• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Plane Crash in the Alps

Sandman

Dean Austin
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-32063587

So after days of all the news it finally comes down to the fact the co-pilot locked the Pilot out of the cabin and started the descent that took the plane into the mountain.

To be honest when I first heard about this it had to be a terrorist act. There is hardly a situation where a plane could make a smooth descent and crash other than total control lockout or a software malfunction. So it had to be down to the pilot.

What is more galling about this all is that the Co-pilot passed his training and had been flying for over a year as a co-pilot. So was he just waiting for his chance? or was he waiting for orders? or did he become radicalised recently.

Its a very sad loss of life and shows that if someone has it in their heart to hurt people there is always a way to do it. I fear for the day that we get dropping Drone bombs. with RC units with remote cameras to see and them being strong enough to hold explosives.

Last edited:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-32063587

So after days of all the news it finally comes down to the fact the co-pilot locked the Pilot out of the cabin and started the descent that took the plane into the mountain.

To be honest when I first heard about this it had to be a terrorist act. There is hardly a situation where a plane could make a smooth descent and crash other than total control lockout or a software malfunction. So it had to be down to the pilot.

What is more galling about this all is that the Co-pilot passed his training and had been flying for over a year as a co-pilot. So was he just waiting for his chance? or was he waiting for orders? or did he become radicalised recently.

Its a very sad loss of life and shows that if someone has it in their heart to hurt people there is always a way to do it. I fear for the day that we get dropping Drone bombs. with RC units with remote cameras to see and them being strong enough to hold explosives.

Not necessarily, could also be mental illness for example.

Sad situation, until we have confirmation of links to terrorism there is a possibility it was something else I guess, a massive depressive episode at the wrong time perhaps, i'm sure the truth will come out at some point.

Not necessarily, could also be mental illness for example.

seems you must be right. The co-pilot has been named. And all said he was your standard guy. Seems even more shocking that someone no matter the level of depression would decided to take a whole plane of innocent people with him. But the facts are all adding up to suggest this is what happened. Makes it even worse somehow.

seems you must be right. The co-pilot has been named. And all said he was your standard guy. Seems even more shocking that someone no matter the level of depression would decided to take a whole plane of innocent people with him. But the facts are all adding up to suggest this is what happened. Makes it even worse somehow.

Don't know about me being right... It's just too early to know is what I'm trying say. Standard guy thing could have been an act, could have been a cover. If he was a bit of a weirdo it's not like his family or friends will be jumping over themselves saying so to the media at this point...

If it was a mental health issue depression and murder-suicide is just one potential option. Might be some form of mania or psychosis for example. Hurting strangers as part of a suicide is very rare from what I know. Hurting strangers as part of some psychotic episode seems on the surface more likely. But at the same time it's probably less likely that something like that would go unnoticed whereas a depression is easier to hide I think. But that's all just speculation at this point, which was kind of my point.

It is like those cnuts who jump in front of trains, I swear someone does it every time I come back from London so at least 15 people jump in front of a train on the southern route between Victoria and the south coast. Wonder how many people do it a year.

Guess odds are some taco pilot would end up wanting to do it. Seems overly selfish to me to take people with you.

If the time comes when I want to end it all I will go to Hamburg rent a room in a hotel down by the docks, buy a big fcuk off bag of cocaine and get some one legged midget wh*res and fcuk the life out of them and myself.

Was treated for depression, and evidence of mental health problems found at his flat.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-32081681

I hope, perhaps naively, that the media focus and result of this is that more people suffering from depression and suicidal thoughts seek help.

WHO made a video some years back attempting to illustrate depression, quite powerful I think.

What an utterly selfish act. He could have killed himself at home, in the bath with a toaster. Crash a plan with a load of innocent people on board, what a vile piece of sh1t.

I have a cousin who killed himself and I felt for him, that someone could get so low as to do that. But he didn't take out a load of other people with him, because why on earth would anybody do that?

Exactly. It's one thing to be depressed, suicide is a horrible scourge.

But this guy was a psychopath and is a mass murderer on a monumental scale. I feel not one shred of sympathy for him. Horrible sick fudge should have shot himself and spared the world his evil.

Interesting article reported earlier this week saying that friends of the co-pilot are saying he is being 'framed' by the airline: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-blur-former-home-stop-people-looking-up.html
Yeah the part about being framed sounds particularly unlikely. Maybe the kind of speculation from friends and family unable to come to terms with what he has done.

The scale of the cover up would have to be immense. Supposedly other pilots plus traffic controllers were trying to contact the plane. Were they all paid off too, plus were records of their communications also faked? If someone tampered with the black box I am sure this could be easily identified by technical experts unless the prosecution is also in on the conspiracy?

Yeah the part about being framed sounds particularly unlikely. Maybe the kind of speculation from friends and family unable to come to terms with what he has done.

The scale of the cover up would have to be immense. Supposedly other pilots plus traffic controllers were trying to contact the plane. Were they all paid off too, plus were records of their communications also faked? If someone tampered with the black box I am sure this could be easily identified by technical experts unless the prosecution is also in on the conspiracy?

First off, just for clarity, I don't see even see even that any of his family believes in these conspiracy theories.

Not even sure about friends. No one named as far as I can tell, no one with a disclosed relationship. The article uses "friends" and "supporters" seemingly interchangeably, but supporters is certainly a better description for the vast majority of those liking that facebook page or spreading these kinds of ideas.

Seems just like standard conspiracy mongering you get after tragedies like these. A reasonable explanation, although speculative, is that it's more comforting to believe in a world of control through corporations and governments than to believe the world is chaotic enough for a single individual to have this kind of power over other people.

As per usual the conspiracy theories seem completely outlandish to me. Airlines somewhat regularly manage the difficult situation that is a crash, certainly when owned/backed by a company as big as Lufhansa. No company would survive faking accusations like these if it became known, and the chance of keeping a secret on this kind of scale is fairly small. The risk/reward doesn't add up at all, meaning that there's no motivation.

having only one person in the roosterpit was always an accident waiting to happen, and lufthansa could be finished with the lawsuits it'll have to pay out.

having only one person in the roosterpit was always an accident waiting to happen, and lufthansa could be finished with the lawsuits it'll have to pay out.

What are you basing this on?

As far as I've seen Lufthansa have followed all procedures. How can they be liable over and beyond what other airlines have survived in the past?

I expext that's a common occurrence

Yeah. Procedures were in place in case of medical emergencies from what I understand. The roosterpit door would open automatically after a couple of minutes if no action was taken in the roosterpit, the pilot had to re-engage the door lock. It's pretty typical that procedures are changed as a result of accidents like these, but I don't think airlines can be held accountable for not guarding themselves against all eventualities ahead of time.

2 pilot crew on the majority of flights i'd guess, many lasting 2/3 hours +, they are going to need to stretch their legs and visit the loo

there is no full proof system when you have a trusted person

2 pilot crew on the majority of flights i'd guess, many lasting 2/3 hours +, they are going to need to stretch their legs and visit the loo

there is no full proof system when you have a trusted person
They're talking about a member of cabin crew sitting in whilst one of the pilots leaves the roosterpit.

If I know cabin crew and pilots then there's going to be a massive increase in bl0wjob-based accidents in the near future.

They're talking about a member of cabin crew sitting in whilst one of the pilots leaves the roosterpit.

If I know cabin crew and pilots then there's going to be a massive increase in bl0wjob-based accidents in the near future.

Would make some sense I suppose. A smaller (particularly if female) member of the cabin crew probably wouldn't have been able to physically stop a determined and physically strong pilot from doing something like this. But in some cases it could make a difference and sitting still and quiet while crashing a plane would be different from physically manhandling another person psychologically too.

Relatively low cost solution too, and other than the easily prevented by autopilot blowjob risk there probably aren't a ton of risks. Other than rogue members of the cabin crew gaining access to the cabin with only one pilot in it... Can't eliminate all the risk, and I'm not sure either way what makes more sense here. Buttons on both sides of the roosterpit that have to be pressed simultaneously to lock the roosterpit door could potentially work, but I'm sure there are risks involved with that too.

What would make more sense to me would be the option for remotely taking control of the plane in case of an emergency. Override kind of thing. Could potentially not only be a solution for situations like these, but also for hijackings, illness etc. But risks involved with that too, and the public probably aren't quite ready for that option yet.

Back