• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Player of the Season 13/14

Who's your player of the season?

• Lloris

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Walker

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Dawson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vertonghen

• Dembele

• Paulinho

• Lennon

• Eriksen

Votes: 26 48.1%
  • Soldado

• Adebayor

Votes: 11 20.4%

• Total voters

markysimmo

Johnny nice-tits
Soon to be time to vote for the player of the season and young player awards

Not exactly many stand out candidates this season

Ade, Eriksen for the main award, Eriksen for the young player ????

Eriksen gets it for me.
Young player I guess goes to Bentaleb as he's shown some good progress for 19 year old

Lloris anyone? Not been anywhere near as good as last season though. Eriksen is the winner of this one for me, as Ade missed too many games.

Does Eriksen count for young player too as he's over 21? If not, Bentaleb.

tbf Walker's been decent
No he hasn't. He is a liability. If it wasn't for the absolute dog**** that has gone before him, I'd put him up there with the worst rightbacks we have ever had. He is second only to Dawson for giving needless fouls away in dangerous areas, can't cross and relies on his pace to get himself out of self induced trouble.

While I'm at it, and apologies for taking the thread off topic, why is it that our fullbacks (specifically Naughton and Rose) insist on playing nonsense percentage balls into the channels, with little hope of anyone receiving them even when there there is often an option to feet inside them. It's cowardly, antiquated and shows a complete unwillingness to take some responsiblity. Look at all of the top teams. None of them play in this way.

While I'm at it, and apologies for taking the thread off topic, why is it that our fullbacks (specifically Naughton and Rose) insist on playing nonsense percentage balls into the channels, with little hope of anyone receiving them even when there there is often an option to feet inside them. It's cowardly, antiquated and shows a complete unwillingness to take some responsiblity. Look at all of the top teams. None of them play in this way.

It's because Rose and Naughton are really bad full backs, or football players. We 100% need to buy a right back and a left back this summer. Although I used to feel the same way towards Walker earlier on, he has played well this season bar a few games and we do actually miss him at right back I am afraid to tell you.

It's because Rose and Naughton are really bad full backs, or football players. We 100% need to buy a right back and a left back this summer. Although I used to feel the same way towards Walker earlier on, he has played well this season bar a few games and we do actually miss him at right back I am afraid to tell you.

That says more about Naughton than it does Walker.

Candidates -> Lloris, Ade, Eriksen

To me Eriksen gets it because to some extent Lloris/Ade are just playing at the level they have before. Eriksen is settling in to a poor situation and still proving to be our key player.

No he hasn't. He is a liability. If it wasn't for the absolute dog**** that has gone before him, I'd put him up there with the worst rightbacks we have ever had. He is second only to Dawson for giving needless fouls away in dangerous areas, can't cross and relies on his pace to get himself out of self induced trouble.

I've criticised him a lot before but he's been better this year by far. He's far from perfect, but he was one of our better performers earlier this season

Player of Season: Adebayor
Runner-up: Eriksen

Young Player of Season: Bentaleb

I think people are somewhat forgetting that Eriksen's really excellent form has only really been in the last 6 or 7 games. He was hugely overrated for his performances early season after that single great assist at WHL. But his overall game wasn't there as it is now. For sure as time went on he got better, but was still too often in and out of the team, playing out of position and/or still finding his feet. Finally, since Christmas, he's really excelled and been terrific. But it hasn't been all season.

Yes, Adebayor only played half a season, but it's basically been a masterclass from him every time he's played since. I also think "Player of the Season" should recognise good mental application/resilience/bravery, which Ade showed during his exile and since coming back.

I'd give young player to Bentaleb, although I'm not sure if Eriksen qualifies? If so, tight between those two. Again, "Player of the Year" is as much about overall professional excellence including impressing mentality-wise, and the way Bentaleb as a junior has stepped up is an amazing achievement for him.

Back