• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre Season 2013

the fudges Sandro?

You need to be a little more observant. That is actually a picture of Sandro's shirt pocket, he is now so immense that he can keep the rest of the Spurs squad in his front shirt pocket. Furthermore, he is planning keeping all premier strikers in his back pocket next season. ;)

Gomes; Walker, Caulker, Dawson, Rose; Huddlestone, Lennon, Parker; Dempsey, Sigurdsson, Adebayor was the line up today:

..................Gomes
Walker....Caulker...Dawson....Rose
.........Parker.....Huddlestone
Lennon.....Siggy..............Dempsey
.............Adebayor

was our line up today, well it was certainly the same players, I never got to see the game so I never got to see how we lined up or played but that is ridiculously far off our starting eleven for the season coming up, it's a very strong second team.

.................Lloris
Walker...Kaboul...Vertonghen....Ekotto
.................Sandro
.......Paulinho.....Dembele
Bale..........Soldado?...........Chadli

I mean that could potentially be our new line up and that is a whole 10 changes to our line up, I really wouldn't worry about todays result. Hopefully AVB realises some players simply arent good enough and this is just a fitness boost (as it obviously is) and ready to ship some players out the door when we are back, I hope to see a team similar to that one in friendlies going through early August.

Paolo Di Canio has labelled it a killer pitch and Andre Villas-Boas wants to pull out altogether - the Asia Trophy is on the brink.

Sunderland and Tottenham have been left raging after torrential rain has marred the pre-season spectacle, with the tour's future in doubt.

Villas-Boas wants to pull his side out because of the treacherous conditions, as Di Canio revealed the Black Cats are refusing to put themselves in danger and aren't training with a ball.

'Of course I’m worried about the safety of the players. It’s a killer pitch in this weather with injuries, at this stage of the season especially.,' Di Canio fumed.

'The boys trained this morning without the ball. You can’t believe this kind of weather.

'We have to handle the situation. This morning for example we changed our schedule a bit and they ran without the ball. We couldn’t play on the field.

'I hope that we can do something for tomorrow and play the games. I hope the rain can stop from now on and maybe we can have a good pitch.'

The Spurs manager has already lost defender Jan Vertonghen for the start of the Premier League season because of conditions in Hong Kong, and after the washout win against Sunderland on Wednesday, feels they're better off not risking more injuries in the final.

Officials decided to play just 40 minutes a half in Spurs' 3-1 win over the Black Cats as the weather made proceedings farcical. That, Villas-Boas argues, is having a detrimental effect on preparations for the Premier League season.

'I’d prefer not to go ahead. That’s the reality we have to face,' Villas-Boas said.

'We have to be professional and stand up for this tournament. It’s our responsibility if the authorities go ahead and play the game.

'Player safety is much more important than a pre-season game.

'To avoid injuries in situations like this, the pitch isn’t in a great condition.

'It’s going to be extremely poor conditions and the final will be even worse.'

So... the game against South China is on tomorrow (Saturday) 11am UK time yeah? What channel is it on?

So... the game against South China is on tomorrow (Saturday) 11am UK time yeah? What channel is it on?

Here in SEA, it is on cable channel at 6pm.

By the way, how come there is no OMT for Spurs V South China game ? After losing to Sunderland, no one brave enough to start now ?

Is it still on? Thought i heard on ssn could be off

Just speculation only. Don't think we will pull out completely. At worst, we will play our fringe players only. You can bet, Adebayor will play in it, rain or no rain.:lol:

So, any official team news yet ?

Will be annoyed if the game is called off. Want to see us put up a better performance than against Sunderland. With us still winless in pre-season, hope we will win this match. We need to get the winning feeling before the new season starts. Want to see our strikers score for once !

Our line-up - Lloris; Walker, Caulker, Dawson, Rose; Dembele, Parker, Sigurdsson; Lennon, Defoe, Dempsey. #THFC #BAT2013

Our subs - Friedel, Gomes, Assou-Ekotto, Fryers, Naughton, Carroll, Huddlestone, Livermore, Townsend. #THFC #BAT2013

No Bale again ! Anti-Spurs media will continue with the Bale out rumours !

I think except for Rose and Bale, that is virtually our first team lineup from last season.

Hope we put up a good performance and win !

I think except for Rose and Bale, that is virtually our first team lineup from last season.

It's as strong as we could line up today I figure,
but think you're forgetting some players likely to start:
Kaboul, Vertonghen, Sandro, Paulinho, new striker/Adebayor

- edit - lol only now I see you wrote last season :)

Back