• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho

Re: Official - Paulinho

One of the papers reckoned Levy didn't like dealing with Chelsea because of how they approached Modric. Do they not remember Arnesen?

Ill say it again there's a lot more to come from him. 8 in 37 is better than one in five.

I think he can be a 1 in 4 type player and should aim for 10 - 15 goals next season. Goals from midfield are invaluable.

I think we will see the best of him in the WC and would really regret letting him leave.

Ill say it again there's a lot more to come from him. 8 in 37 is better than one in five.

I think he can be a 1 in 4 type player and should aim for 10 - 15 goals next season. Goals from midfield are invaluable.

I think we will see the best of him in the WC and would really regret letting him leave.

Like you I'm still in the camp that he can offer more in the PL, but whether or not we'll ever see it at Spurs I still have my doubts. He needs to change his mentality and learn to compete harder on the pitch, it's not as if he's small or slight in build he's got the body type to do well in the middle of the park as well as the technical ability.

Going by our managerial candidates preferred systems of play I think under Pochettino he will flourish, however if we get FDB as our manager I can see him perhaps struggling to fit.

Like you I'm still in the camp that he can offer more in the PL, but whether or not we'll ever see it at Spurs I still have my doubts. He needs to change his mentality and learn to compete harder on the pitch, it's not as if he's small or slight in build he's got the body type to do well in the middle of the park as well as the technical ability.

Agreed, has to toughen up a bit. Same goes for Chadli imo.

Could do with toughening up but we also need the right manager to get the best out of him. I think 4-3-3 with him as one of the middle 3 making late runs into the box and playing more box to box would see him flourish.

Going by our managerial candidates preferred systems of play I think under Pochettino he will flourish, however if we get FDB as our manager I can see him perhaps struggling to fit.

This.

I think the expectation around him - a key Brazilian international - meant people expected too much. He had an average season, but still scored quite a few important goals.

The longer it goes since his last Spurs game the better everyone will think he is. But the reality is I've never seen a Spurs central midfielder pull out of as many tackles as he has this season.

For me his biggest issue isn't not being tough enough - it's that he just doesn't get on the ball enough for a central midfielder. And when he does he doesn't seem very composed or comfortable on the ball. And he doesn't seem like a very good passer - not much range, creativity or accuracy.

His ability to get into goalscoring positions is obviously his biggest strength, but his finishing this season has been really poor overall.

Wish I didn't dislike him so much...

For me his biggest issue isn't not being tough enough - it's that he just doesn't get on the ball enough for a central midfielder. And when he does he doesn't seem very composed or comfortable on the ball. And he doesn't seem like a very good passer - not much range, creativity or accuracy.

His ability to get into goalscoring positions is obviously his biggest strength, but his finishing this season has been really poor overall.

Agree with this, however it is also his strength.

Paulinho will be excellent in a team with good movement and runners as he ' keeps things simple ' in the middle and then gets in the box to finish things off.

He is more of a cog than a clock face

Agreed that it's a weakness of his. Which means that he needs other types of players around him than what he's been surrounded with this season to get the best out of him.

Our team needs to be less of a muchness I think.

Might very well see him to really well for Brazil despite not getting on the ball much because they have two proper ball playing centre backs, full backs that are extremely comfortable in possession and a defensive midfielder that's an effective passer. No need for Paulinho to get on the ball a lot, or contribute passing range and creativity in their buildup play.

Paulie Shore be our Jesus. He got skills and with the right manager, he will be an outstanding player.

Sent from my HTC One using Fapatalk

Agreed that it's a weakness of his. Which means that he needs other types of players around him than what he's been surrounded with this season to get the best out of him.

Our team needs to be less of a muchness I think.

Might very well see him to really well for Brazil despite not getting on the ball much because they have two proper ball playing centre backs, full backs that are extremely comfortable in possession and a defensive midfielder that's an effective passer. No need for Paulinho to get on the ball a lot, or contribute passing range and creativity in their buildup play.

Agree that he could be better if surrounded by players that complement him better, but I just think his flaws are too fundamental for him to be an important part of our team.

@FourFourTwo: IN THE NEW FFT Paulinho: Absolutely no regrets over*#THFCmove - "I don't have any problem"*fft.sm/yUrIGF
pic.twitter.com/b9AH2GyEEC

[Tweet]468412959476449280[/tweet]

@PremierLeague: Time now to pick your first central midfielder. Head to thepremierleague.com*homepage to cast your vote pic.twitter.com/In0DXscQiv

[Tweet]468451771476897792[/tweet]

Last edited:
Back