• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

performance anxiety

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
Not what your thinking.

Does anyone have any techniques for getting rid of anxiety before something that is important to them. Im thinking anything along the lines of sports psychology(had to google how to spell that) as im in a sports event this sunday and i want to perform better then i did last time.

Thanks in advance for your serious replies only, ben.

If you weren't an Australian designer living in Canada you would know crazy Ben Lambert of Chichester, he is an English icon.

Similar to David Beckham but with a heavier wife.

Benjamin, you aren't in a sports event, it's just a cycle race. Just pedal harder, more, faster, for longer.

Pretend that your wife is ahead of you in the back of a pickup, taunting you about your small cucumber, and you will cycle harder to catch her up.

Do a search on NLP.

Basically you create a trigger (like touching your thumb and index finger together) once you have completely relaxed and visualised a moment in life you were most happy/content/confident (whatever the trigger needs to relate to). Then your mind creates a neural pathway link between the trigger action and the feeling.

Then when in the situation you need the feeling you linked to the action, you touch your fingers together... hey presto...

Last edited:
Self talk (talking to yourself to gee yourself up etc), listening to relaxing music, thinking of past successes

Google 'coping strategies for performance' or something like that

Or masturbation

Your name is Ben? Never knew that.

its ben dover

BEN-DOVER.jpg

Just remember that in the grand scheme of things nothing really matters. In just a 100+ or so years everyone you have ever met and pretty much everyone on the planet at the moment will be dead. Why worry? Try and find some positives in what you are doing and enjoy those rather than worry about the negative.

I wish I could take my own advice.

Music is good. Music which fires you up is always good, listen to it right up until the moment before you start.

But one of the things I do, is embrace the fact that I am middle-aged and still playing footy with kids half my age and holding my own, plus it's the one place I can be in the moment. So live there during the event (what is the event BTW?)

But most importantly, remember that simply by being there you're doing better than ever because you're older now and the fact you still want to do whatever it is, versus slope off down the boozer, is a massive victory.

Not what your thinking.

Does anyone have any techniques for getting rid of anxiety before something that is important to them. Im thinking anything along the lines of sports psychology(had to google how to spell that) as im in a sports event this sunday and i want to perform better then i did last time.

Thanks in advance for your serious replies only, ben.

I heard this while I was driving to work one morning about 18 months ago, I found it pretty uplifting to the point where I even downloaded the podcast of Chris Evans show and then pinched this excerpt and turned it into my own little mini inspirational video. I still listen to it when I need a lift, I hope it lifts you the way it lifts me.

[video=youtube;bllFaGJIxgk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=bllFaGJIxgk&list =UUzCRiEIqndx4Ag6ANIQ_iZg[/video]

Just remember that in the grand scheme of things nothing really matters. In just a 100+ or so years everyone you have ever met and pretty much everyone on the planet at the moment will be dead. Why worry? Try and find some positives in what you are doing and enjoy those rather than worry about the negative.

I find that slightly depressing because its true.

If only...

I think the universe would be a better please if everyone actually listened to themselves.

Just think about some sexy women, a toss with one of them, your time in Tunisia, your locksmith business, how handsome you are.

All positive vibes. Then go destroy them.

Otherwise have a double of whatever spirit you like.

Also sing Hera Krishna ALL the time :-"

Incredibly depressing thought to linger on. Now to grab myself a beer and cheer the hell up...

Back