• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Boris would be Tarkin, Rees Mogg is Vader, Farage (the next leader of the tory party) is Palpatine.

<In which I cheapen Star Wars by using it as a comparison with Westminster>
Woah horsey. Boris is Leah subjugated by the evil empire. Um...lets start again. Boris is fat Skywalker the gallant hero coming to save the rebellion from Tarkin (Corbyn). Mogg is C3PO. Farage is a Jawa or maybe Jabba.

Woah horsey. Boris is Leah subjugated by the evil empire. Um...lets start again. Boris is fat Skywalker the gallant hero coming to save the rebellion from Tarkin (Corbyn). Mogg is C3PO. Farage is a Jawa or maybe Jabba.

I like that you are running with this, but Remain is the Rebel Alliance, I'm Jar-Jar.

Tim Barrow is Greedo.

C3PO, probably May.

I like that you are running with this, but Remain is the Rebel Alliance, I'm Jar-Jar.

Tim Barrow is Greedo.

C3PO, probably May.
I know remain are the goodies but in GBs opposite world the EU are the evil empire. I agree you are Jar-Jar in any scenario though.

Last edited:
I too, am a fan of Lord of the Rings

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

poster,840x830,f8f8f8-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u4.jpg

I don't hate anyone for what they are, but I do hate the way some people behave, racially motivated hate crime has doubled in this country since the referendum.

I'm for small government for local things too, but I'm also for big government for big things, we need a driver for environmental protection and humanitarian action, the EU is good at that.

I have no more say in who leads the Tory party than I do in who is EU President. I voted for Swinson to lead the LD's, but I can't make her PM on my own.
Has racially motivated hate crime increased or has the reporting of it?

As you know I have a terminal illness but one I might be able to live with for 20 years. I would like to see the government extend the rights of people with illnesses to try any new drugs however experimental. I am going to China in January for mine.

We are missing a trick in this country not opening up these trials here especially with our booming med tech industry.

Even before I got sick I was always very pro disabled rights, religion rights are the one area where I lack as I wouĺd ban them all.

No, I didn't know about your illness!
I've been disabled from birth and have lost many of my school friends to illness over the years! So illness is the the norm for me since I was at primary school, if you get me drift.
I lost my dad to cancer at 47 and my mum to MND 10 or so year ago particular grim way to go, being an only child that was eye-opening. I have been married now for 38 years with two kids and 3 grand kids, I've just had my 67th on the 5th so I'm chuffed on the death front!
Was born 30 years to early to be a disabled person and trying to find work. I could tell you stories about the job applications and interviews that would have you disbelieving me, looking back now some were totally hilarious total discrimination, so the upshot was I started my own business and the rest is history!

I’m with you all the way on religion!

As you know I have a terminal illness but one I might be able to live with for 20 years. I would like to see the government extend the rights of people with illnesses to try any new drugs however experimental. I am going to China in January for mine.

Even before I got sick I was always very pro disabled rights, religion rights are the one area where I lack as I wouĺd ban them all.

I didn't know that and wish you all the best with the treatment.

I am with you on religious rights, religion has pretty much been found to be faith not fact in recent years and the way we look at things like drug treatments should be done so with a scientific mind not one of religious faith thousands of years old.

Nope no no not for me. Make Britain a forward worldly looking nation. A modest quiet calmly efficient polite place.

We should always be welcoming asylum seekers. Interestingly I went to herstmonsaux castle today for a falconary day. When walking around the castle I was reading about the guy who bought it because as a refugee he was put their as a child. Made his millions in later life and bought it and dedicated it as a place for nations to learn together. Cool guy and cool place.

There is a slight problem with this as Britain has been for many years one of the world leaders in forward looking and an open and diverse society. We are one of the most racially and ethnically integrated societies in the world, there are not too many places in the whole world where you can experience such a splash of cultures openness to sexual choices and be aware of peoples religious heritage. We are constantly under this media gaze where incidents are over reported but it far outweighs the reality.

I live in South London and I am sandwiched between 2 churches frequented by the African neighbourhood a Sikh Temple and a mosque, the weekends are a hotbed of colours and sounds and there is never an inch of bother in terms of openness and acceptability, take the London over ground from West Croydon to Shoreditch and beyond at the weekend and listen to the people, see the people, smell the foods and you will see that the UK is one of the most ethnically diverse nations in the world and its even more evident when you look at the numbers and compare it to our size of country.

Brexit does not change that and nor does a few people from predominantly white neighbourhoods who don't leave their house or working men's clubs.

We have always welcome Asylum seekers, our countries fabric is made up on it along with immigrants from all over the globe but there does have to be a balance and the worlds changed to such an extents that the open arm of charity can be held out by many more countries than just the UK, we have a long history of it and our population swell is at the point of over population in many parts, that's not an Asylum problem before anyone jumps at me that's just a fact of how the UK has evolved but there options for Asylum is not just UK or bust, many asylum seekers come from countries that neighbour buoyant countries with vibrant GDPs who have a zero Asylum policy yet the UK gets this shaming when we have to put a number on what we can do.

And thats our biggest crime, probably our only crime, we put a number on it, the shame of Asylum lays firmly on the world more than the UK in my opinion, as a nation we do alot to fight with them.

Back