• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Predictions for new season

par_18

Stephen Kelly
Should be an interesting one. Genuinely cannot see any out and out favourites. Some big managers in play, can't all be successful will no doubt be some damaged egos/reputations.

So lets have some predictions on how things will play out.

Im going with a top five of
1. Chelsea
2. Man Utd
3. Arsenal
4. Emirates Marketing Project
5. Spurs / Liverpool (will be close battle)

Bottom three in no order of
Sunderland, Hull, West Brom.

Surprise team - Middlesborough

Bearing likely incomings I would imagine that the top two will be the two Manchester clubs, with Chelsea and Arsenal batting it out for 3rd and us coming just short in 5th.

Just had a look at the various odds though - you can't get longer than 9/1 for us to win the league this summer. Regardless of the strength of the competition we'll have this year with Guardiola/Mourinho/Conte coming in and pumping money into their new teams, when was the last time we went into a season with such short odds to win the title?

I think of the big 5, arse will struggle the most, we'll do well to get back into the CL places with our run in the competition, sunderland will be sunk if fat sam goes to the FA and the 3 promoted clubs will do well early

Chelsea having no European football could be a threat .

My prediction is

Chelsea
Emirates Marketing Project
Arsenal
Man It's
THFC
Liverpool

I think my second club Bournemouth will struggle.

Tony Pulis will be the first manager to leave too.

I see Liverpool doing really well this...possibly top 3. Klopp has had a pre-season and they don't have any european football. I think we'll finish 6th with about 70 points. We'll be 3rd in the CL Group stage meaning an early reunion with our old friend Thursday night football!

I hope this doesnt come across negative....really its about par for us. Would love us to take the cups seriously though.

1. Man Utd; 2 Liverpool; 3. Emirates Marketing Project; 4. Arsenal; 5. Chelsea; 6. Spurs

Relegated: Watford, Bournemouth, Hull (or Sunderland if Big Sam leaves).

1 Man Utd
2 Emirates Marketing Project
3 Chelsea
4 Arsenal
5 Liverpool
6 Tottenham
7 Everton
8 Leicester

18 West Brom
19 Bournmouth
20 Hull

with CL as well, I can see us dropping out of the top three

West Ham to struggle, St. Mary's stadium effect

Leicester to drop like a stone, they spend the season fighting to avoid relegation

Top 6:

1. Chelsea
2. Man U
3. Man C
4. Spurs
5. Arse
6. Liverpool (a good few points behind 5th and with everton closely behind)

Leicester to finish somewhere around 11th /12th area

I'd expect the settled sides (us, arse, Liverpool, spam) to do a bit better, and the transitional sides (Man U, city, Chelsea, Southampton, Everton, and Leicester if they sell) to take their time finding their feet, if they do at all. It's going to be interesting, because not everyone can fulfill their potential.

I'll add, I think it will be a ding dong battle between United and Chelsea, they will both win 25 games +

City and Arsenal will be nip and tuck as well

1. Spurs
2. Liverpool
3. Chelsea
4. City
5. Arsenal
6. Palace
7. United

Relegated - Sunderland, Boro, Hull

1. Spurs
2. Liverpool
3. Chelsea
4. City
5. Arsenal
6. Palace
7. United

Relegated - Sunderland, Boro, Hull

Interesting. Can you give some meat on the bone of your reasons for the top 7 finishing like that?
Would be j1zztastic if it turns out like that, of course!

I think the champions league nights will drive our boys on. They wont want to give that feeling up. I think we will scrape 4th.

Interesting. Can you give some meat on the bone of your reasons for the top 7 finishing like that?
Would be j1zztastic if it turns out like that, of course!

Us - stability (same starting 11 for the first time since never) with new depth
Liverpool - like us but a year behind + no European football
Chelsea - Conte turned Sunderland subs into world beaters at the Euros; also no European football
City - Pep will get it right, but needs time to buy/train players for his system
Arsenal - SSDD
Palace - few interesting signings and I think Pardew can get them to gel
United - Mourinho will fail just like LVG did. Too many egos not of his making. I don't think he'll win his battle vs the players, like Poch and Klopp have, and Conte and Pep probably should.

Us - stability (same starting 11 for the first time since never) with new depth
Liverpool - like us but a year behind + no European football
Chelsea - Conte turned Sunderland subs into world beaters at the Euros; also no European football
City - Pep will get it right, but needs time to buy/train players for his system
Arsenal - SSDD
Palace - few interesting signings and I think Pardew can get them to gel
United - Mourinho will fail just like LVG did. Too many egos not of his making. I don't think he'll win his battle vs the players, like Poch and Klopp have, and Conte and Pep probably should.

Some interesting points.
What does SSDD stand for wrt L'Arse?
Just realised you put Palace in 6th:eek:; How do you think they'll even finish much further than the relegation zone let alone 6th?? Pardew is probably the worst coach in he league...

Back