• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre-Season: *** Tottenham Hotspur vs MLS All-Stars OPSFMT ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Carroll is older than Dier.
Dembele isnt needed on the wing.

Dier doesn't have the passing ability or technical ability to play in midfield. Also he wont have the positioning as he not anywhere near used to playing there. And what is the point in shoving him into another new position hampering his development?
What must Onomah, Dele Alli and Winks think if a centre half barely a few years older than them is ahead of them in the midfield peeking order. These guys cant even get a chance in pre season.

But this is typical from the same Manger that give Kane only 64 minutes in the first 10 league games of the season until he couldnt ignore his form in the cups anymore and then got lauded for his youth policy. Its all talk. The only player he brought in from our 'youths' was Mason.

It didn't do Ledley any harm. Mourinho played Zouma in midfield as well so I don't think it will necessarily hamper his development. Besides chances are that he won't play the whole game in that position.

I'd only be happy selecting Alli, Winks and Onomah if they had shown themselves to be ready. Obviously they aren't just yet so Poch is leaving them on the bench. I'd expect a lot of changes around the 60 minute mark

i think we are gonna get slaughtered

Murica 1-0 Tottingham

The match is supposed to be on sky sports 1, but it isn't on the planner, premiership moments are.... Frustrating.

Looking forward to Dier in midfield. Played there in his youth and even in a big game vs Porto when he was at Sporting.

He's tall, good passing ability, good in the air, quick and strong on the ball. Him sitting with Alderweireld and Vertonghen behind him could be nice.

Ss1 are showing a repeat in the morning at round about 11am I believe. The only way you're going to watch it is if you have fox sports, are going to stream through spurs TV of find alternative rivers.

Looking forward to Dier in midfield. Played there in his youth and even in a big game vs Porto when he was at Sporting.

He's tall, good passing ability, good in the air, quick and strong on the ball. Him sitting with Alderweireld and Vertonghen behind him could be nice.

It could solve our biggest problem so lets hope so.

Ss1 are showing a repeat in the morning at round about 11am I believe. The only way you're going to watch it is if you have fox sports, are going to stream through spurs TV of find alternative rivers.
Really i was sure it was being shown live

Oh yes I can see it on Sky 1 at 10.50am, cheers Mumorm. Judging by length of programme could well be whole 90 mins...

I don't know if the schedule is the same in the UK as in Norway, but we can watch the game at Eurosport 2. That said, it seems we can't watch it at the OS...

Being shown live (and for free) on the Official Spurs website. (U.K. & Ireland only).

I also thought it was on SS1, weird if it's not.

It could solve our biggest problem so lets hope so.

Do you think we'll overcompensate for the bad defence last season and not score enough? Who am kidding this is a Pochettino team, the side will be out of position most of the time trying to break down opponents! Leaving Dier and the Belgians back could be the answer.

I see he will be playing as a defensive midfield player, this could be very interesting. You never know it might actually work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back