• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

PCs Laptops, a waste of time?

We are Tottenham

Kasey Keller
Admitedly I am not that good with IT and my other half does not like me looking on the Internet anyway as she considers I,m
wasting my time!

My problem is all those pop ups malware problems. I have bought Kaspersky Norton etc... and they sometimes stopworking and cant find
the varification code. My smart phone serves me best but obviously my Laptop would be better to look at if only it did not have so many
problems. Searching for virus..free virus protection is waste of time. As soon as you download the programme that you think is free..it
asks you to sign up only 39.99 etc.
Then people like me might think of buying the latest computor only to find you get the same old sh IT.....

Would any of you wiz kids out there recommend an Apple PC Laptop.
The Apple Tabs look OK I probably will end up with one of those...but seriously those other laptops...never ending pop ups
make the PC frustrating and not worth while..

Your thoughts.................................

BTW................Come on you Spurs........................:p

I'm sure you can get software that will sort all that if you **** around enough with it.

That said, to answer your question, I have a MacBook Air and yes I would recommend it, its 2 years old now and has been used heavily every day without showing any signs of performance degradation.

First of all, don't use Internet Explorer and don't surf **** all day long ;)

You don't really need to pay for security the way I see it, Avast is one example of a program that's free and works like a charm. You can also use an AdBlocker add-on for your browser, this way you can eliminate the pop ups and ads that you don't want.

That being said, MacBooks are smooth ****, don't have one but that's because I got my hands on an iPad. Go all out for the 13" MacBook Air if you're getting one.

First of all, don't use Internet Explorer and don't surf **** all day long ;)

You don't really need to pay for security the way I see it, Avast is one example of a program that's free and works like a charm. You can also use an AdBlocker add-on for your browser, this way you can eliminate the pop ups and ads that you don't want.

That being said, MacBooks are smooth ****, don't have one but that's because I got my hands on an iPad. Go all out for the 13" MacBook Air if you're getting one.

Thanks for the replies and advice......I'll check the Macbook out...........and try that free software....cheers again....

I got myself a Chromebook recently, they're not perfect but the strengths are they're ludicrously simple - you just press on, it boots in 6 seconds - log on with your Google /Gmail account and you're browsing, fast and they're impossible to get virus/spyware on. Useless for gaming, and not perfect for audio editing but sounds like you're their target audience tbh, plus they're cheap.

Mac books are great but they're very expensive and would be totally ott for your needs, when it sounds like you just need a better browser and more sensible browsing habits.

A tablet could do and they're much more resilient but again, expensive option and - for me at least - they're not perfect laptop replacements.

Sent from my HTC One using Fapatalk

I got myself a Chromebook recently, they're not perfect but the strengths are they're ludicrously simple - you just press on, it boots in 6 seconds - log on with your Google /Gmail account and you're browsing, fast and they're impossible to get virus/spyware on. Useless for gaming, and not perfect for audio editing but sounds like you're their target audience tbh, plus they're cheap.

Mac books are great but they're very expensive and would be totally ott for your needs, when it sounds like you just need a better browser and more sensible browsing habits.

A tablet could do and they're much more resilient but again, expensive option and - for me at least - they're not perfect laptop replacements.

Sent from my HTC One using Fapatalk

I agree.

If its just for general browsing and emails then I would go tablet now. If its more work based and you hunger for software usage then PC.

I would love to be able to get my hands on a Galaxy tab for a day and compare the Ipad 2 to it. I use my phone and tablet more for browsing now. Even fantasy sports apps are great.

Recently got a laptop with Windows 8.1. It is very fast. It usually takes less than 5 seconds to get to the login screen after power up. I also enjoy the touch side of Windows.

I have not bought antivirus software in 5+ years. The free built-in Microsoft Security Essentials (anti-virus + anti-malware) is very good and quick.

Recently got a laptop with Windows 8.1. It is very fast. It usually takes less than 5 seconds to get to the login screen after power up. I also enjoy the touch side of Windows.

I have not bought antivirus software in 5+ years. The free built-in Microsoft Security Essentials (anti-virus + anti-malware) is very good and quick.

Every new windows laptop/PC boots up in 5 secs. Bet it dont in 6 months though ;-)
I would say that is the one decent thing about tablets. The wifes 2 years later, it still boots in seconds. Then again its hardly turned off. haha.

I used to have a macbook - cost a ****load of money. Wasnt really worth it as al I did was watch ****, browse the net and perhaps write a letter every now and again. It broke down but lasted a fairly loooooooooooong time - and never had any issues with it.

Brought a sony vaio laptop a few months ago - and love it. I see no difference between this one and the mac. Then again I dont and have not used half the stuff mac offers.

I did ask a while ago before i got the vaio whether laptops will become obsolete as a results of the plethora of tablets available now etc.

probably, they are already obsolete for most people really, it's a mental block on not seeing them as real computers I suppose

still plenty of use cases where they are needed though, I couldn't do my job without one today although I reckon in a couple of years an iPad will be enough

as is always the case with CE, buy the device that is right for the job you need it to do

Back