• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho

Re: Official - Paulinho

I thought that Paulinho was arguably the third best brazil player on the night behind neymar, and oscar (my motm). While Paulinho wasn't pinging 30 yard passes, or even many passes that went forward, he was always the open man at the crucial part of an attack, and always unmarked. Fair enough, he didn't finish anything, but it definitely wasn't a poor performance at all. I really thought that he and Gustavo did pretty well against the technically accomplished croat midfield. One thing that I thought was amazing is that during the game you often saw Paulinho filling in for CB's out of position but also being the guy who was open in the box for the shot. That's really really hard, and he did it in the brazilian conditions.

As Sir Alf Ramsey once said "I pick the best team, not the best 11 players "

Some of you are actually f***ing pathetic, literally taking it in turns to abuse the man, criticism can be healthy but what I've just seen is a disgrace.

He played well and did the job he was asked to. There's arguably better players who are behind him yet he's picked every time hhhhhmmm get the feeling the thinking behind that is far better than anything some stupid keyboard warrior could come up with.

keyboard warrior :ross::ross:

The only keyboard warrior i see is the one calling others "****ing pathetic" and "stupid".

I wouldn't dream of slating the guy while at a match for instance, but have no problem doing so on a message board, what harm is that going to do? I'm pretty sure he doesn't read it anyway.

I wouldn't dream of slating the guy while at a match for instance, but have no problem doing so on a message board, what harm is that going to do? I'm pretty sure he doesn't read it anyway.

Yeah, its like you're not allowed to criticise or joke about any player. I'm sure Paulinho if he saw any abuse would just smile and look at his bank balance and that he gets paid for playing football and wouldn't give a toss what anyone says about him anyway. I know i wouldn't.

I think you'd be surprised at who reads these forums....

keyboard warrior :ross::ross:

The only keyboard warrior i see is the one calling others "****ing pathetic" and "stupid".

Hes playing Brazil in their Home tournament...so he wouldn.t be there if he was not an exceptional player!

did you ever watch John Prat play?..or more recently Freind..

Good to see some people bad mouthing one of their own again!

OK Paulinho isn't great but why is he being singled out? He isnt the reason we had a poor season last year. Time for people to stfu I think.
If his name was Dave McPaul and had played 20 mins for our reserves back in 2009 before being brought into the team by a halfwit manager it would be a different story.

I just think people who bad mouth Paulinho performance last night don't really understand anything more than simple passing and shooting.

Movement off the ball and positional play that opens games up for others goes unnoticed.

He wasn't great but he effected the game in different ways.

It would be interesting if some average bashers did some coaching badges and actually understood more about what's required in a system!

I agree…wasn't particularly eye-catching but very very smart.
I'd actually say that the player who was disappointing was Gustavo, who didn't do much in terms of possession and didn't offer much going forward. I wonder if Brasil won't be tempted to play Ramires in there for his more aggressive box-to-box qualities? I think it would give them a lot more pressing forward…that's my thought anyway…interested to discuss.

Invisibilinho was utter gash in the game and it's not even my dislike for the player which makes me say that. His positioning was turbo ****...he doesn't know when to hold position and when to close down (made evident by Croatia's opener which was partly his fault).

I thought that Paulinho was arguably the third best brazil player on the night behind neymar, and oscar (my motm). While Paulinho wasn't pinging 30 yard passes, or even many passes that went forward, he was always the open man at the crucial part of an attack, and always unmarked. Fair enough, he didn't finish anything, but it definitely wasn't a poor performance at all. I really thought that he and Gustavo did pretty well against the technically accomplished croat midfield. One thing that I thought was amazing is that during the game you often saw Paulinho filling in for CB's out of position but also being the guy who was open in the box for the shot. That's really really hard, and he did it in the brazilian conditions.

You did well until the last line, I'd expect someone playing for the Brazilian national team more than anyone to cope with the conditions they played under IN BRAZIL.

Back