought a bunch of young unproven "potential" then yeah, it would take a while to see what worked and what didn't. I considered this more of a "holy crap we've just clawed out our own guts what the fudge are we going to do now" desperate scrabble sort of season where we'd have to bruteforce our way to every point through sheer willpower, because I certainly couldn't see us doing it the pretty way anymore. I was unhappy with both our summer and Jan transfer windows (not because of what we bought, but because of what we lost and *didn't* buy) and thought we'd finish seventh at best, esp after Liverpool landed both Sturridge and Coutinho.

So in that sense, I'm very happy to see how much we've squeezed our of squad. :lol: It needs a lot of work imo, but AVB will have had a much better sense of both our players and Levy. I think Bale will stay, and that alone would make this a better summer than last year's. Mentally it is so hard to start a season feeling like you've lost your best teammates.

Biggest development would be the stadium for me! [-o<

Your right I didn't think of it as bedding down season either. But it was almost a whole new side we had to get used to. After the west brom and Norwich games at home I had serious reservations about being anywhere near 4th

Your right I didn't think of it as bedding down season either. But it was almost a whole new side we had to get used to. After the west brom and Norwich games at home I had serious reservations about being anywhere near 4th

I stated early that I saw this season as a transitional one or simply the first step of what AVB wants to do.

We aren't playing easy-on-the-eye, fluid passing football, but we have gotten a lot better at grinding out wins against teams that sit back. We are easily the 5th best team in the league, even if based purely on performance as all the teams below us are inferior in quality and none of the regularly perform well. Arsenal are within touching distance and neither of City and Chelsea have been impressive apart from spells.

What I said last summer, and have repeated once or twice since, was that AVB will now have a much greater knowledge about our players and understanding of what exactly is required to improve. And improve we will, of that I am sure. However, we might do well to adjust our personal transfer expectations a bit lower than two £25 million world class players delivered on July 1st.

BKp4sc0CEAAaGOU.jpg

AVB got a great reception on the lap at the end of the game. Was great to see. AVBs Blue and White Army

Excellent thread and agree with the opening post. Okay we finished 5th but I am proud of the final placing and our finish.
Our Record points tally in the PL era
Our most away wins in the PL era
2 defeats in the last 22 League games
Unbeaten in our last 10 matches
Highest pts total for a team not finishing in the Top 4, only denied by excellent runs (credit where its due) from Arsenal and Chelsea.
Just as important, late goals in all of our last 8 games. A great quality to have

Excellent thread and agree with the opening post. Okay we finished 5th but I am proud of the final placing and our finish.
Our Record points tally in the PL era
Our most away wins in the PL era
2 defeats in the last 22 League games
Unbeaten in our last 10 matches
Highest pts total for a team not finishing in the Top 4, only denied by excellent runs (credit where its due) from Arsenal and Chelsea.
Just as important, late goals in all of our last 8 games. A great quality to have

=D>

Positivity. I'm with you.

That's because you guys are supporters. The clue is in the term. I stand side-by-side with you.

Lets all link arms and serenade each other with can't smile without you... Ill start.

Youuuuu knoooowww iiiiiiiiiii can't smile without you, I can't smile without you, I can't laugh and I can't sing...... And so on and so forth.

Lets all link arms and serenade each other with can't smile without you... Ill start.

Youuuuu knoooowww iiiiiiiiiii can't smile without you, I can't smile without you, I can't laugh and I can't sing...... And so on and so forth.

Nailed on we all get in a punch-up before the end of the first chorus \o/

I cant wait for August and its only one day in gonna be a long summer

Going to be a killer.
Assuming we have a home friendly on AUg 10th or 11th, it 12 weeks and counting.

We tend to go on a weekend break every 2 or 3 weeks just to break it up so it doesnt drag too much, but yes, August is now a long way off, having to read about where Bale is supposedly going to sign for, every other day!!

Back