• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Outlook question

Crawley

Board Legend
Have to use Outlook at work.

We have a personal inbox, and a shared departmental box that all staff have access to.

Problem is, the shared inbox is broken down into multiple folders for various subjects, and on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern, it is easy to miss important emails on days off.

I've seen a way of making un-read e-mails in the "all docs" box show in red text, but we can't find how to set that up.

Anyone?

Are you referring to 'flag status' - the little flag icon at the very right of the email line (next to the 'size' column)

?

Are you referring to 'flag status' - the little flag icon at the very right of the email line (next to the 'size' column)

?

Not as such............although there could be a connection. What I've seen is the header line of each un-read e-mail appears in red text (to show it as un-read).
We keep masses of operational e-mails in the relevant folders, and spotting all the un-read ones is tricky, but a colleague has his outlook set so when he is first day back on shift, his (shared) inbox has all unread e-mails in red. He just can't remember how to set it!!!!

It's called Conditional formatting

Outlook 2010:

Navigate to a folder:

- Click View on ribbon
- Click View Settings
- Click Conditional formatting
- Add a rule and change the font colour

It's called Conditional formatting

Outlook 2010:

Navigate to a folder:

- Click View on ribbon
- Click View Settings
- Click Conditional formatting
- Add a rule and change the font colour

Thank-you.

Have adjusted my personal inbox........if I carry out the same action on the shared inbox, will it adjust the setting for all readers, or only mine as we all sign into the system individually?

Oh, and by the way. Did all you said and nothing changed.

I reckon thats worth 30 points top you.

Back