• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

So the important political question of the day. Would anyone rate Swinson as more than a 5/10? I'm not really sure on her, there are times when she's got her mouth shut that I double-take.

Just out of interest from last GHod knows long, who does anyone class as a good PM?

I'm struggling hugely on that question

Just out of interest from last GHod knows long, who does anyone class as a good PM?

There are no good retrospective PMs because their time in office is clouded by politics.

But what's different with Johnson is how much opposition there is to him bed he has even officially been elected leader of the governing party.

Brown and May were both seen as a bit "meh", but let's give them a go, see what they can do.
Johnson is already being labelled a terrible PM before we even office know he is going to be PM.

Thatcher.

Although even she could have taken a few lessons from Blair and Cameron. Allowing a perfectly sensible community charge to become branded by the troglodytes across the Commons as a poll tax was political suicide.

Last edited:
It's a very British tradition of demolishing anyone as soon as they hit a pinnacle - so basically all top political careers end in failure.

But you could make a case for Churchill and Thatcher on foreign policy, and Atlee and Lloyd-George on domestic reforms. Wilson (first term) and Mayor lucked out by coinciding with periods of plenty and social vibrancy.

Last edited:
Hunt would have been a fudge up, boris is just beyond imagination.
Let's hope there's someone out there to save us.
Hunt has shown, through Iran, that he doesn't have the spine to lead. Can't believe I'm saying this about anyone, but I think he'd have been a worse choice than Johnson.

Back