• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Peaky Blinders

NickTB

Alan Hutton
Did anyone watch last night? I love everything about this show. Amazing cinematography and acting. Atmospheric scenes, I just love it. Twists and turns galore

The accents make me cringe, I imagine it is difficult for true Small Heath residents to watch.

And I want that Gooner to die. Next episode hopefully. Dennis Pennis from back in the day. Over acting in every scene.

Never watched it before, so someone please sell it to me. I would like a new tv series to watch but what?

Never watched it before, so someone please sell it to me. I would like a new tv series to watch but what?

It's a Brummie drama set in the years just before WWI and just after. Deals with a rising Gypsy crime family and their rise to power and associated corruption.

Brilliant series. Latest episode of new series on Wednesday thrilling stuff and I can’t recall an episode which has yet to dissapoint. Not even a one off like the fly episode ala breaking bad.

great show, loved all previous series and just started series 4 last night. The early ones were brilliant, based around Archway in North London as well as Brummie land. Taboo was the only other series I though good enough to put in the same category as Peaky Blinders.

Just watched Season 1 Episode 1 and I love it already

It really is excellent. I only discovered it just before the last series aired, and so had a binge on all of it up to date - its brilliant all the way through.

I cant wait to watch the new series, but want to binge on it as well so am in two minds about watching it weekly or holding off...

Final episode of season one shootout did it for me. I quite enjoyed a lot of it up until then, but that one was just so theatrical and stupid. Can't trust a show that has such a Hollywood brain fart scene in it. :p

Season one and two were good, but it's gone horribly downhill since. Even as a huge fan of Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, I think there really is a limit to how much slow motion striding about to Red Right Hand is acceptable in the space of an hour's television.

The return to Small Heath after season three's Downton Abbey glam was welcome, but it was balanced out by the absurd mafiosi who seriously outhammed last season's risible Russkies. It's now set up to get even worse, with Tommy MP chased around the Palace of Westminster by, I don't know, a gang of Yakuza with the worst Japanese accents imaginable, who he eventually buys off by doing some shonky deal with Stanley Baldwin.

The only bright spot is that Tom Hardy's character - least convincing Jew ever - is definitely dead. That gives him spare time to make Locke II where he talks someone through the NWHL tensile roof-raising while driving back from London to Brum, and means that it will be possible to watch Peaky Blinders without subtitles.

Back