• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Preseason 2018

Most entertaining bit of the game was Nigel Winterburn being described as a legend at half time.

Morata has gone full Torres. Even Bobby scored penalties.

How can Arsenal be on 7 points in the Intl Champions Cup? I'm sure they lost on penalties to Athletico Madrid (1 point), beat PSG (3 points) and then beat Chelsea on penalties (2 points). Why does that table show 7 points and have overtaken us at top of the league table?

The 3 man midfield still looks like something that Poch is wanting to use going into the season. My worry is that it is still a work in progress, which most of our squad won't get the hang of until December. The game against Roma was probably our best with the system as Lamela and Eriksen worked off eachother to find some dangerous postions. In the game against Milan, we lacked creativity for most of the game with none of the midfield three really having the nous to link up with Moura and Llorente.

This was the same against Barca and didn't really improve until we switched things up and gave Eriksen more of a free role. Play seems to gravitate towards him and he makes others play better.Getting the most out of him in this new system will be the biggest challenge.

They award a trophy. An actual piece of displayable silverware. Clubs hoist it proudly. Like Barca last season:

barcelona-celebrate-with-the-trophy-after-defeating-real-madrid-3-to-picture-id824357232

or ManU.

International-Champions-Cup-2014-Final-Liverpool-v-Manchester-United.jpg

Surely, the ICC honchos will find a way to deny us.

Happy with the win over AC Milan. We rode our luck as AC Milan wasted many goal scoring chances. But we made use of our goal scoring chance to win this match. Also, it was good to see us keeping our unbeaten record against AC Milan.

Credit to Nkoudou for scoring our only goal. He took his goal well. Thought Nkoudou worked hard and deserved to get at least one more goal. He really should have scored the one-on-one chance after that. Remember, Nkoudou also scored against Barcelona in the previous match. Maybe Nkoudou deserves to get a chance to show his worth in the upcoming season.

With that win, we are now top of the ICC table. It will be great if we can stay there and win a trophy for once ! As of now, only Juventus, Lyon and Inter Milan can overtake us. Regardless of we win the ICC or not, it is still good to finish above the other English teams, ManCity, ManU, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea.

Pochettino have used too many inexperienced youngsters in the pre-season. Wonder if that means we won't be signing any new players before the season starts. It will be disappointing if we don't sign any new players as our current squad badly lack the squad quality to win major trophies.

I couldn't believe the Milan result given the team we put out, very inexperienced back 4, novice midfield 3 and 2 forwards struggling to fit in, a 3 goal defeat would not have been a surprise. I never give much credence to pre season games and this year's seem pointless in terms of team preperation, but it's nice to see positive results.

I couldn't believe the Milan result given the team we put out, very inexperienced back 4, novice midfield 3 and 2 forwards struggling to fit in, a 3 goal defeat would not have been a surprise. I never give much credence to pre season games and this year's seem pointless in terms of team preperation, but it's nice to see positive results.

I think its a lot to do with having Poch here for so long. Its become evident that with the way players are trained into the system we can cope with change/loss pretty well.

Things are that well embedded the team just seems to tick along well regardless.

I think its a lot to do with having Poch here for so long. Its become evident that with the way players are trained into the system we can cope with change/loss pretty well.

Things are that well embedded the team just seems to tick along well regardless.

Agree Poch has turned us into a club with a system/plan/style from the mish mash of journeymen mixed with stars that might win or lose depending on the mood of the day.

Heads up:

Tonight's friendly vs Girona kicks off 7pm* uk time and is live on Premier 1** channel

* The London Evening Standard gives 8pm but I believe that is local time (Girona).

** Sky TV channels 412 & 866 and Virgin Media channels 127 & 551. You can also subscribe on 'Premier Player' and watch online here.

(post last edited 8.50am)

Last edited:
Heads up:

Tonight's friendly vs Girona kicks off 8pm UK time and is live on Premier 1 channel*

Given it's our last game before we KO the new season, wonder whether we'll see any more of the WC stars return? Maybe Dier, Kane?

* available on Sky TV channel 412 and Virgin Media (channel 551) and you can also subscribe on 'Premier Player' and watch online here.

Dier, Kane etc aren't back in training yet are they?

Dier, Kane etc aren't back in training yet are they?
Pure speculation on my part. Dier had relatively little involvement in the WC and given our current injury crisis at DM will be sorely needed against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, and Kane is super eager to play in that game so just wondering whether they'll get back in time for a pre-season run out at some point.

Pure speculation on my part. Dier had relatively little involvement in the WC and given our current injury crisis at DM will be sorely needed against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, and Kane is super eager to play in that game so just wondering whether they'll get back in time for a pre-season run out at some point.

The players playing in the final weekend of the WC are not due back at training until Monday.

Back