• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pedro Porro

It wouldn't surprise me to see him being used as competition/cover for Kulusevski.
What to do with spence though? Seems to be doing alright in france. Nice problem to have though.
If he is used as a more forward option on the right there is also room for Spence. He has put in good performances with Rennes and the new manager may fancy him more than Conte did. At the same time, I do feel that Emerson can do an equally good job on the left. His game is more about progressing the ball and quick 1-2s, rather than a crosser of the ball. So the fact that he is not left-footed doesn't really count against him as much (and from the little we know about Emerson, he's the kind of guy who will work his socks off to develop his weaker foot, if that will improve him in the position he is playing). Might have Porro and Udogie in one game, Spence and Emerson in the next, Davies and Emerson in the next and so on. This is great flexibility to have.

If he is used as a more forward option on the right there is also room for Spence. He has put in good performances with Rennes and the new manager may fancy him more than Conte did. At the same time, I do feel that Emerson can do an equally good job on the left. His game is more about progressing the ball and quick 1-2s, rather than a crosser of the ball. So the fact that he is not left-footed doesn't really count against him as much (and from the little we know about Emerson, he's the kind of guy who will work his socks off to develop his weaker foot, if that will improve him in the position he is playing). Might have Porro and Udogie in one game, Spence and Emerson in the next, Davies and Emerson in the next and so on. This is great flexibility to have.
I think most coaches would value the flexibility compared to Conte.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

He offers flair, pace, passing (including crosses), dribbling, and should be a decent goal-threat. All in all, he is the complete wing back...
I went back to read some of the older posts from post-Leicester and it seems most of us were willing to give him time and not jump on his back right away. As much as Royal has excelled lately in the role, I still think Porro's addition to the squad will be a good thing and seeing his comments from that guardian article, he seems to have the correct mentality. Hopefully he gets better with time and with his growing understanding of the league and his teammates.
We just need a LW, CB (or two), and GK in the summer.

I see Porro will be starting for Spain this evening, and interestingly, at the moment the formation looks like he will be playing in a back 4.

Back