• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

It is worth pointing out that Israel/Netanyahu were funders and collaborators with Hamas themselves. It suited them at the time.
Hamas also provide the only meaningful social support network in Gaza, they are not 'just' a terrorist organisation. That is one of the reasons they were politically successful in 2005 land what presented an opportunity for engagement then which Israel and the West deliberately chose to reject/ignore). The removal (if it can be done which I doubt) of Hamas would leave a infrastructural/socio-political vacuum that the PA seems unable to fill.

Hamas also provide the only meaningful social support network in Gaza, they are not 'just' a terrorist organisation. That is one of the reasons they were politically successful in 2005 land what presented an opportunity for engagement then which Israel and the West deliberately chose to reject/ignore). The removal (if it can be done which I doubt) of Hamas would leave a infrastructural/socio-political vacuum that the PA seems unable to fill.
That's why Barghouti is the key. He's the ramp off for both Hamas and Fatah. Even a potential Mandela figure. Its why Netanyahu fears him so much.

In some ways northern ireland only found peace when the terrorists came into government, i.e. when Sein Fein and the DUP de facto replaced he moderate SDLP and UU as the governing parties.

I am reading some very scary interweb rumours about an imminent attack on Israel from Iran (direct, not via proxies).

Not surprising after those ridiculous assassinations at embassies and Netanyahu going full nut job.

Hopefully this prompts the big boys (China and the US) to rein their wayward kids back in.

12 drones likely to be intercepted. Hopefully just for show and nothing more comes of it.

Sounds like it's just for show, pretty obvious they'll get shot down. Still surprised I've not seen anyone highlighting how dumb it was to strike their embassy. Diplomatic ground is meant to be off limits.

Sounds like it's just for show, pretty obvious they'll get shot down. Still surprised I've not seen anyone highlighting how dumb it was to strike their embassy. Diplomatic ground is meant to be off limits.
Not off limits, just home soil. Usually left alone as it's tantamount to an invasion.

There's some debate as to whether the building the terrorist was in forms part of the embassy though.

I am reading some very scary interweb rumours about an imminent attack on Israel from Iran (direct, not via proxies).

So if the trouble in the Middle East was like a punch up outside a Wetherspoons to this point. This is clearly the bit where some bampot comes storming in with his dingdong hanging out, drooling all over the place shouting "Come on you clams, I'll take you all on"

Announcing it was done before the drones even got to Israel does suggest it was all for show.

Reminded me of that goon when Adebayor did the knee slide, who so desperately wanted to get onto the pitch. If only his friends had stopped holding him back......

Announcing it was done before the drones even got to Israel does suggest it was all for show.

Reminded me of that goon when Adebayor did the knee slide, who so desperately wanted to get onto the pitch. If only his friends had stopped holding him back......

Yeah, a proportional response.

But an expensive waste of hardware for both sides.

Yeah, a proportional response.

But an expensive waste of hardware for both sides.
Quite possibly a greater understanding of Israel's defences for its enemies, but not one that's likely to embolden them.

And let's not forget, every Iranian drone blasted out of the sky by Israel is an Iranian drone not being chucked at a Ukrainian school.

Quite possibly a greater understanding of Israel's defences for its enemies, but not one that's likely to embolden them.

And let's not forget, every Iranian drone blasted out of the sky by Israel is an Iranian drone not being chucked at a Ukrainian school.
I've seen this point being made by a few military strategists.

Iran had to respond to the embassay attack so this missle launch seemed proportionate to an extent (unlike Israel's response in Gaza), and had strategic benefits. Netanyahu would like nothing more than this to kick off and keep him in power that much longer but it seems this might be the beginning and end of this chapter. One hopes it is anyway.

Last edited:
I've seen this point being made by a few military strategists.

Iran had to respond to the embassay attack so this missle launch seemed proportionate to an extent (unlike Israel's response in Gaza), and had strategic benefits. Netanyahu would like nothing more than this to kick off and keep him in power that much longer but it seems this might be the beginning and end of this chapter. One hopes it is anyway.
I'm not so sure. Iran have shown how weak they are with an inability and/or unwillingness to react further.

Peace is good, but so is completely crushing your enemy to a point where they can't return.

I'm not so sure. Iran have shown how weak they are with an inability and/or unwillingness to react further.

Peace is good, but so is completely crushing your enemy to a point where they can't return.

Two nuclear nations led by religious zealous running quasi-fascist regimes. The only outcome of escalation at this point is mutually assured destruction.

Both need full-scale internal uprisings to bring a bit of liberalism and humanity back to the top of their societies.

Back