• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre match superstition - let's hear yours.

StephenH

David Ginola
Keep it clean!

I always shave the morning of a match! Mundane I agree........
I bet you lot have some good ones.

Keep it clean!

I always shave the morning of a match! Mundane I agree........
I bet you lot have some good ones.

If we are attending a home match
The same Retro 1995 Away Shirt, Jeans, Boxers, Socks and Trainers. Park in the same car park, drive the same route from the hotel, walk the same route to the ground.
If we do stay overnight, even try and request the same room!

Away matches, we eat at the same services on the way to whichever ground we go to, always have to have a Burger King. And providing we have one take, a ticket stub form a previous visit to that ground when we have won there

There are more, but get a but freaky tbh

Only ever had the pleasure of visiting the Lane once, 0-0 against Palace last season. I met Darth Vader outside the ground, I guess I'll make that a habit.

Else, no superstitions, I am boring.

If we are attending a home match
The same Retro 1995 Away Shirt, Jeans, Boxers, Socks and Trainers. Park in the same car park, drive the same route from the hotel, walk the same route to the ground.
If we do stay overnight, even try and request the same room!

Away matches, we eat at the same services on the way to whichever ground we go to, always have to have a Burger King. And providing we have one take, a ticket stub form a previous visit to that ground when we have won there

There are more, but get a but freaky tbh
Do we ever lose when you do all this?

I used to have some sort of menial challenge like trying kick a can of coke into the bin if i nail it then i convince myself that this random act has a major affect on the game.

If anything poch should just chill as should the team, wait till 10 mins before kick off and see what happened with the can of coke

I used to have some sort of menial challenge like trying kick a can of coke into the bin if i nail it then i convince myself that this random act has a major affect on the game.

If anything poch should just chill as should the team, wait till 10 mins before kick off and see what happened with the can of coke

Wow! Where do you live to find so many cans to kick?? Or is this at home?

I do for playing

I won't play unless there's a 5 on my shirt (I'll take 15 or 25 if 5 has already gone) and I have to wear 2 pairs of socks

My pre-match rituals include posting a long thread in the OMT, avoid wearing Spurs t-shirt and avoid watching any Spurs videos on the match day. And during the match, the ritual is shaking hands with my 12 year old nephew, who has been Spurs' lucky charm, every time we attack or have a set piece ! Mind you, my nephew has been our lucky charm since he was about 4 years old. I still remember how I found the lucky charm of my nephew. It was during the 2008 Carling Cup Final where we we losing 1-0 and didn't look like scoring a goal. Feeling desperate, I held the hand of my nephew who was 4 years old then and pleaded with him to help us win ! Barely 20 seconds later, we won the penalty and the rest was history ! Needless to say, he single handedly helped us win the Cup that day and has helped us score many crucial goals since then ! I feel much more confident when he is watching the game with me !:p

Last edited:
I must get blind drunk before every game I attend otherwise the match ends up being a snore fest

Back