• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

I think he'll be quite happy to go off and make a fortune from his memoirs and the after-dinner circuit. It's all far too much like hard work for him, and far too much responsibility. In his heart of hearts he must know he's brick at it as well.

Thing is I imagine in 5 years time he will go back to being a cuddly figure. If Blair can reinvent himself Johnson can, at least he has not got us involved in a war.....if the war he gets us involved with is France he will probably go up in most people's estimations.

Is this a new thing from those on the left. If you don't agree with me on everything you must be on the right.

No middle. No some right views, some left.

Have to agree with all or you are right. Not only that, but because you are right i don't like you.

Because i don't like you, your arguments are invalid. They are ist. Whatever the ist is.

Good luck trying to win votes with that.

It is a thing, but its not new.
Just like if you're not as left as me you must be hard right.
Or if you're not as right as me you must be a mad marxist.

Is this a new thing from those on the left. If you don't agree with me on everything you must be on the right.

No middle. No some right views, some left.

Have to agree with all or you are right. Not only that, but because you are right i don't like you.

Because i don't like you, your arguments are invalid. They are ist. Whatever the ist is.

Good luck trying to win votes with that.

Right and left are just points of the compass (well not technically, but...).

Just become an anarchist (left wing, but opposed to the state as much as corporate power) like me and confuse everyone

Right and left are just points of the compass (well not technically, but...).

Just become an anarchist (left wing, but opposed to the state as much as corporate power) like me and confuse everyone

Welll the political compass puts me thesame as ghandi. The nationalist that he was.

Welll the political compass puts me thesame as ghandi. The nationalist that he was.
Been a while since we've had a political compass discussion here.

I'm in the purple bit somewhere near Smith and Friedman (aka the area for those who are right).

Been a while since we've had a political compass discussion here.

I'm in the purple bit somewhere near Smith and Friedman (aka the area for those who are right).
It's the first time I've done the questions, rather than just plotting myself, but I'm very deep in the green (about -7 on both axes; Noam Chomsky), which is what I would have expected

Last edited:
I’m bang in the middle, the rest of you are commies or fascists.

In essence, political ideology and identity is that polar. Although I have some right-wing leanings when comes to business, markets and freedom, I'd much prefer to identify as a 'commie' than a fascist :)

In essence, political ideology and identity is that polar. Although I have some right-wing leanings when comes to business, markets and freedom, I'd much prefer to identify as a 'commie' than a fascist :)

Yeah yeah yeah, you all claim pink until it’s time to cut the sausage.

Back