• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Predict The Run In

I fear Liverpool next season. Hope Suarez goes abroad.

At best Liverpool next season will join Chelsea, Arse and us in battling for the last two champions league spots. Add Saudi Sportswashing Machine to that, who have a decent side when everyone is fit, as you could have 5 teams going for 3rd and 4th

I think though that Liverpool will struggle to attract top top players given no CL football, they still waste as much money (£15m for Joe Allen) as they spend well (£12m for Sturridge) and Gerrard and Carragher will be yet another year nearer retirement

The key for Liverpool is that they have us, Chelsea and Everton at home. They have to win all three really to stand a chance and with their home form I don't see that happening.

The key for Liverpool is that they have us, Chelsea and Everton at home. They have to win all three really to stand a chance and with their home form I don't see that happening.

They tend to step it up against the bigger teams though.

Haven't got a great record at predictions. This season all teams have their weaknesses and anyone can get a result anywhere.

Wigan, QPR and Villa to go down.

This season's relegation battle will be the best ever. I would have had my house on Reading to go down after seeing the second half of the Arsenal and last game Villa nearly win at Everton..I would not bet a penny on any team to get relegated. Wigan will not be relegated IMO.

This season's relegation battle will be the best ever. I would have had my house on Reading to go down after seeing the second half of the Arsenal and last game Villa nearly win at Everton..I would not bet a penny on any team to get relegated. Wigan will not be relegated IMO.

Wigan do normally get out of it by the skin of their teeth and I like Bobby Martinez so wouldn't mind them doing so again. Its just what came out on the BBC predictor and I've been notoriously bad at predicting results. Nothing would surprise me this season.

I must be doing something wrong because I get a few exceeding 70 points (I'm not being very imaginative with upsets I must admit)

Man U 95
Emirates Marketing Project 96
Chelsea 79
Arsenal 74

Spurs 74

Liverpool 65
Everton 64

Just can't see how Liverpool can be threat unless they do get results in all their big matches. And they're just as likely to lose to teams like Stoke or Villa again when they get a bit of a run going. In fact, I can see them dropping points this weekend to WBA.

I like your logic here, someone obviously had a bit of insomnia!

quite funny to see people just homing in on one bit and rubbishing the whole thing!

I would suggest that CL contenders v CL contenders ought to be 1 point each way as those games are likely to be close to call and often cancel each other out. Brings into line that skew towards Liverpool in your original prediction, although do note they are hitting good form and don't have to play either of the title contenders.

Matching our results last year is encouraging though I expect some of those happened during a fabulous and slightly unusual run for us back in October- January. It's the Everton-Chelsea-City run of games that will be crucial for us, but I'm encouraged that all are in London.

not gonna do the points prediction but id say ourselves and Everton have the toughest set of fixtures there with Arsenal and Liverpool having it fairly easy and Chelsea somewhere in between.

think we'll need to keep our 4 point lead over the Scum in tact until we play them and then beat them to extend it to 7 to be in with a good chance of getting in the CL places.

Chelsea could just as easily fall behind ourselves and the Scum as they could sort themselves out and finish comfortably in front - won't make any predictions there.

expect to see Everton tail off now - they're usually a strong side after Moyes has had a preductive window, usually that window is January but this season it was the summer.

taking away each teams fixtures against the top 6 and Liverpool and scoring the remaining games 3 points for a home game and 1 for an away gives us the following results :

Chelsea - 18 (5 home/3 away)
Spurs - 16 (4/4)
Arsenal - 18 (4/6)
Everton - 17 (5/2)
Liverpool - 18 (4/6)

all very even in terms of points accumulated at this point. what's interesting is the games left to play outside of these :

Chelsea - 5 (2 against the top 2)
Spurs - 5 (1)
Arsenal - 3 (1)
Everton - 6 (2)
Liverpool 3 (0)

should the 5 rivals for 3rd/4th stick to the age old notion of win your home games and draw the aways then the head to head games against each other will become doubly important - 6 pointers all round ;)

(i thought i had a point when i started working all that out but ive lost it now)

Liverpool have been playing well but have they used up too much gas recently?

I think we will finish fifth having going into the last game in unassailable third -due to an irreversible misprint or other skulduggery.

Chelsea:

Wigan 3 points.
Emirates Marketing Project 0 points.
West Brom 3 points.
Fulham 3 points.
West Ham 3 points.
Soton 1 point.
Sunderland 3 points.
Spurs 1 point.
Liverpool 1 point.
Swansea 1 point.
Man United 0 points.
Villa 3 points.
Everton 1 point.

+23 points. I've been nice in looking over Rafa's ability to drop easy points at home to awful teams but I'd be surprised if Chelsea did get 23 points from this.

Spurs:
Saudi Sportswashing Machine 3 points.
West Ham 3 points.
Arsenal 3 points.
Liverpool 1 point.
Fulham 3 points.
Swansea 1 point.
Everton 3 points.
Chelsea 1 point.
Emirates Marketing Project 0 points.
Wigan 3 points.
Soton 3 points.
Stoke 3 points.
Sunderland 3 points.

+ 30 points. That Wigan fixture scares the hell out of me because they might be in their end of season invincible mode by then, but without knowing when they'll do this, I gave Chelsea and us the wins against Wigan. I'm usually more conservative when it comes to all the top teams, but I'm being nice to everyone, not just us today.

Arsenal:
Sunderland 3 points.
Villa 3 points.
Spurs 0 points.
Everton 1 point.
Swansea 0 points.
Reading 3 points.
West Brom 1 point.
Norwich 3 points.
Fulham 3 point.
Man United 0 points.
QPR 1 point.
Wigan 3 points.
Saudi Sportswashing Machine 1 point.

+20 points. Again, 3 points vs Wigan like everyone else despite Wigan having the ability to get wins against everyone at the end of the season. The West Brom and Fulham games are both drawable, but I figured they'd get 4 from those 2 games, although I'm not sure which side they will drop points against.

Everton:

Man United 1 point.
Norwich 3 points.
Reading 3 points.
Arsenal 1 point.
Emirates Marketing Project 3 points.
Stoke 3 points.
Spurs 0 points.
QPR 3 points.
Sunderland 3 points.
Fulham 3 points.
Liverpool 1 point (and a fight)
West Ham 3 points.
Chelsea 1 point.

+28 points. The 3 points vs Emirates Marketing Project are extremely unlikely but I've been nice to everyone else and Everton are capable, so it was more a worst case scenario thing.

Liverpool:

West Brom 3 points.
Swansea 1 point.
Wigan 1 point.
Spurs 1 point.
Soton 1 point.
Villa 3 points.
West Ham 3 points.
Reading 3 points.
Chelsea 1 point.
Saudi Sportswashing Machine 1 point.
Everton 1 point (and a fight).
Fulham 1 point.
QPR 0 points.

+20 points. This is beyond generous. Swansea are more likely to beat them than get beaten, drawing against us at their place would be a better result for them than us considering they haven't beaten anyone in the top half of the table this season. The draw vs Chelsea is more due to Rafa being brick than Liverpool being good... This is really being kind to them. I think Swansea will finish above them. I can easily see them losing to Soton and Wigan...

This is a team that lost at home to Villa. I would be shocked if they did this well. The best thing they have going for them is Lucas not being injured at the moment. But he's capable of missing months of a season like he did earlier. I can't believe I gave a team that has Henderson and Downing in it this kind of unbeaten run.

Dont think I will attempt to do a Prem Predictor this season. You just cant really anticipate how things will pan out, we've just seen Everton drop 2 points which we didnt expect.
Each weekend we seem to get one unexpected result, hopefully this weeks will be at Stamford Bridge or Sunderland..rather than WHL

As mentioned previously, key games are Arsenal and Everton at home, all the remaining are big, but for me those two are massive

Can't be bothered to predict the outcomes of each game, but this is what I think the table will ultimately look like:

Top 6:
1. United
2. Emirates Marketing Project
3. Chelsea
4. Scum
5. Spurs
6. Everton

Bottom 3:

18. Southampton
19. Reading
20. Aston Villa

I came into this thread with great interest and I wanted to highlight how some of the predictions were, well, overconfident in our often toothless side that is reliant a little too much on Bale,plus vulnerable defensively if attacked straight through the middle a bit more than before with the Sandro-Dembele axis broken up(again).
So I did my own predictions as well:

ChelseaTottenhamArsenalEvertonLiverpool
Wigan (H) – W Saudi Sportswashing Machine (H) – W Sunderland (A) – D Man Utd (A) – L West Brom (H) – W
Emirates Marketing Project (A) – L West Ham (A) – W Aston Villa (A)- W Norwich (A) – D Swansea (H) – D
West Brom (H) – W Arsenal (H) – W Tottenham (A) – L Reading (H) – W Wigan (A) – W
Fulham (A) – D Liverpool (A) – L Everton (H) – D Arsenal (A) – D Tottenham (H) – W
West Ham (H) – W Fulham (H) – W Swansea (A) – W Emirates Marketing Project (H) – D Southampton (A) – D
Southampton (A) – W Swansea (A) – W Reading (H) – W Stoke (H) – W Aston Villa (A) – W
Sunderland (H) – W Everton (H) – W West Brom (A) – D Tottenham (A) – L West Ham (H) – W
Tottenham (H) – L Chelsea (A) – W Norwich (H) – W QPR (H) – W Reading (A) – L
Liverpool (A) – D Emirates Marketing Project (H) – D Fulham (A)- W Sunderland (A) – W Chelsea (H) – D
Swansea (H) – D Wigan (A)- W Man Utd (H)- L Fulham (H)- W Saudi Sportswashing Machine (A) – L
Man Utd (A)- L Southampton (H) – D QPR (A) - L Liverpool (A)- D Everton (H) – D
Aston Villa (A) – W Stoke (A) – D Wigan (H) – W West Ham (H) – W Fulham (A) – W
Everton (H) – W Sunderland (H) – W Saudi Sportswashing Machine (A) – D Chelsea (A) – L QPR (H) – W

So...

Predicted Chelsea points haul: 24
Predicted Tottenham points haul: 30
Predicted Arsenal points haul: 22
Predicted Everton points haul: 22
Predicted Liverpool points haul: 25

Final placings:
Tottenham – 75
Chelsea – 70
Everton – 64
Arsenal -64
Liverpool - 61

F---Me - I'm as deluded as the rest of you:eek:

I came into this thread with great interest and I wanted to highlight how some of the predictions were, well, overconfident in our often toothless side that is reliant a little too much on Bale,plus vulnerable defensively if attacked straight through the middle a bit more than before with the Sandro-Dembele axis broken up(again).
So I did my own predictions as well:

ChelseaTottenhamArsenalEvertonLiverpool
Wigan (H) – W Saudi Sportswashing Machine (H) – W Sunderland (A) – D Man Utd (A) – L West Brom (H) – W
Emirates Marketing Project (A) – L West Ham (A) – W Aston Villa (A)- W Norwich (A) – D Swansea (H) – D
West Brom (H) – W Arsenal (H) – W Tottenham (A) – L Reading (H) – W Wigan (A) – W
Fulham (A) – D Liverpool (A) – L Everton (H) – D Arsenal (A) – D Tottenham (H) – W
West Ham (H) – W Fulham (H) – W Swansea (A) – W Emirates Marketing Project (H) – D Southampton (A) – D
Southampton (A) – W Swansea (A) – W Reading (H) – W Stoke (H) – W Aston Villa (A) – W
Sunderland (H) – W Everton (H) – W West Brom (A) – D Tottenham (A) – L West Ham (H) – W
Tottenham (H) – L Chelsea (A) – W Norwich (H) – W QPR (H) – W Reading (A) – L
Liverpool (A) – D Emirates Marketing Project (H) – D Fulham (A)- W Sunderland (A) – W Chelsea (H) – D
Swansea (H) – D Wigan (A)- W Man Utd (H)- L Fulham (H)- W Saudi Sportswashing Machine (A) – L
Man Utd (A)- L Southampton (H) – D QPR (A) - L Liverpool (A)- D Everton (H) – D
Aston Villa (A) – W Stoke (A) – D Wigan (H) – W West Ham (H) – W Fulham (A) – W
Everton (H) – W Sunderland (H) – W Saudi Sportswashing Machine (A) – D Chelsea (A) – L QPR (H) – W

So...

Predicted Chelsea points haul: 24
Predicted Tottenham points haul: 30
Predicted Arsenal points haul: 22
Predicted Everton points haul: 22
Predicted Liverpool points haul: 25

Final placings:
Tottenham – 75
Chelsea – 70
Everton – 64
Arsenal -64
Liverpool - 61

F---Me - I'm as deluded as the rest of you:eek:

You have us getting 6 more points than last season? Very bold of you!

You have us getting 6 more points than last season? Very bold of you!

It's crazy; I have major issues with the lack of buying a striker, we are a bit softer through the middle withoutSandro,plus Arsenal's second-half of the season upturn worries; but then I come out with these predictions...I'm going tohave to lie down....

Back