• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Never like this though mate.
Has a government ever taken the tinkle so much? Her plan was defeated conclusively, in normal times it would destroy her as it is bringing it back and getting thrashed only to try and bring it back again is her not doing her job.

Reactions: DTA
Still don't see it happening myself. My view is that the EU will do whatever it takes to facilitate a reversal towards either an ultra-soft brexit or another referendum if/when May's deal goes down. Just my take...
I don't think so. The EU have drawn their own red lines around the extension and they are ones the UK will not meet. If this hits Sunday, operation yellowhammer (where did they get this name) is enacted.

Last edited:
Has a government ever taken the tinkle so much? Her plan was defeated conclusively, in normal times it would destroy her as it is bringing it back and getting thrashed only to try and bring it back again is her not doing her job.

Not a lot of " for the people" going on at the moment, just arseholes creating mayham.

Not a lot of " for the people" going on at the moment, just arseholes creating mayham.
Her plan hasn't changed since September this is by design leaving it to the last minute to try and bully parliament rather than presenting another option.

She wants the chaos

Her plan hasn't changed since September this is by design leaving it to the last minute to try and bully parliament rather than presenting another option.

So you believe that the rest of Parliament have worked for the better cause?

I don't think so. The EU have drawn their own red lines around the extension and they are ones the UK will not meet. It is hits Sunday, operation yellowhammer (where did they get this name) is enacted.

They're bluffing in my opinion, and their remainer comrades in parliament know this too which will help to ensure the defeat of May's deal on MV3. The gamble both groups might be taking though is that May won't follow through on no deal, and who really knows on that? This is all just personal feeling/intuition of course, who knows how it's all going to play out.

Government are driving this, she is not negotiating so I don't know what parliament can do. What do you think they can do given May's stance?

The question was "So you believe that the rest of Parliament have worked for the better cause?" which you never answered?

Some

Now my question

No point if that is what you thinking, this thread is full of what May should have/should not have done and i see no point in rehashing it all over again. I believe they ( Parliament, MP's) have NOT worked for the " better cause".

We are best agreeing to disagree.

In normal times there would be an electable opposition, forcing the government to put someone better in place or take over themselves.

No point if that is what you thinking, this thread is full of what May should have/should not have done and i see no point in rehashing it all over again. I believe they ( Parliament, MP's) have NOT worked for the " better cause".

We are best agreeing to disagree.
May has the power to do more, given her stance and approach I can't see what those in parliament could do to get a better outcome.

Yes, doesn't shift the blame away from May just spreads a little around.
May's fudging useless and not competent to be an MP, let alone a cabinet minister.

But if there's no opposition, then there's no incentive to be better.

Back