• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Premier League to dam river?

The PL need to come up with a decent PPV service. They don't stand a chance trying to plug all the rivers out there.

The PL can dam all the rivers they want, they'll always find new rivers spring up aftwewards.

If they just provided a reliable river, even for a small price, they might find that a lot of people are willing to pay that little bit extra to use this better more reliable river.

The PL need to come up with a decent PPV service. They don't stand a chance trying to plug all the rivers out there.

This. A well functioning, decently priced official option is something any football fan would prefer to the sometimes unreliable rivers. But right now it doesn't exist. Maybe that's where the broadcasters should spend their time, money and effort?

If (when) they ever launch something like that you just know it will be a complete disaster of buffering and crashes in the beginning. :lol:

Unfortunately unlike the American leagues like the Nba & nhl. Where you can watch every game through a gamecenter(as long as not on tv in your area). The Saturday 15:00 games wouldn't be able to be shown in the uk by law. So this would make it pretty pointless to do this. Only way it can happen in my eyes is the law gets scrapped or the premier league moves to Sundays.

Also as one river stops another one will open....

Yup, I'm surprised no company has launched itself to offer such a legal service. Then again, perhaps the rights issue, and the clashing with BT & Sky, is the problem. And whilst free alternatives are available, people may avoid the costs of the new service, leaving the legal streaming as not being financially viable.

Sky or BT would be good offering streamed games as part of their broadband service. The games would be an add-on package, available to only those with that broadband but could serve as a marketing incentive to encourage individuals to sign up to the broadband provider in question.

Why is there a law against 3PM coverage? Simply to restrict people from paying online, instead of attending in person?

Once a good streaming service is launched they won't get as much money for the TV deals, but it's inevitable really with the way people's viewing habits are changing. This is more of a general point about television, but if it isn't live you want to watch when it suits you, not at a specific time. Even live productions need to be available on more platforms to gain more viewers and the income from the internet audience would more than cover what is lost from television IMO.

Why is there a law against 3PM coverage? Simply to restrict people from paying online, instead of attending in person?

They say if 3pm PL games were on it may effect smaller teams with their attendances, i doubt it at all, if you go and watch barnet on a sat your not going to stop just because Saudi Sportswashing Machine vs aston villa is on, utter gonad*s

As far as I understand yes that's the point to keep people attending games. In the main I think it's to protect the lower league teams.

They say if 3pm PL games were on it may effect smaller teams with their attendances, i doubt it at all, if you go and watch barnet on a sat your not going to stop just because Saudi Sportswashing Machine vs aston villa is on, utter gonad*s

Yes if you are a current supporter. But if your 12/13/14 say, the sort of age you might start going to Barnet with mates but if you had premiership football easily available this might stop you. I think that is the point. Weather attendances would drop would be interesting. I'd imagine that at some point the premier league will challenge the law in the eu or something. Personally if I'm not at spurs I'll always go to my loal non league team. Nothing ether than catching a game live, especially at that level where you stand on the terrace with a beer!

There are new restrictions even here in Norway for next season. TV2, who has the broadcast rights for the PL are now not allowed to show more than one live game at 3pm on Saturdays, because the FA says so.

Instead they "improve" their package by including lower leagues, various cups and other brick - at a higher price.

Basically this means I have to pay more money and risk not being able to see all Spurs games - which is all I care about.

This will be fine for supporters of United, Liverpool, Arse and the two lottery winners, whose games will 100% for sure get television priority at all times. What I'm left with in these circumstances, is a replay of the game in the evening (a fudging joke) or an illegal, real time stream. I know what I prefer.

I'll give the new era a couple of months to see how many Spurs games I can actually watch, but more likely I'll cancel my subscription at some point in the autumn.

All they're doing is forcing people into learning how to use proxies.

The EPL is broadcast legally all over the world - people will just find ways to be in that country.

The fact that I've never once I used First Row for a river shows that they have absolutely no chance. Get with the times macarons - you sound like Metallica.

They always do the same thing go after a few bricky flash streaming sites offering pixelly streams.
Meanwhile the hardcore stream watchers are watching in sopcast or some torrent based stream at 3000k.

Didn't they try this with that river last year and they just changed it too river1.

Thanks goes to the BBC for advertising the river too lol

Oh, on this note - would someone be kind enough to pm me some watery tips?

I haven't been swimming for 6or7 years, so a new wetsuit, arm bands or route to the beach might come in handy!

I think the pl are just playing lip service as they know it will have little impact.
It will deter the people that were deterred by the pirate bay 'block'.
But anyone that is prepared to take a bit of effort to mind alternatives will have no problem

Back