• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Player Ratings vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Huddy

Ruel Fox
Lloris 8
Naughton 6
Vertonghen 7
Kaboul 7
Walker 7
Capoue 7
Lennon 6
Bentaleb 8 MOTM
Dembele 7
Paulinho 7
Ade 8

Townsend 6
Chadli 7
Soldado 6

Great result.

Lloris 8
Naughton 6
Vertonghen 6
Kaboul 7
Walker 6
Capoue 7
Lennon 6
Bentaleb 8
Dembele 7
Paulinho 7
Ade 8

Townsend 6
Chadli 7

Lloris - 8

Walker - 6
Vertonghen - 7
Kaboul - 7
Naughton - 6

Lennon - 6
Capoue - 7
Bentaleb - 8
Paulinho - 7.5
Dembele - 7

Adebayor - 8 (man of the match)

--

Townsend - 5
Chadli - 7
Soldado - N/A

No gripe with these scores....

Lloris - head and shoulders MOM! How often do you say that for a keeper in a team winning 4-0?

Kaboul - MASSIVE, simply MASSIVE. He made the difference. Allowed up to keep a high line, press the barcodes in their own half; best defender on a 1 on 1.

Bentaleb - where are his critics now? Isd this kid really 19? Outstanding; runs all day but what I love is the way the ball sticks to his feet and his awareness of teammates; allows him to play the first time pass

Ade - two goals, an assist and several defensive clearances. Can't ask for more

Lloris ------ 8 ----- Made two great saves but also had one mad moment. But I am being picky. Very Reliable tonight and that saved he made from the point blank header was amazing.
Naughton -- 6------Nothing too bad but passed one across the box that nearly cost us a goal and was a bit weak on occasions.
Vertonghen--6------Not back to his best yet. He looks a little leggy and his passing is not as crisp. Was ok.
Kaboul-------8------Nice to see him back and he played very well, blocking shots, winning the ball in the air and out muscling their players. Was nice to see the old Kaboom.
Benteleb-----8------Full of running, two assists and kept going until the end. He was a joy to watch tonight.
Capoue------7------Had some nice tackles and broke up play on occasion. Still not convinced by him but he did well tonight.
Lennon------6-------Some good defensive work. Had a shot off the post and that was it really. I want more from him. I think he has the ability but not the ethic.
Dembele-----7------Kept possesion very well at times and had a nice run. Off injured again. Hope its nothing too bad. I like the qualities he brings to the team.
Paulinhio-----6------Another pretty average game from him. But he gets another goal. He does some to have that knack especially on the road. He follows up when others stand still. A couple of nice passes and runs. But needs to work harder.
Adebayor-----7-----Not one of his best games. But 2 goals is always good for a striker. He is the man of the moment for us.

Subs:
Townsend----6-----One shot bounced out to Ade to score. Could have got us a 5th, he beat the keeper but his the defender. If he had squared it we would have scored. That is a microcosym of his game at the moment. He needs to be more aware.
Chadli-------6------Sweet goal and i liked it. But couple of times he was out wide and I still hoped he could get it in the box and he laid it off. I want more from him as well. Show me you can beat a man and put in a dangerous ball.
Soldado------5-----No time to really do anything. Shame he could not get a goal to get him on a run.

TS:
Not sure why he dropped Eriksen really, but i liked that he pushed us on early to get over that slump early in games we seem to suffer. He is still searching i feel for the right blend and formation but he seems to be learning all the time from the players and what they will take on to the pitch. Pleased to see him work on that and also the space we normally give away between the lines.

8- Lloris , Bentaleb , Adebayor
7- Kaboul , Capoue , Chadli , Dembele , Paulinho
6.5- Walker , Super Jan
6 - Lennon , Townsend , Naughton
N/A Soldado

Lloris 8.5
Naughton 6.5
Vertonghen 7
Kaboul 7.5
Walker 6.5
Capoue 7
Lennon 6
Bentaleb 9
Dembele 7
Paulinho 7.5
Ade 9

Townsend 6
Chadli 7

Agree with most of these, except I though Lennon was better than a 6 today... Very dangerous off the left in the first half and pressed really effectively when we didn't have the ball too

Lloris 9 - several brilliant saves, in this sort of mood nothing, but nothing gets past him
Walker 7 - if only he could cross a ball
Kaboul 8 - immense! what right did we have to a performance like this from his first start in decades
Vertonghen 7 - signs that he's coming back to form
Naughton 6 - one brainfart away from a decent performance
Capoue 7 - that's more like it! best we've seen from him in quite a while
Lennon 7 - big improvement on Everton game
Dembele 7 - the word beast comes to mind, looked so much better higher up the pitch
Bentaleb 8 - with a performance like that how is it possible he's only 19?
Paulinho 7 - see Lennon, plus a fine goal
Adebayor 8 - my my, when he's enjoying his football how much brighter the sun shines on the whole of Tottenham!

Subs

Townsend 7 - looked way off the pace initially but you just cannot argue with three fierce shots on target in 30 short minutes away from home
Chadli 7 - what a strike!
Soldado n/a

Sherwood 10 - whatever it is he's been doing with this squad it ain't half working. GB, where are you?

Lloris 9 - Was the key to winning this match so comfortably really. He had no right to save a couple of those efforts by Saudi Sportswashing Machine.
Walker 8 - Another good performance and put in a few decent crosses for a change (and a few bad ones too)
Kaboul 8 - Please oh flying spaghetti monster let this man stay fit for the rest of the season.
Vertonghen 7 - More superman than Kent in this match thankfully
Naughton 7 - Solid if unspectacular performance which is all right by me.
Capoue 8 - This guy was absolutely key to our good performance. Was involved heavily for the full 90.
Lennon 7 - Better but he has more in the locker.
Dembele 8 - I didn't think playing out there would work but I was wrong. When he left the pitch we lost our grip on midfield for 20 min spell.
Bentaleb 9 - Capoue playing released this guy further up the pitch and it looks to me he has found his spot. MOM for me. Superstar in the making. **** off Madrid.
Paulinho 8 - +1 for the goal to top off a fine performance. Control is still a bit loose.
Adebayor 8 - Well done big man.

Subs

Townsend 6 - Disappointed again with his defensive contribution but did have a few decent shots.
Chadli 7 - Peach of a goal and nearly made another for Townsend.
Soldado 6 - Not fair to judge him really.

I like that Tim is using his full squad and integrating some of our new buys into the first team. Capoue was great today and a confidence building cameo from Chadli will do him no harm. These guys are all international players but even good players will take time to settle. In some ways I think the first half of the season under AVB has to be forgotten in terms of integrating the new guys. None of them really settled fully in truth, but I think all will show their worth before the end of this season and next.

Not seen the full match yet, just the highlights, so no ratings from me for now.

However, this bloke from the north-east seems very impressed with the boys' performance.

Here are a few snippets from the report:

Tottenham midfielder Nabil Bentaleb is a giant of a man with an angel’s touch. Saudi Sportswashing Machine never got to grips with him.

Lennon was a constant thorn

The impressive Paulinho followed in to mop up and make it 2-0.

Cisse, whose first-time effort from a few yards out was improbably kept out by Hugo Lloris.

He was less impressed with Saudi Sportswashing Machine's application. As somone said on MotD, they look as if they have had their end of season party already.

He was less impressed with Saudi Sportswashing Machine's application. As somone said on MotD, they look as if they have had their end of season party already.

Remy was a big loss, but you can see how important Cabaye has been this season, they look clueless without him.

Krul 0
Santon 0
Williamson 2
Taylor 0
Debuchy 1
Sissoko 0
Anita 1
Sammy 2
Gouffran 2
Cisse 1
De Jong 1

I think you've been a bit generous with Santon. He seemed to be playing for us.

The Spanish commentary team on my river had a long segment where they mentioned the words 'David Santon' and 'Paulo Maldini' a lot. Not sure why though.

"Saudi Sportswashing Machine would be better off with a 45 year old retired Maldini at left back tonight"

?

"Saudi Sportswashing Machine would be better off with a 45 year old retired Maldini at left back tonight"

?

he's Maldini, even now at 45, every club would be better off with him in the side, time works differently for players of that class

My English stream said he was compared to Maldini when they bought him, but a couple days ago Pardew said he's the next Phil Neville!

Back