• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Where did I say I thought not having higher education is an impediment to life’s experiences?? It is just another experience. Just like taking away one of your many experiences wouldn’t define you.

The simple point was not to deny people education based on wealth. It should be available for people who want to pursue education, and it shouldn’t be contingent on having family with money. That is all.

Thanks for noting you weren’t a Chugger :D like your style.

Maybe I've misread your last sentence about how the experience of greater importance, all I would like to highlight is that great life experiences can found anywhere.
Indeed similar to your statement about education being what you make of it, so is life.
And yes education should be available to all, indeed I would go further in saying that it is more important for those with limited opportunities.
My big objection is the narrative some push that it is the only path.

Maybe I've misread your last sentence about how the experience of greater importance, all I would like to highlight is that great life experiences can found anywhere.
Indeed similar to your statement about education being what you make of it, so is life.
And yes education should be available to all, indeed I would go further in saying that it is more important for those with limited opportunities.
My big objection is the narrative some push that it is the only path.

100%

I like the Siddhartha-like story of your life this far. I completely embrace your philosophy on life.

100%

I like the Siddhartha-like story of your life this far. I completely embrace your philosophy on life.

Strange isn't it, I think I've led quite a dull life in comparison to others, but when you have a reason to look back and take stock I really can't complain.
It's your journey, make the most of it and it do what suits you.
We're all different, learn to appreciate our differences, it's what makes life interesting.

Strange isn't it, I think I've led quite a dull life in comparison to others, but when you have a reason to look back and take stock I really can't complain.
It's your journey, make the most of it and it do what suits you.
We're all different, learn to appreciate our differences, it's what makes life interesting.

Spot on

I'm intrigued by some of what you say.
Rereading what I've written below (as I always do:oops:
) this is a genuine question, I'm not having a go or trying to make a snidey point.

I never went to further education, it would have been a total waste of my time. A classroom environment is not somewhere I would flourish.
Between leaving school at and starting in my current employment at 25 (30 years ago) I worked in everything from a fishmonger to the inland revenue, from building sites to pr work for a charity ( no not a chugger) , for one of the biggest companies in the world to a back street engineering company.
Almost all have led to some kind of management position.
I drank in some of if not the roughest pubs in Glasgow, but I've also stayed in suites in some of the top hotels in the world.
From eating absolute crap from McDonald's I've dined in a private dining room at the connaught hotel in Mayfair with food and wine especially flown in from France and cooked by one of the world's top chef's. A private party of six, nothing business related.
I have friends who are drug addicts, I also have friends who have been honoured by the UN.
I am lucky to have friends that are everything from gardeners to very eminent professors involved in cutting edge medical treatments.
Why do you think not having a higher is a bar to experience the wonders of the world?
Speaking only for myself I don't think I would have had anywhere as rich a life as I've had if I had chosen to take my education further.
That is quite an interesting life you have led and I commend you for it. But the course of one's life only has to track one's education by a conscious decision to do so. It need not be that way, at least in the more affluent western world. Higher education is for some and not for others, it is as simple as that. But one thing I am sure of is that the decision to pursue 3rd level education, indeed any education, should not be determined by the ability to pay. It should be as close to free as possible, and I would make the same argument for any sort of post school training too.

Sigh.

Yeah that’s exactly the same as working for Daddy’s company then ‘buying it’.
Still using the conspiracy theorist approach, I see.

Make claim, be proven wrong, offer nothing to support statement, refuse to back it up, repeat false claim.

I'll add godtards to the list who work that way too.

Make claim, be proven wrong, offer nothing to support statement, refuse to back it up, repeat false claim.

The most hilarious thing about Nepo babies is how utterly oblivious they are to being Nepo babies.

Where was I proven wrong Nepo Dave? So you didn’t work for Daddy’s company before ‘purchasing’ it?

Odd you’d mention ‘godtards’ when you have exactly the same ethos being a free market fundamentalist. Again, blissfully oblivious..

Last edited:

Would you care to explain the Godtard etymology in civilized company in a public setting?

It doesn't seem super progressive nor clever but you do appear to pride yourself on being neither of the aforementioned adjectives so no doubt it'll be a pleasure exercising in mental gymnastics as to how it's okay.

Would you care to explain the Godtard etymology in civilized company in a public setting?

It doesn't seem super progressive nor clever but you do appear to pride yourself on being neither of the aforementioned adjectives so no doubt it'll be a pleasure exercising in mental gymnastics as to how it's okay.

I think he says it to exercise his free speech and to try and be incendiary behind his keyboard, the fact nobody is bothered is counter to his deep rooted belief that all people who believe we were created by a clever power rather than a ball of gas are thick and violent.

Sure.

It originates from the word smacktard, which was used in online gaming in the early 2000s. It would refer to someone prone to friendly fire or driving a transport full of players off a cliff, etc. The suggestion being that the use of smack (clicky) has damaged their brains to the point of being retarded.

GHod is considered to be the creator and ruler of the universe in some monotheistic religions.

When combined, these two terms are used to describe someone whose belief in GHod leads them to act retarded.

/lesson

The most hilarious thing about Nepo babies is how utterly oblivious they are to being Nepo babies.

Where was I proven wrong Nepo Dave? So you didn’t work for Daddy’s company before ‘purchasing’ it?

Odd you’d mention ‘godtards’ when you have exactly the same ethos being a free market fundamentalist. Again, blissfully oblivious..
You were and are wrong in considering that the purchase was or could have been treated as anything other than an arm's length transaction. Maybe when you have a bit more experience in buying, selling and running businesses it will be a bit clearer for you.

I also took a massive pay cut to take that job but I'm sure you don't care.

You were and are wrong in considering that the purchase was or could have been treated as anything other than an arm's length transaction. Maybe when you have a bit more experience in buying, selling and running businesses it will be a bit clearer for you.

I also took a massive pay cut to take that job but I'm sure you don't care.

You’re right, I don’t care. It’s just good to call out your gonad*s and/or naivety every once in a while and pop you back in your little box back to Gosport.

Enjoy running your company which you definitely became involved in on pure merit.

You’re right, I don’t care. It’s just good to call out your gonad*s and/or naivety every once in a while and pop you back in your little box back to Gosport.

Enjoy running your company which you definitely became involved in on pure merit.
Will do. Enjoy the willful ignorance

Sure.

It originates from the word smacktard, which was used in online gaming in the early 2000s. It would refer to someone prone to friendly fire or driving a transport full of players off a cliff, etc. The suggestion being that the use of smack (clicky) has damaged their brains to the point of being retarded.

GHod is considered to be the creator and ruler of the universe in some monotheistic religions.

When combined, these two terms are used to describe someone whose belief in GHod leads them to act retarded.

/lesson

Aww that took you a while didn't it, it's super cute that you cared enough to have to figure out a laughably weak workaround though.

What workaround? That's genuinely the etymology of the word.

The R word you have taken the "tard" part from predates the one you've quoted so it's laughably weak as a defense from the off. Iirc correctly you have proudly declared that you view anyone who is religious as having severe cognitive impairments so I'm unconvinced that the latter part from the portmanteau is from some relatively unknown gaming term, it's clear what your point is.

Free speech and all that but I'm guessing you wouldn't use any derivative of the word IRL with civilized company or at work but must feel super proud of yourself using it online. I'm not the forum police and have said things that aren't great on here (but not of a nature of denigrating protected characteristics) but it's a bit of a mad max level of forum which has it's pros and cons of course.

As shown in Peanut butter falcon you can use the word whilst not necessarily being anti - disabled people but it's still not a great look imo.

The R word you have taken the "tard" part from predates the one you've quoted so it's laughably weak as a defense from the off. Iirc correctly you have proudly declared that you view anyone who is religious as having severe cognitive impairments so I'm unconvinced that the latter part from the portmanteau is from some relatively unknown gaming term, it's clear what your point is.

Free speech and all that but I'm guessing you wouldn't use any derivative of the word IRL with civilized company or at work but must feel super proud of yourself using it online. I'm not the forum police and have said things that aren't great on here (but not of a nature of denigrating protected characteristics) but it's a bit of a mad max level of forum which has it's pros and cons of course.

As shown in Peanut butter falcon you can use the word whilst not necessarily being anti - disabled people but it's still not a great look imo.
If the word you're dancing around is retread, then of course all (cause)tard descriptions come from that. Obviously anyone religious has serious cognitive impairments. Religious belief is impossible with just the smallest application of logical reasoning - a prerequisite for an even average level of intelligence.

I haven't seen Peanut Butter Falcon, but language changes all the time. It's been decades since retread was considered an ableist slur and for some time has been used for people who (usually intentionally) have excluded themselves from intelligent society due to performing cognitive lobotomies on themselves. Here's one I've regularly heard used by your end of the political spectrum:
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Magatard

If the word you're dancing around is retread, then of course all (cause)tard descriptions come from that. Obviously anyone religious has serious cognitive impairments. Religious belief is impossible with just the smallest application of logical reasoning - a prerequisite for an even average level of intelligence.

I haven't seen Peanut Butter Falcon, but language changes all the time. It's been decades since retread was considered an ableist slur and for some time has been used for people who (usually intentionally) have excluded themselves from intelligent society due to performing cognitive lobotomies on themselves. Here's one I've regularly heard used by your end of the political spectrum:
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Magatard

You're telling me what I already pointed out in terms of the tard variations but if it helps to explain things that are already apparent all power to you I guess?

On the ableist slur point, you're impressively wrong. Feel free to give me another "lesson" on that one as I'm all ears.

As for the left point, some people may say things I don't agree with even if we happen to align on not being in to fascism / discrimination / ruining the world for profit - If you can't understand that then it's worth reflecting on your own cognitive capacity in terms of catagories and understanding that different people think different things.

Back