• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

If this season has shown us anything, injuries suspensions happen

We are not prepared for them with 38 league games and a handful of cup games, imagine if we had European games as well.

9-11 out for months on end is not normal or something you can plan for.

The squad has massively changed, with a few more still to go (Dier, PEH, Lloris, Sess, Reguilon, GLC), unfortunately either you have players hang around too long (something we were guilty of in the past) or you gamble a little on some gaps. Didn't work out for us this time

If Pierre could pass even just a little bit better, we'd have a hell of a player. The amount of times he won the ball coming out of their box, especially towards the end was incredible.

He gets a lot of stick, some of it justified. But I do enjoy him when he controls his game like he did in the second half today.

If Pierre could pass even just a little bit better, we'd have a hell of a player. The amount of times he won the ball coming out of their box, especially towards the end was incredible.

He gets a lot of stick, some of it justified. But I do enjoy him when he controls his game like he did in the second half today.
I'm probably his biggest critic but I can't complain about his last two games

If this season has shown us anything, injuries suspensions happen

We are not prepared for them with 38 league games and a handful of cup games, imagine if we had European games as well.
The squad this season was planned around no European football. The number of senior players was about spot on, with the exception of CB, we are clearly 1 or 2 light there.

What you can’t plan for is a generational injury crisis. I’ve never known this in my lifetime. Throw in a lack of discipline and it’s a perfect storm.

Can we upgrade on the players we entered the season with? Ofcourse! But the number of players weren’t that bad (exc CB).

The squad this season was planned around no European football. The number of senior players was about spot on, with the exception of CB, we are clearly 1 or 2 light there.

What you can’t plan for is a generational injury crisis. I’ve never known this in my lifetime. Throw in a lack of discipline and it’s a perfect storm.

Can we upgrade on the players we entered the season with? Ofcourse! But the number of players weren’t that bad (exc CB).

Is it generational? Seems to be a quarter of the PL in the same boat.

We also used to be beset with this number of injuries in the Jol and especially Harry Redknapp eras. I think the relatively injury free early Poch era has wiped everyone's memories of how injury ravaged our squads always used to be.

Not sure how old you are, but have you ever seen us have this many injuries?

Not even close to this for me but happy to be proved wrong.

Re the rest of the Prem, I heard that it was a fact there were more injuries this season, but that we were the most affected also (and Saudi Sportswashing Machine).

Number of players isnt the issue. The number of competent players is a different question and has a very different answer. We knew we were low on defenders in general; LB & CBs, along with the striker position, the attacking midfield role as well as the RWF role. These are all areas that will see additional players brought in to fill over the next 2 or 3 windows.

We also used to be beset with this number of injuries in the Jol and especially Harry Redknapp eras. I think the relatively injury free early Poch era has wiped everyone's memories of how injury ravaged our squads always used to be.
Nonsense! Who did we have consistently injured at the same time under Jol and Redknapp?

We were talking about 3 or 4 players at the same time then, not like 8 players unavailable for most of the season.

Number of players isnt the issue. The number of competent players is a different question and has a very different answer. We knew we were low on defenders in general; LB & CBs, along with the striker position, the attacking midfield role as well as the RWF role. These are all areas that will see additional players brought in to fill over the next 2 or 3 windows.
You thought we’d fix that in one window? I didn’t but maybe I’m too much of a realist?

Not sure how old you are, but have you ever seen us have this many injuries?

Not even close to this for me but happy to be proved wrong.

Re the rest of the Prem, I heard that it was a fact there were more injuries this season, but that we were the most affected also (and Saudi Sportswashing Machine).

Pretty old.

Yes.

I remember going to OT with Fenn and Allen up front.

Brighton had as many missing as us tonight.

Nonsense! Who did we have consistently injured at the same time under Jol and Redknapp?

We were talking about 3 or 4 players at the same time then, not like 8 players unavailable for most of the season.
Just off the top of my head in 2008 there was one period where we had Jenas, Woodgate, King, Corluka, Bale and Hutton out at the same time. We were injury ravaged that season, I can't remember all of the specific time based I juries but I remember Arsenal fans used to always cry about injuries and we had even more but it was never reported on. Same season at one point we had 11 injured at the same time.

Back