• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulo Gazzaniga

Bickering about the nuances of our reserve keepers performance in a pre season friendly.......

......we've come along way in ten years.

(Ben Alnwick says hi)

I would say the quality of back up goalkeepers is a key point for clubs at all levels of football, I'm not sure I catch the drift of your post.

Also don't want to tempt fate but one bad injury to Lloris and this will be the man in the sticks potentially for quite a while. Alongside a few others I will say his improvement from Southampton days is quite remarkable, was a tad worried about this signing but I do feel confident with him as the reserve keeper.

Interestingly there doesn't seem to be any rumored keeper signings, it will be a great sign of confidence in Whiteman if nobody else is brought in.

I would say the quality of back up goalkeepers is a key point for clubs at all levels of football, I'm not sure I catch the drift of your post.

Also don't want to tempt fate but one bad injury to Lloris and this will be the man in the sticks potentially for quite a while. Alongside a few others I will say his improvement from Southampton days is quite remarkable, was a tad worried about this signing but I do feel confident with him as the reserve keeper.

Interestingly there doesn't seem to be any rumored keeper signings, it will be a great sign of confidence in Whiteman if nobody else is bought in.

We have played a trialist GK in a few recent U23 games. It has been mooted whether or not he might be a potential 3rd GK.

Wasn’t he a player released from a lower league team to fill in the numbers

Liverpool have done something similar

Yeah, he was released by Southend. I am aware of a non-league youth keeper who trained with us last season, so maybe this is a gap that we've been looking to fill for a while.

The way he did not come off his line for the first goal tonight was very worrying. Such a basic thing for a keeper to do, close down the angle.

See Villa just signed Pope for 8m. Frankly I would rather have him as our number 2 then Gazzinga.

The way he did not come off his line for the first goal tonight was very worrying. Such a basic thing for a keeper to do, close down the angle.

See Villa just signed Pope for 8m. Frankly I would rather have him as our number 2 then Gazzinga.

I wouldn't want to have to rely on him for long in the league

I’ve seen Lloris stay on his line and get beat a good few times. It’s a judgement call, he got it wrong it happens. The only way we’d know whether he does get it right more times than not is by playing for an extended period of time. It’s unfair to judge him either way based on the odd game here and there, especially in pre season. The games he’s had to fill in competitive games he’s looked decent enough. Much made about nothing for me....

Very poor today at Leicester. I felt that he should have done better on a number of occasions and should have stopped Madison's goal.

Back