• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pedro Porro

Trent looked ok as a defender when the midfield was full of workhorses and he literally had the best CB in the world cleaning up behind him.

When you press as high as they did, with the energy levels they did and the threat of the front line, it takes the pressure off the back, as the level of the front line dropped, the pressure on back line increased and they have looked vulnerable for two years. In a vulnerable team, TAA looks suspect as fudge (way more than this season's version of Porro)
When that high press is played through it does leave defenders exposed and he still looked mostly ok when Liverpool were good. I think he's mostly looked worse because they still press high, but do it less effectively. That is a real pain for defenders to deal with.

If he was given the protection of an actual well organised deep defending setup he would probably also look ok defensively.

Porro imo is significantly better defensively imo. Not quite as outstanding on the ball, but still really really good.

Hahaha TBF I thought the same. Porros defending is a massive weakness we can't hide form that, he is phenomenal going the other way which is the trade off.
If his defending was a massive weaknesses the last couple of months both him and we as a team would have looked a lot worse and suffered a lot more.

He has some weaknesses in his defending, but they're not that massive and there's not even that many of them really.

If his defending was a massive weaknesses the last couple of months both him and we as a team would have looked a lot worse and suffered a lot more.

He has some weaknesses in his defending, but they're not that massive and there's not even that many of them really.

OK it's a weakness and it's clear IMO, and that's not to slate the bloke, just on topic with the comments made. His jump under the ball, was it Palace? That was indicative of his defending as was Man U away, been plenty in-between along with plenty of sound defensive performances.

We can't lie to ourselves that we have also rides our luck at times.

I like the lad, I really rate him going forward, he is right up there for me in that depth. But there is a def trade off on his defensive side

OK it's a weakness and it's clear IMO, and that's not to slate the bloke, just on topic with the comments made. His jump under the ball, was it Palace? That was indicative of his defending as was Man U away, been plenty in-between along with plenty of sound defensive performances.

We can't lie to ourselves that we have also rides our luck at times.

I like the lad, I really rate him going forward, he is right up there for me in that depth. But there is a def trade off on his defensive side
He's our version of TAA. He's not quite as good on the ball and delivery wise, but he's conversely slightly more solid defensively.

I think in all honesty most ( majority) of players( everywere] have a weakness in their game, it depends if their strengths outweigh that weekness and are used to their strengths by the managers. Seen a lot of football in my time and there are very few players who are good at everything to do with playing the game.

I think in all honesty most ( majority) of players( everywere] have a weakness in their game, it depends if their strengths outweigh that weekness and are used to their strengths by the managers. Seen a lot of football in my time and there are very few players who are good at everything to do with playing the game.

Exactly that, its not a massive dig, just what it is

Another great performance yesterday. So much confidence and ability. Gets stuck in, works hard for the team and has great attitude. And to think there were those of us that questioned whether he could be successful in a team managed by Postecoglou. He’s been excellent and keeps being so.

Another great performance yesterday. So much confidence and ability. Gets stuck in, works hard for the team and has great attitude. And to think there were those of us that questioned whether he could be successful in a team managed by Postecoglou. He’s been excellent and keeps being so.

There were reasonable worries about how he would work in a back four considering his start in what was meant to be a system he was supposedly ready made for, effectively giving away a goal a game. I guess those worries were partially based on not having full knowledge of how Ange has his fullbacks set up rather than a traditional defensive RB, plus time to settle in (whilst the club settled itself down as well).

Without trawling through posts I was definitely recall being a doubter, I don't recall completely writing him off but just being a tad concerned, sometimes I guess you have to just embrace being wrong!

The guy is a baller and loves doing every part of the game. That area of the pitch with Porro and Romero is great to watch, seeing the chest bumps / high fives / celebrations for near enough any successful defensive action, it's endearing to see people who love doing their job and it's infectious. I wonder if Pedro's been giving crossing tips to Sarr because he would have been proud of that one himself too, what a ball.

Probably his best most mature performance yesterday, defensively very sound which is a great development for him as he has been naive at times. Brilliant

There were reasonable worries about how he would work in a back four considering his start in what was meant to be a system he was supposedly ready made for, effectively giving away a goal a game. I guess those worries were partially based on not having full knowledge of how Ange has his fullbacks set up rather than a traditional defensive RB, plus time to settle in (whilst the club settled itself down as well).

Without trawling through posts I was definitely recall being a doubter, I don't recall completely writing him off but just being a tad concerned, sometimes I guess you have to just embrace being wrong!

The guy is a baller and loves doing every part of the game. That area of the pitch with Porro and Romero is great to watch, seeing the chest bumps / high fives / celebrations for near enough any successful defensive action, it's endearing to see people who love doing their job and it's infectious. I wonder if Pedro's been giving crossing tips to Sarr because he would have been proud of that one himself too, what a ball.

He fudging loves it here .. always great to see

Couple of recovery runs and tackles yesterday that were top quality, the defensive side of his game is so much better now ..

I literally didn't think the man could defend. 😅

Man I hate 3 at the back, it's such an awkward system to get right and is so easy to get wrong and make fools of your players.

I literally didn't think the man could defend. 😅

Man I hate 3 at the back, it's such an awkward system to get right and is so easy to get wrong and make fools of your players.
He looked clumsy as a defender and unable to turn with his man

None of that has been an issue this season and that’s with less defenders on the pitch. It’s weird but a testament to the work he has done, his one talent and coaching

I wouldn’t swap him for any other right back

I don’t think there was one fan who thought he could play, and excel in a back 4. He couldn’t defend in a back 3/5… so it was a fair call

But he is just oozing class now every game. I always believe that we will make mistakes at the back. That’s the game and the way we play. The key is how a player recovers and he has been flying

Back