• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pape Matar Sarr

He's not faultless but on balance he's probably been our best and most consistent midfielder. Of all of our current CMs he's the one I think most likely to be desired by the likes of City, Real, Barca etc.
He will just progress more and more
He has athletic ability and an awareness that combined with his technical side (which will improve) he will just get better
On teletext I was on a thread about onana… I can imagine a Sarr Onana midfield being hard to get away from

He will just progress more and more
He has athletic ability and an awareness that combined with his technical side (which will improve) he will just get better
On teletext I was on a thread about onana… I can imagine a Sarr Onana midfield being hard to get away from
I'm starting to think any Bissouma replacement CDM signing needs to be at a minimum tall and athletic, Some kind of beast. I know we all want some kind of Modric 'lite' to take the ball of the CBs but we really seem to lack someone to shield the defence properly and also provide some physicality from set pieces etc. Obviously the better passer the better but plenty of successful sides have had CDMs that defend first and offload the ball to their teammates quickly

I'm starting to think any Bissouma replacement CDM signing needs to be at a minimum tall and athletic, Some kind of beast. I know we all want some kind of Modric 'lite' to take the ball of the CBs but we really seem to lack someone to shield the defence properly and also provide some physicality from set pieces etc. Obviously the better passer the better but plenty of successful sides have had CDMs that defend first and offload the ball to their teammates quickly.

Nah for the Ange system the DM definitely needs to be competent with the ball. Not necessarily a deep lying playmaker but someone who can do more a quick offload to a teammate. Ideally we want some with a quick switch pass, that would make so much difference to our play, it would be literally night and day. I'm. Or sure of Ange wants that but at the very least he wants some who can play the give like you suggest but also receive so they need to be a tech ically comfortable player to function in this system.

much prefer the old rules where touching the keeper without playing the ball would be a foul
its also infringement for an unfair advantage leading up to a goal which would apply to VAR rules

Back