• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre Season 2017

We just got a footballing lesson. I don't think this shape helps us, as we seem to just be passing it in front of them and expecting Dembele to create something out of nothing.

CCV is exposed in this system when used out wide. He's not got the pace to deal with it nor the knowledge (like Vertonghen).
Onomah is not ready to play teams like this. Maybe if he was used further back, but he's not good enough to link the attack together against this quality of opposition.
Alli has been all over the place, he and Dier look a week or two behind players like Toby, Jane, Dembele and Kane.

Why have we taken to the pitch with 6 defensive players, 2 central midfielders, and 2 attack minded players?

Really should be playing these players in their best position imo.

Also looks like Davies is gonna be in cotton wool due to Rose's injury.

I would like to see more width from us, even when Rose and Walker were playing if they were not on it I felt we were to narrow. I know Poch likes that formation but it would hurt the opposition and give them something to think about if our midfielders went wide now and again.

We just got a footballing lesson. I don't think this shape helps us, as we seem to just be passing it in front of them and expecting Dembele to create something out of nothing.

CCV is exposed in this system when used out wide. He's not got the pace to deal with it nor the knowledge (like Vertonghen).
Onomah is not ready to play teams like this. Maybe if he was used further back, but he's not good enough to link the attack together against this quality of opposition.
Alli has been all over the place, he and Dier look a week or two behind players like Toby, Jane, Dembele and Kane.

Disagree, though Onomah looked quite bright, however he isnt a 10, far better when he is deeper (shock)
Agree on Alli but he will always look sloppy until a nutmeg comes off and he scores. I already am predicting Dier as this years spacegoat

Grim viewing wasn't it. People will say don't worry it's pre-season but you would like to take some stuff forward to the season. I hope I don't see that setup again.

I'm actually surprised we got on top for small periods.

I would like to see more width from us, even when Rose and Walker were playing if they were not on it I felt we were to narrow. I know Poch likes that formation but it would hurt the opposition and give them something to think about if our midfielders went wide now and again.

Who are u expecting width from?

The team is full of central minded players. Apart from Tippier there's no natural width.

We lack not just width but pace.
Fazio is their CB, surely someone can have a go at him for speed.
It would be interesting to see if GKN can exploit this.

We knew we needed a striker to play 2 up in certain games and some goals scoring width and trickery.

This is probably the first time I've seen Kane this angry. I mean the ref cheated him so now he's gonna take it out on the Roma players.

Well the 4231 is making them work, I guess technically speaking it should be 1-0 to us if the penalty calls we correct. Georgiou has looked bright.

Wimmer with a cack clearance. I'm gonna be worried if either Vertonghen or Alderweireld get injured.

Right bed - Got to say i think this level of opposition is going to help us moving into the season.
PSG
Roma
Emirates Marketing Project
Juventus

Seems a long time ago we would have a few games v Orlando Pirates

Back