• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

I'm just hoping that Mrs May thinks very very carefully about Northern Ireland, before she reignites those disastrous times. It can't be worth, how ever remotely, jeopardising the current precarious calm.

How? The free market silly. Get in the dodgiest material, at the cheapest price and make a big fat profit. It's what makes the world go around. Public safety? What's that and anyway, who care?

Every time I have been to Seoul and Shanghai, I look at the shiny buildings and wonder how many of them are plastic-comprised/compromised? Disgraceful. San Francisco, too, is enduring a massive spurt of building and you certainly hope someone somewhere has a grip; I suppose the difference there is that those blocks will be rich penthouses thus perhaps less corner-cutting, but really, who knows in the rush to widen profits which are already ridiculous given the property market...

I'm just hoping that Mrs May thinks very very carefully about Northern Ireland, before she reignites those disastrous times. It can't be worth, how ever remotely, jeopardising the current precarious calm.
Sinn Fein can always come and sit in parliament and oppose them if they want.

The only reason she could stay on is that no one wants to deal with the brick she would leave behind.

You might be on to something there. Brexit is likely to make public opinion of the government even worse (because there is no way to please everyone) as will a weak minority government propped up by the DUP weirdos. Who wants to step in to that?

You might be on to something there. Brexit is likely to make public opinion of the government even worse (because there is no way to please everyone) as will a weak minority government propped up by the DUP weirdos. Who wants to step in to that?

But you add the brick fest that is 'power sharing' to the above and it really gets naughty.

The Netherlands is the second largest exporter of agricultural goods after the United States. By far the most important sector for agricultural exports remains horticulture, which includes fresh flowers, plants, nursery products and flower bulbs. These are followed by meat, dairy products, eggs, vegetables and fruit.

https://www.cbs.nl/en-gb/news/2017/03/agricultural-exports-up-by-over-4-percent

I want the North East to follow the Dutch vision, we should be creating the right circumstances for the North East to become a world leader in offshore wind renewable technology, I am also a little obsessed with vertical farming. Again the Dutch(I love that country) are showing the way with some massive vertical farming greenhouses. Instead of coal mines dotting the landscape it should be glass greenhouses like the ones at the Eden project.

Instead of bleating on about Brexit and all the other crap, I wish we would look forward to new technologies and try to help companies by creating all the right circumstances for new industries to prosper. The North West has the media thing going on, we need to create new industries for the North West and Wales. London should focus more on China and new currency trading.

We should also have a new cabinet position for national infrastructure projects, we have enough politicians and clearly if they are allowed and able to do several jobs we are not working them hard enough for their considerable pay. I am sure most politicians would jump at the chance to be in the cabinet, I do not think having an expanded cabinet is a bad thing and liked them making a post for foreign trade(Liam Fox) I believe.

The Netherlands is the second largest exporter of agricultural goods after the United States. By far the most important sector for agricultural exports remains horticulture, which includes fresh flowers, plants, nursery products and flower bulbs. These are followed by meat, dairy products, eggs, vegetables and fruit.

https://www.cbs.nl/en-gb/news/2017/03/agricultural-exports-up-by-over-4-percent

I want the North East to follow the Dutch vision, we should be creating the right circumstances for the North East to become a world leader in offshore wind renewable technology, I am also a little obsessed with vertical farming. Again the Dutch(I love that country) are showing the way with some massive vertical farming greenhouses. Instead of coal mines dotting the landscape it should be glass greenhouses like the ones at the Eden project.

Instead of bleating on about Brexit and all the other crap, I wish we would look forward to new technologies and try to help companies by creating all the right circumstances for new industries to prosper. The North West has the media thing going on, we need to create new industries for the North West and Wales. London should focus more on China and new currency trading.

We should also have a new cabinet position for national infrastructure projects, we have enough politicians and clearly if they are allowed and able to do several jobs we are not working them hard enough for their considerable pay. I am sure most politicians would jump at the chance to be in the cabinet, I do not think having an expanded cabinet is a bad thing and liked them making a post for foreign trade(Liam Fox) I believe.
Why do you think we haven't already? Failure of the government to make the right decision, failure of the free market, too much government to allow the free market....none of the above?

That's exactly the sort of smart arsed comment, that bothers me. When it comes to Northern Ireland I doubt normal logic and argument prevails.
They spend decades trying to blow us up and we offer them seats in our parliament. If they don't want to play at being grown ups them fudge 'em.

It's not the place of the reasonable to keep accomodating the irrational.

They spend decades trying to blow us up and we offer them seats in our parliament. If they don't want to play at being grown ups them fudge 'em.

It's not the place of the reasonable to keep accomodating the irrational.

I completely agree

but there is nothing rational, or indeed binding, about swearing allegiance to anything, a person, a leather bound fairy story or a flag

perhaps we could let them take the seats without the pomp and circumstance

Yes it is!
So the way to achieve what you want is to behave irrationally and illegally and then just wait for the good and honest to give you what you want?

I think that's a bad message to send to society in general and a particularly bad one to send to terrorists.

And that's why the world is in the state it is.

It's the fault of elected politicians "accommodating the irrational" by funding and creating terrorist groups (Al Qaeda in the 80s, trained and armed by USA); "accommodating the irrational" by being allied with states that propagate, fund and spread terrorist ideology for the sake of oil and arms deals (Britain and the US with Saudi Arabia, whose Wahhabist ideology is the basis of the beliefs of Isis and Al Qaeda); "accommodating the irrational" with de-regulation of the financial sector and a wilful blindness to the practices that lead to the financial crash of 2008. We can go on and on...

That's why the world is in a state, it's the people with power doing the bidding of those who finance them rather than those who elect them.

Back