• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Points for Cup Final Tickets

Rustyspurs

John Piercy
Eternal optimist here.
Is there a membership points total to guarantee cup final tickets?
Does being signed up to the cup scheme help in any way?

Eternal optimist here.

The cup scheme helps only in so far as it adds an extra 10 points to the 30 you get automatically for renewing your ST at the start of the season. So it helps edge you higher in the points table, but isn't linked to any guarantee of a cup final ticket.
Say the allocation for the final is 25k (it's more than that now but allowing for player + staff tickets, and Premium ST holders who have their own allocation), then on the current points table you'd probably need ~170-180 points.

Eternal optimist here.
Have you tried online dating? 'Spurs Member seeks loyal Season Ticket Holder for everlasting love, friendship, cosy nights in, holidays outside of the Premier League season, and guaranteed cup final tickets'.

I remember back in the day when we got to the league cup finals in 2008 and 2009 you could get a ticket as a member - think it was only around 150-200 points at the time. Zero chance of that now which is fair enough - I imagine all the corporate season tickets will take up a fair amount of the allocation now.

I remember back in the day when we got to the league cup finals in 2008 and 2009 you could get a ticket as a member - think it was only around 150-200 points at the time. Zero chance of that now which is fair enough - I imagine all the corporate season tickets will take up a fair amount of the allocation now.

Ahh the good old days.

Missed the cut off for Chelsea by 2pts...gutted, but got tickets for United the year after when we lost on pens....gutted

Ahh the good old days.

Missed the cut off for Chelsea by 2pts...gutted, but got tickets for United the year after when we lost on pens....gutted

That all sounds a bit sexy. I used to do a few league aways then as well, remember after the Chelsea final we had Birmingham away the next week and lost 4-1. Jenas with the consolation goal in injury time. Unless I get lucky I'll probably never do an away league game again now but at least I'll have the memories.

Is there any reason why i have been to about 5 or 6 games this season and have a -8 points score?

That all sounds a bit sexy. I used to do a few league aways then as well, remember after the Chelsea final we had Birmingham away the next week and lost 4-1. Jenas with the consolation goal in injury time. Unless I get lucky I'll probably never do an away league game again now but at least I'll have the memories.

Same here. Even as a just Bronze member around 2008-2012 we were able to get tickets for around 8-12 away games a season. Sunderland, WBA, Stoke, Villa and Everton were regular visits.
Haven't been able to get a ticket for an away day since Middleborough in September 2017 when Sonny got 2.

and like you, I doubt (unless we dramatically fall from grace) we will get to go away again, unless we get a ticket amongst the homeys...

Is there any reason why i have been to about 5 or 6 games this season and have a -8 points score?

Points are taken off if you don’t spend at least £100 in the club shop and/or stadium food and drink outlets on each visit. This includes stadium tours, Skywalks and go-karting.

Last away game I’ve got tickets for was Wolves last season when we won 1-0, and I’m pretty sure that only happened because the TO fudged up the LPs in the run up. Applied for a fair few since with no luck.

Been a ST holder since 2003, done a few away games minimum every season give or take the odd season with maybe just 1 like last season.

Best chances now are going to be Saudi Sportswashing Machine Away mid-week or similar I imagine. Shame but that’s the way it is I guess.

Eternal optimist here.
This isn't something you need to worry about for the foreseeable future, as we obviously don't prioritise playing in stupid finals.

Back