• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Replaced by what?. the LDP? Ha, ha, ha. Of course it wasn't Brexit Wot Done It. it was the fact that these deprived communities, that have been shat on from a great height by the Tories are now putting all their faith in Boris. Boris is their salvation. Yeah, that will last. These northern Tory member are known as 'Oncers.' They will most likely all be swept away at the next vote. This is not unusual. Ten years ago the Canadian Conservative Party that were previously the government were reduced to about half a dozen members. Within ten years they were back in government. Yeah wishful thinking on your part mate.
I think you and a lot of labour supporters/members have a real problem at this time of looking inwards.

Your outward focus has basically left you, sadly, with just the hope of a dose of schadenfreude in the coming months. So so little.

I couldn't vote for Boris or against him, I don't live in his constituency.

Hmm. A page back you assert that looking out for gay rights should be "the norm" and "any less is unacceptable". Yet you voted to put an individual into power who calls gay en "bummer boys".

Our Prime Minister also wrote:

"Labour's appalling agenda, encouraging the teaching of homosexuality in schools, and all the rest of it."

In his 2001 book "Friends, Voters, Countrymen," Johnson compared gay marriage to bestiality, writing that "If gay marriage was OK – and I was uncertain on the issue – then I saw no reason in principle why a union should not be consecrated between three men, as well as two men, or indeed three men and a dog."

No more to say on this.

They're required to show no bias - they've both broken their own mandate.

At the very least they need a clear out at the top
BBC we're accused of bias by both sides. Shutting down news outlets if you don't like their news is despot territory. It's a slippery slope. Boris was rightly called out for dodging the Neil BBC interview. It just shows his complete cowardice.

Last edited:
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/6-new-tory-mps-whove-21109497

Front page on The Mirror site, right below the main story:

6 new Tory MPs who've already been in the news for all the wrong reasons
More than 100 fresh-faced new Tories are among those coming to Parliament for the first time thanks to Boris Johnson's resounding victory - some of them have some skeletons in their closet

How biased is that!?

(Well "Very" is the answer, has been all along - but its pro Labour so doesnt count....)

EDIT:
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/

Seriously, have a look.

BBC we're accused of bias by both sides. Shutting down news outlets if you don't like their news is despot territory. It's a slippery slope. Boris was rightly called out for dodging the Neil BBC interview. It just shows his complete cowardice.
I don't think the Conservatives are trying to shut anyone down. All the discussion I've seen has been about whether or not the BBC and Channel 4 should be (part) funded by the taxpayer. I certainly don't think either should.

Hmm. A page back you assert that looking out for gay rights should be "the norm" and "any less is unacceptable". Yet you voted to put an individual into power who calls gay en "bummer boys".

Our Prime Minister also wrote:

"Labour's appalling agenda, encouraging the teaching of homosexuality in schools, and all the rest of it."

In his 2001 book "Friends, Voters, Countrymen," Johnson compared gay marriage to bestiality, writing that "If gay marriage was OK – and I was uncertain on the issue – then I saw no reason in principle why a union should not be consecrated between three men, as well as two men, or indeed three men and a dog."

No more to say on this.
Fortunately I don't live in a totalitarian dictatorship. It doesn't matter if Boris wants to restrict gay rights (he doesn't), there's no way he'd get that through parliament. So I didn't vote for Boris, and I can safely vote for a party that will protect gay rights.

So let's leave all this flimflam false equivalence on which you're trying to wriggle out and call it for what it is. The Russian attitude to gay rights is disgusting.

I don't believe it was 'mainly brexit'. Brexit was a big part of it, Corbyn and his policies were also a big part. I'd say they were problems of roughly equal size.

I think many hardcore Labour supporters are playing down the 'Corbyn' issue because of the 2017 result, when he benefitted from a complacent tory party and an equally complacent public, among whom there was a widespread desire to give May a kick up the arse on her way to a majority. That was always my reading of the 2017 election - I seem to remember calling 'peak Corbyn' on here a few days after it only to be shouted down by the pro-Labour hordes, all rooster-a-hoop that they'd only lost by 60-odd seats, and full of how Jezza'd win next time...:D

Oh, and I think you win understatement of the decade for saying Corbyn had 'some credibility issues'...

Yeah, cause proper funding of the NHS, schools, introducing reforms to social care and doing away with universal credit are so controversial. He's a bloody communist I tell you.

Fortunately I don't live in a totalitarian dictatorship. It doesn't matter if Boris wants to restrict gay rights (he doesn't), there's no way he'd get that through parliament. So I didn't vote for Boris, and I can safely vote for a party that will protect gay rights.

So let's leave all this flimflam false equivalence on which you're trying to wriggle out and call it for what it is. The Russian attitude to gay rights is disgusting.

Don;t you get it? There is always an acceptable excuse for the behaviour of a Tory. For the Labour Party...none!

What about Johnson's overt racism? An avowed 'family values' Tory. How many illegitimate kids does he have? But... but Corbyn had questions to answer... is unfit for office yadda, yadda. We know the rest.

Back