• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Premier League Squad

Jordinho

Ron Henry
Staff member
25 Squad players (*=Home grown)

Alderweireld, Toby Albertine
Aurier, Serge
Davies, Benjamin Thomas*
Dembele, Mousa
Dier, Eric Jeremy Edgar
Eriksen, Christian
Gazzaniga, Paulo Dino
Heung-Min, Son
Janssen, Vincent Petrus Anna Sebastiaan
Kane, Harry*
Lamela, Erik
Llorente Torres, Fernando Javier
Lloris, Hugo
Nkoudou Mbida, Georges-Kevin
Rose, Daniel Lee*
Sissoko, Moussa
Trippier, Kieran John*
Vertonghen, Jan
Vorm, Michel
Wanyama, Victor

Under-21 players (Contract and Scholars)

Alli, Bamidele Jermaine
Amos, Luke Ayodele
Austin, Brandon Anthony
Bennetts, Keanan Chidozie
Bowden, Jamie Patrick
Brown, Jaden
Carter-Vickers, Cameron
Clarke, Rayan Romario
De Bie, Jonathan
Dinzeyi, Jonathan Toko Lema
Duncan, Dylan
Edwards, Marcus
Eyoma, Timothy Joel
Foyth, Juan Marcos
Freeman, Charlie
Georgiou, Anthony Michael
Glover, Thomas William
Griffiths, Reo Revaldo
Harrison, Shayon
Hinds, Tariq Devontae Aaron
Lock, Matthew Joseph
Loft, Ryan
Lyons-Foster, Brooklyn
Maghoma, Christian
Maghoma, Edmond-Paris
Markanday, Dilan Kumar
Marsh, George Owen
Miller, William
Mukendi, Jeremie
Oakley-Boothe, Tashan
Ogilvie, Connor Stuart
Okedina, Jubril Adesope
Oluwayemi, Oluwaferanmi Joshua Chibuzo
Omolabi, Moroyin
Onomah, Joshua
Patterson, Phoenix MacLaren
Pochettino, Maurizio
Pritchard, Joe Cameron
Reynolds, Jamie Joe
Richards, Rodel
Roles, Jack
Sanchez Mina, Davinson
Shashoua, Armando
Shashoua, Samuel
Skipp, Oliver William
Statham, Maxwell Louis
Sterling, Kazaiah
Tainio, Maximus Mikael
Tanganga, Japhat Manzambi
Thorpe, Elliot Morgan
Tracey, Shilow
Tsaroulla, Nicholas
Walker-Peters, Kyle
Walkes, Anton
Whiteman, Alfie
Winks, Harry

Starting to fill up the squad close to the limit of foreign players.
The limit for UEFA squads is 17. We are currently on 16.
Sanchez will be over 21 next season, Foyth the season after.

Starting to fill up the squad close to the limit of foreign players.
The limit for UEFA squads is 17. We are currently on 16.
Sanchez will be over 21 next season, Foyth the season after.

Fair point. Vorm will go soon though you'd expect; would be good if Whiteman could become 3rd choice as using up one spot for a 3rd choice keeper seems a waste. Equally we have other back-up players like GKN and Sissoko who are not home-grown and contribute little. Hopefully some of KWP, Edwards, Onomah, CCV etc could become good enough to rely on

Any idea when his loan ends? I was always uncertain about what position he'd end up long term - he's something of a mix between a DM, CB and RB. I think he'd be most likely to make it as a DM from what I've see of him
Ahem. This is from the article -

Walkes, 20, has made 18 appearances and scored two goals so far during the regular season for the Eastern Conference play-off contenders, and will continue at Atlanta until the end of the MLS season.

And Google tells us:

The 2017 Major League Soccer season .. will conclude on October 22, 2017. The MLS Cup Playoffs will begin on October 25, 2017 and conclude with MLS Cup 2017 on December 9, 2017.

So. any which way, back in time for Christmas.

So will we have submitted our 25 man squad by now?
Anyone know who's in and who's missed out?

So will we have submitted our 25 man squad by now?
Anyone know who's in and who's missed out?

I'm pretty sure Janssen and Nkoudou are the two who we have to leave out

The more interesting thing will be the third player we drop from our CL squad - Gazzaniga, Sissoko or Foyth

The more interesting thing will be the third player we drop from our CL squad - Gazzaniga, Sissoko or Foyth

Sissoko is by far the most likely to get on to the pitch so wouldnt be him. I still dont understand why we have an overseas player as 3rd choice keeper - seems a real waste of a spot if you ask me

Janssen or Llorente?

Neither score but at least Janssen was mobile, strong and held the ball up/played people in.

I know Poch seems to have been strong on "not in his plans" but of the two its Janssen who makes sense to keep for me...

Sissoko is by far the most likely to get on to the pitch so wouldnt be him. I still dont understand why we have an overseas player as 3rd choice keeper - seems a real waste of a spot if you ask me

I think some will be dictated by sales, and if Sissoko gets a good offer he'll be off IMO. He is a relative high earner who is, at best, utility in the squad.

if Sissoko gets a good offer he'll be off IMO. He is a relative high earner who is, at best, utility in the squad.

I'm with you - I'd flog him, however I wonder whether our expectations for what players are worth is realistic given we haven't managed to shift nay deadwood over the last few weeks

I'm with you - I'd flog him, however I wonder whether our expectations for what players are worth is realistic given we haven't managed to shift nay deadwood over the last few weeks

Im with you there - comes a point where theres more value in getting rid of a player (even if less than youd like) than keeping him.

Sissoko was reported to be on £100k a week (Im sure?!), just getting that off the wage will is important.

And Im sure, ultimately, we can still get reasonable money for him. Just not PL inflated BS prices.

Janssen or Llorente?

Neither score but at least Janssen was mobile, strong and held the ball up/played people in.

I know Poch seems to have been strong on "not in his plans" but of the two its Janssen who makes sense to keep for me...

Poch seems to hate Janssen. He dismisses him all the way through his book and didn't take him to America for no good reason.

Llorente is a very experienced world cup winner, and is possibly a good companion for Kane in the way Vorm is for Lloris

I'm sure we could get £12-15m from a mid-table French side.

Or maybe even Italy. Powerful midfield donkeys like Sulley Muntari can actually do alright in Serie A

I appreciate Poch doesnt seem to be a fan - would love to know why - but from my expert position I know which Id prefer to keep around!

I'm sure its got to be attitude. Poch seems to be able to cope with talentless triers like Sissoko. But not people that don't have the drive.

Nkoudou seems the same. Poch slagged him off in his book for keeping his headphones on and not engaging in match build-up. Edwards too seems all about attitude, not ability.

I'm sure its got to be attitude. Poch seems to be able to cope with talentless triers like Sissoko. But not people that don't have the drive.

Nkoudou seems the same. Poch slagged him off in his book for keeping his headphones on and not engaging in match build-up. Edwards too seems all about attitude, not ability.

The weird things is, ‘talentless trier’ is exactly what Jansen looked like.

Im with you there - comes a point where theres more value in getting rid of a player (even if less than youd like) than keeping him.

Sissoko was reported to be on £100k a week (Im sure?!), just getting that off the wage will is important.

And Im sure, ultimately, we can still get reasonable money for him. Just not PL inflated BS prices.

I believe he's on 80k pw, which in itself is still incredible considering his level is a top 3 league one side player.

Back