• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

According to today’s Covid Inquiry evidence, Johnson seemed very keen to kill off a large proportion of his own voters.
It's all utterly disgusting, but not at all surprising.
I hope when Johnson takes the stand they rip him a new one.
As for Sunak......bring the popcorn. If the 1922 have any balls left (which I don't think they do) they'll have his replacement ready for 1 Jan.

Without Brexit Boris was a back bench journalist MP. Good for a laugh on Have I Got News for You. He had charisma but no one believed he had what it took to lead the nation. Then Brexi and the spiral downwards….Cameron, May, Biris, and rock bottom Truss.

As Baleforce says Boris performed exactly as predicted. A great entertainer and predictably bad leader.

Wasn't his 80 seat majority some kind of record? Eitherway it was a landslide, one of the most popular votes in UK history. In a democractic sense he certainally had something.

He told lots of lies about Brexit, had the unwavering support of the tabloid press, and was up against Jeremy Corbyn.

Those three things really explain the level of the majority.

That wasn't the debate either. Look, you just did it again...lol.
It was. The discussion is whether a govt seizing assets is a deterrent to investment.

It is. It's a really fundamental economic principle. Something you'd cover in the first year of even the most basic course in economics.

Without Brexit Boris was a back bench journalist MP. Good for a laugh on Have I Got News for You. He had charisma but no one believed he had what it took to lead the nation. Then Brexi and the spiral downwards….Cameron, May, Biris, and rock bottom Truss.

As Baleforce says Boris performed exactly as predicted. A great entertainer and predictably bad leader.
His reputation from his terms as Mayor of London clearly put way above "just another backbencher". His tenures were widely considered innovative and greatly successful - he would have always been in discussions re; potential leaders and cabinet positions. To not include a successful major of the world's best city would have been considered political irresponsibility

His reputation from his terms as Mayor of London clearly put way above "just another backbencher". His tenures were widely considered innovative and greatly successful - he would have always been in discussions re; potential leaders and cabinet positions. To not include a successful major of the world's best city would have been considered political irresponsibility

I think you're overstating the role tbh. You wouldn't say the same of Khan or would you? City Mayors budgets aren't that big, and London Mayor was probably about Boris' level. What was innovative and greatly successful? The bikes that carry his name that was a programme started by his predecessor? The bridge that was never built? The buses that you can't hop on and off as planned, that cost twice the price of a normal more roomy double-decker?

I’d genuinely be interested to know what ‘innovative and successful’ things Johnson brought to London during his time as mayor.

(I’m not accepting as a valid answer wasting millions of taxpayers’ pounds on a garden bridge that wasn’t built; or giving various financial and business leg-ups to whoever he happened to be shagging at any given moment behind the back of his cancer-afflicted wife).

GB News is Boris' level.

To be honest I think Boris, Sunak, Handrooster, etc should be held liable for the decisions they made during the pandemic. The pain and suffering these 'fudgepigs' knowingly caused should not be something they get away with.

Back