• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

Sounds a lot like you to be honest.
I genuinely don't know what you're trying to say there.

I think most on this site would regard me as being one of the biggest critics of conspiracy theories around. Even as students that kind of thinking tends to be the reserve of those lacking in mental agility. The kind who would normally be religious but happen not to have been introduced to religion during their childhood.

Maybe as we have both agreed earlier only time will tell.

I think that we should be able to tell pretty quickly whether his views are getting any traction or not.

I think that the public made up its mind on the deficit and the causes of the recession in the six months after the 2010 election and no matter whether they are right or wrong, they are not open to hearing alternative explanations or solutions.

If Corbyn cannot find support for his explanation and solutions outside of his core support, everything else is doomed to failure.

There is no debate to be had with you, as I have said you are so dyed in the wool with your beliefs that its would be a waste of time.
I'm not asking you to change my beliefs, I'm asking you to explain why a republican that flip-flops over kneeling before the Queen is any different to a free market capitalist who introduces a living wage in order to keep Boris Johnson out of the leadership race, or a Euro-skeptic who flip-flops over Europe to get elected.

I'm not asking you to change my beliefs, I'm asking you to explain why a republican that flip-flops over kneeling before the Queen is any different to a free market capitalist who introduces a living wage in order to keep Boris Johnson out of the leadership race, or a Euro-skeptic who flip-flops over Europe to get elected.

Would you listen to any attempt to explain any opinion then what you believe? I would doubt that very much and as I said would be a waste of my time and yours. You carry on with the " I am all right jack" way of thinking and screw the others, after all that is how you usually deal with this topic. :p

Would you listen to any attempt to explain any opinion then what you believe? I would doubt that very much and as I said would be a waste of my time and yours. You carry on with the " I am all right jack" way of thinking and screw the others, after all that is how you usually deal with this topic. :p
Citation needed. ....

A couple of months ago, I read that Corbyn said something along the lines of he was a republican, but it was not something he was going to pursue politically at this time because there are much bigger issues at hand, more worthy fights to fight. His parliamentary voting record over 30 odd years shows a consistency in his principles and beliefs. He reluctantly stood as a leadership candidate and never 'sold out' to further his career in the Labour Party.

Whereas many other politicians will say or do anything to further their careers and gain power. Corbyn isn't this and you know it, but you don't really want an explanation, you're just on the windup. ;)

Last from me on this unless I can think of anything new or useful to add. The times editorial calls it about right for me:

“The job of leader of the opposition is a difficult one. It involves leading roles in some of the toughest occasions in the parliamentary calendar... Mr Corbyn has so far managed a long political career with no notable success.

He... is a serial protester, a man happier saying what is wrong than worrying over the troublesome detail of how to put it right.

He is a man who has never had to perform at high-profile moments in parliament, never had to write a big speech for a party conference, never had to take the lead in set-piece interviews.”

You can't castigate the guy for joining the privy council, it's part of the job.

Not agreeing with the system doesn't mean you are not bound by the rules of it.

You can't castigate the guy for joining the privy council, it's part of the job.

Not agreeing with the system doesn't mean you are not bound by the rules of it.
Much like making concessions to your party in order to stop it falling apart. All politicians compromise, Corbyn has already had to.

A couple of months ago, I read that Corbyn said something along the lines of he was a republican, but it was not something he was going to pursue politically at this time because there are much bigger issues at hand, more worthy fights to fight. His parliamentary voting record over 30 odd years shows a consistency in his principles and beliefs. He reluctantly stood as a leadership candidate and never 'sold out' to further his career in the Labour Party.

Whereas many other politicians will say or do anything to further their careers and gain power. Corbyn isn't this and you know it, but you don't really want an explanation, you're just on the windup. ;)
So Corbyn has prioritised the things he cares most about and chosen to ignore his republican beliefs in order to make the opposition party run as a party.

Which is no different at all from all the other politicians who compromise on policies that mean less to them in order to put through policies that mean more to them.

Corbyn's no better or worse a politician than the rest of them, he's just a fool with terrorists for friends.

Much like making concessions to your party in order to stop it falling apart. All politicians compromise, Corbyn has already had to.

absolutely, with his voting history he'll be having to do a hell of a lot of it

from labour's point of view thats no bad thing

So Corbyn has prioritised the things he cares most about and chosen to ignore his republican beliefs in order to make the opposition party run as a party.

Which is no different at all from all the other politicians who compromise on policies that mean less to them in order to put through policies that mean more to them.

Corbyn's no better or worse a politician than the rest of them, he's just a fool with terrorists for friends.

it'll be a battle of dogmatism and pragmatism

absolutely, with his voting history he'll be having to do a hell of a lot of it

from labour's point of view thats no bad thing
I have to say, I really hope he doesn't compromise on anything. It would be incredibly short-lived, but hilarious while it lasts.

Other politicians will put forward policies to gain power, with absolutely no intention of following through on them. 'No top down reorganisation of NHS, migrants down to tens of thousands, greenest government ever' etc. When Corbyn proposes things that he doesn't believe in for the sake of gaining power, then he'll be just like those others. Until then, we'll just have to go on his principled stance to date (which has been to vote on what he believes to be right, regardless of the party line).

Last from me on this unless I can think of anything new or useful to add. The times editorial calls it about right for me:

“The job of leader of the opposition is a difficult one. It involves leading roles in some of the toughest occasions in the parliamentary calendar... Mr Corbyn has so far managed a long political career with no notable success.

He... is a serial protester, a man happier saying what is wrong than worrying over the troublesome detail of how to put it right.

He is a man who has never had to perform at high-profile moments in parliament, never had to write a big speech for a party conference, never had to take the lead in set-piece interviews.”

(1) No brick Sherlock.

(2) Well its better then ignoring it like most leaders do hoping it will go away. Step one is accepting that something is wrong and then taking steps to do something about it.

1320.jpg

I'm a republican and I couldn't give a brick about it. He can cross his fingers as he kneels for all I care. The queen is nothing more than a medieval irrelevance.

Back