• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre Season 2016

Edwards is tenacious in both those, beating the defender in a 50:50 challenge. Looks really busy, low centre of gravity, tidy finish, I like a lot. And what a change of direction for the second.

£8m is a good amount for Pritchard now but I don't think it'll look like a good amount in a year or two(even ignoring inflation).
Couldn't agree more. This one really puzzles me, but I'm not at training every day, so I'll assume Poch feels this is the best path forward.

Edwards is tenacious in both those, beating the defender in a 50:50 challenge. Looks really busy, low centre of gravity, tidy finish, I like a lot. And what a change of direction for the second.
I am hoping he features for us in a few matches this season. Would go a long way towards making him happy to stay at the club and not get his head turned by other clubs.

Couldn't agree more. This one really puzzles me, but I'm not at training every day, so I'll assume Poch feels this is the best path forward.

Agree with you on that. The way he played at Brentford, I was looking forwards to seeing what he could do at spurs. Poch clearly doesnt rate him for some reason though, so best for all he we sell him. I'd love to know what Poch doesnt like about him though

I hope Edwards has a stellar career for Spurs & England, but I do think far too many people are expecting too much too early from him.

Possibly true. But don't forget he was also (supposedly) holding out over signing pro terms because there were other, bigger offers on the table and he wanted some guarantees of opportunities. So to some extent he has raised his own profile. That's not to say we should put too much expectation on him, but he clearly has belief in his own abilities. I hope he will get some first team chances in LC and maybe FAC games next season - and that it will be enough to convince him that he has a route to success with us, rather than trying to rush it elsewhere.

Agree with you on that. The way he played at Brentford, I was looking forwards to seeing what he could do at spurs. Poch clearly doesnt rate him for some reason though, so best for all he we sell him. I'd love to know what Poch doesnt like about him though
You wonder whether his injury has affected his confidence long-term.

Alternatively it might be there's a question mark over his attitude. Hate to say it but at Brentford he sometimes showed a worrying reluctance to chase back after losing possession.

Just my twopenny worth.

I hope Edwards has a stellar career for Spurs & England, but I do think far too many people are expecting too much too early from him.

Attitude and application will determine that, along with some career choices along the way.

Edwards has been a promising player for much longer than he has been more publically hyped.

You wonder whether his injury has affected his confidence long-term.

Alternatively it might be there's a question mark over his attitude. Hate to say it but at Brentford he sometimes showed a worrying reluctance to chase back after losing possession.

Just my twopenny worth.

He's what - 23? 24 now? It may be as simple as he wants to be playing football. He had a very frustrating season last year, starting positively with being cited as part of Poch's plans, getting a PL sub appearance, then getting an injury recurrence, being out for months, and then taking (choosing) a very unproductive loan. Maybe he feels, given his age, that he needs to be at a club where he is guaranteed first team football. I hate to see him go. He is clearly very talented. But it might not be Poch wanting to get rid, rather Pritchard himself wanting to move on.
100% supposition, of course.

He's what - 23? 24 now? It may be as simple as he wants to be playing football. He had a very frustrating season last year, starting positively with being cited as part of Poch's plans, getting a PL sub appearance, then getting an injury recurrence, being out for months, and then taking (choosing) a very unproductive loan. Maybe he feels, given his age, that he needs to be at a club where he is guaranteed first team football. I hate to see him go. He is clearly very talented. But it might not be Poch wanting to get rid, rather Pritchard himself wanting to move on.
100% supposition, of course.
Either way it'll be hugely dismaying if as seems likely he leaves. His ability and vision going forward is so reminiscent of the great Danny Blanchflower.

Either way it'll be hugely dismaying if as seems likely he leaves. His ability and vision going forward is so reminiscent of the great Danny Blanchflower.

I know I'm old and my memory might be rose tinted but there is no way Pritchard is reminiscent of Blanchflower unless he's wearing a No4 Spurs shirt.

Back