• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre Season 2017

Really really poor display. Friendly or not, some players didn't show up at all. Dier in particular. I guess Poch kept him on just in spite.

Well that was a bit of a pasting!
It's all about fitness though........right?!
Hope GKN gets some minutes this year though, he's looked lively this pre season.

6?
2 with Rose and Wanyama. Rest onfield at kick off is the first team.

First team squad then for the maticulous among you.

Son, Lamela, Sissoko, Onomah + the 2 u mention. My point being the bench could have been stronger.

Ps - Harsh of you to discard Son.

I am getting the feeling that some of our fans might become a tad fatilstic if we have a bad start to the season. Think we all need to calm down and give a lovely manager time.

Personally I have written off this season a little bit.

Also think we might make a move in the transfer market after we find which of Ajax or Nice qualify for the champs league group stage.

Same here. It's a season away from home, basically. I'm preparing for 6th or thereabouts.

We either call this a development season and likely lose Alderweireld, Alli and Eriksen next summer or we spend some money on a couple of good players. We look sluggish and are slow all over the pitch, this squad needs rejuvernating. Dier is either putting in 50% effort because he wants out or doesn't care about pre-season. Alli was finding it hard to find space, because Eriksen was being shut down. Perhaps having a top winger giving them something to think about would help and whilst GKN did alright, he wasn't really scaring them as he was often receiving the ball far out and in ineffectual position's.

I'd second that. He's got something that no-one else in our squad seems to have.

Agree also. Saw in the Mahrez thread people saying they wouldn't want to risk money on him. Unfortunately in today's market you have to spend over the odds and take chances to improve. Some will work and some won't. You can't live in fear. At least we know he does have the ability when on his game.

Well, bit of a pasting. Not good enough, on any level - hopefully that doesn't repeat itself in our league encounters this season.

Also, to anyone who booed Walker - have a f*cking word with yourself.

Wasn't pleasant viewing but we got destroyed against them last season at the etihad too and got away with it. This was more emphatic.
City have an incredible side, we will be better equipped when we play them (I hope) but it's plain as day that we need more depth.

We won't play city every week but I'm keen to avoid being embarrassed in the CL against any side who can press.

Also we lack some real footballers, comfortable with the ball at their feet under pressure.

Buy Pereira and I'm a lot happier

Back