• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho

Re: Paulinho *OFFICIAL*

There are good reasons to start Bale on the left or right, but Lennon is much better on the right. Starting Lennon on the left would be the weakest line-up. That's why I agree with chicken_badge's post. Bale will have a fairly free role and they will all move about, but Bale should start left. It can't do any harm running at bother the opposition fullbacks to test for weaknesses and then let Bale roam.

With the current players, yes.

With Bale's strength cutting in from the left there is obviously a case for starting Bale on the right and someone else the left. But from our options - Sigurdsson, Dempsey and Holtby - I think we are better starting Lennon on the right.

It does seem that Lennon doesn't quite fit the direction we are going with the addition of Holtby and Paulinho. Paulinho is obviously pencilled in as a starter and I don't think Holtby was bought just because he was a winger. Lennon is not a good enough goalscorer to be an ideal wing forward. On the other hand, Defoe did much better than expected as a lone forward so perhaps Lennon can adapt to the challenge.

We'll have to wait to see what else happens in the transfer window before making a final judgement (which will probably be wrong anyway).

current players id agree - but the players we are being linked to suggests we're looking to sign a LWF in addition to a CF which would leave Lennon out of the first team, imv. not that i think it'd be the end of Lennon for Spurs just that i think we are really going to be moving towards a squad where we have genuine competition for each position and that any injury to our 1st choice players will not damage us the way it has in the past. also i think we want to be setting ourselves up so we can tinker with the formations depending on who we are playing/who we have available. i think we will have a squad, come the start of the season, which should be comfortable playing 433 and 4231/4411 - giving the likes of Lennon plenty of game time over the course of the season as we try and take each competition seriously.

Paulinho looks Indian

Native Americian genes most likely = special super powers! People in spanish or portugese colonies somtimes have 'moorish' genes, from when the Moors invaded waht is now spain and portugal.

What happened to the Paulinho rumour thread? Wanted to check out some u tube vids while they get their knickers in a twist while changing ends.

current players id agree - but the players we are being linked to suggests we're looking to sign a LWF in addition to a CF which would leave Lennon out of the first team, imv. not that i think it'd be the end of Lennon for Spurs just that i think we are really going to be moving towards a squad where we have genuine competition for each position and that any injury to our 1st choice players will not damage us the way it has in the past. also i think we want to be setting ourselves up so we can tinker with the formations depending on who we are playing/who we have available.

Actually the players we have been linked to suggest fudge all until we actually make a bid. Being linked to a player by some website or other news outlet when there is no evidence of us actually putting a bid in, or at the least haggling about a price means fudge all. Now remind me which LWF we have actually made an attempt yo buy this season.

Villa.

If you want to limit all discussion on future formations/tactics to players we already have or have only 100% definitely bid on then there won't be much to talk about will there?

edit : see also Willian in recent windows

I see where you are coming from with Villa but I was anticipating him being played as a central striker. I stand corrected

David Villa will not be coming to Tottenham to play left wing. In fact, if he gets a sniff of that idea he'll be texting Batistuta for good restaurants in Florence.

I see where you are coming from with Villa but I was anticipating him being played as a central striker. I stand corrected

as do i tbf :p

you make a fair point, but as i said previously - at this point of the window i think it's fair to use speculation as a starting point for discussion.

it's not just players we're linked with which makes me think Bale will be used on the right - it's also his strengths/abilities in carrying the ball and shooting from distance. Bale on the right coming inside is more dangerous than on the left going outside and unless we plan to line up in a 4231 (which with the signing of Paulhino would suggest is a non starter for a full strength side) and playing him central then that's how i see it panning out.

Native Americian genes most likely = special super powers! People in spanish or portugese colonies somtimes have 'moorish' genes, from when the Moors invaded waht is now spain and portugal.

probably right, doesn't really like black, mixed or white. Probably means he's hard as fudging nails though. Can't wait to see him in action in pre-season.

^ the indigenous people of Brazil are Indian in appearance (as in native american) early Portuguese settlers colonized the country and the African slaves they brought with them also had a huge influence on their culture/ethnic diversity over the years (as well as the European settlers that also arrived) seems like a real melting pot of a country

^ the indigenous people of Brazil are Indian in appearance (as in native american) early Portuguese settlers colonized the country and the African slaves they brought with them also had a huge influence on their culture/ethnic diversity over the years (as well as the European settlers that also arrived) seems like a real melting pot of a country

thanks for that, interesting to know.

David Villa will not be coming to Tottenham to play left wing. In fact, if he gets a sniff of that idea he'll be texting Batistuta for good restaurants in Florence.

I think he would. I think it would be Bale and Villa on either side with a CF in the middle - but all interchangeable - so in essence - no one with have a definitive position of the three.

probably right, doesn't really like black, mixed or white. Probably means he's hard as fudging nails though. Can't wait to see him in action in pre-season.

I'd bet just looking at him that he has a number of Guarani or Tupi ancestors.

Back