• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Our squad-yes no or maybe

onlyme

Banned
1 GOMES Heurelho N
2 WALKER Kyle Y
3 ROSE Danny Y
4 KABOUL Younes N
5 VERTONGHEN Jan Y
6 CHIRICHES Vlad (12) Y
7 LENNON Aaron ?
8 PAULINHO Y
9 SOLDADO Roberto Y
10 ADEBAYOR Emmanuel YES!!!!
11 LAMELA Erik (33) Y
14 HOLTBY Lewis N
15 CAPOUE Etienne Y
16 NAUGHTON Kyle ?
17 TOWNSEND Andros YES!!!
18 DEFOE Jermain N
19 DEMBELE Mousa Y
20 DAWSON Michael Y
21 CHADLI Nacer ?
22 SIGURDSSON Gylfi N
23 ERIKSEN Christian ?
24 FRIEDEL Brad ?
25 LLORIS Hugo ?
30 SANDRO Y
35 FRYERS Ezekiel ?

37 KANE Harry Y
41 COULTHIRST Shaquile ?
42 BENTALEB Nabil Y
43 FREDERICKS Ryan Y
51 VELJKOVIC Milos ?

28 CARROLL Thomas ?
29 LIVERMORE Jake ?
32 ASSOU-EKOTTO Benoit N

Keep: Walker, Rose, Vertonghen, Chiriches, Lennon, Paulinho, Soldado, Lamela, Capoue, Dembele, Chadli, Eriksen, Lloris, Sandro

Maybe, as in having something to prove: Kaboul (if he can get fit), Ade, Holtby, Sigurdsson, Fryers and the rest of the kids

Sell: Gomes, Naughton, Townsend, Defoe, Dawson, Livermore, Ekotto

1 GOMES Heurelho N
2 WALKER Kyle Y
3 ROSE Danny Y
4 KABOUL Younes Y
5 VERTONGHEN Jan Y
6 CHIRICHES Vlad Y
7 LENNON Aaron Y
8 PAULINHO Y
9 SOLDADO Roberto N
10 ADEBAYOR Emmanuel Y (when motivated)
11 LAMELA Erik (33) Y
14 HOLTBY Lewis N
15 CAPOUE Etienne Y
16 NAUGHTON Kyle N
17 TOWNSEND Andros N
18 DEFOE Jermain N
19 DEMBELE Mousa Y
20 DAWSON Michael Y
21 CHADLI Nacer N
22 SIGURDSSON Gylfi N
23 ERIKSEN Christian Y
24 FRIEDEL Brad Y
25 LLORIS Hugo Y
30 SANDRO Y
35 FRYERS Ezekiel N

37 KANE Harry Y
41 COULTHIRST Shaquile N
42 BENTALEB Nabil Y
43 FREDERICKS Ryan Y
51 VELJKOVIC Milos ?

28 CARROLL Thomas N
29 LIVERMORE Jake Y
32 ASSOU-EKOTTO Benoit Y

Keep: Walker, Rose, Vertonghen, Chiriches, Lennon, Paulinho, Soldado, Lamela, Capoue, Dembele, Chadli, Eriksen, Lloris, Sandro

Maybe, as in having something to prove: Kaboul (if he can get fit), Ade, Holtby, Sigurdsson, Fryers and the rest of the kids

Agree on most of the Sell's but we need to keep Dawson as he will be good as a squad player. Hopefully Hull will give us 5m or so for Livermore as they seem to like him. Ekotto and Naughton need to go so that Fryers and Fredericks can compete and be shown a route into the first team. This along with the fact Naughton is only capable at right back so needs to leave for his own sake and BAE is getting on.

Definitely not selling Townsend. I just dont understand why anyone would say that. He is getting better and better. When he stops shooting too much he will become a much more rounded player. His last two games on the left he got in some great crosses and was our best attacking element.

Defoe knows he is not going to play so we need someone who is willing to fight for a place they can also win and bring us something off the bench. For the life of me I dont know why Gomes is still here. Ruining his career.

I really don't see what the big deal is about Townsend. He contributes so very little to the team. Some obviously prefer watching players that try things, but you'd expect more of it to come off than he manages. I wouldn't mind sending him on loan to a mid table side for a whole season, or the remainder of this, as long as it's not another one like QPR, where they just sit back and counter attack. He seriously needs to improve his decision making, his shots are way off target and more often than not runs straight into opponents. I say sell because we have other players in his position that are either considerably better right now or bigger talents.

I really don't see what the big deal is about Townsend. He contributes so very little to the team. Some obviously prefer watching players that try things, but you'd expect more of it to come off than he manages. I wouldn't mind sending him on loan to a mid table side for a whole season, or the remainder of this, as long as it's not another one like QPR, where they just sit back and counter attack. He seriously needs to improve his decision making, his shots are way off target and more often than not runs straight into opponents. I say sell because we have other players in his position that are either considerably better right now or bigger talents.

You are so wrong it is chronic.

When he returns to fitness he will be a MAJOR player for us with 2 strikers.

You are so wrong it is chronic.

When he returns to fitness he will be a MAJOR player for us with 2 strikers.

Should he play ahead of Lennon, Eriksen, Chadli or Lamela? No. Even Siggy and Holtby adds more to the team.

I think our squad is in pretty good shape, so I wouldn't want to tinker around with it at the moment, especially as Sherwood is new to the job.

Perhaps another left back wouldn't go amiss, if a suitable player becomes available.

Ah the classic we have a squad of **** players thread.... Let's sell Lloris and Townsend and use theoneh to buy Stewart Downing and Robert Green!!!!

Down comical ones in this thread I have to say. Both of the above are young players going massively in the right direction. And to compare Townsend to Chadli is baffling!!! Townsend at least goes forwards.

Some of it depends on who the manager is and the preferred system. Let's hope Sherwood does well and his system is the one he used v Stoke.

--------------------------lloris(friedel)
walker(fredricks)---dawson(kaboul)----vert(chiriches)---rose(fryers)

lennon(lamela/townsend/chadli)----sandro(capoue/bentaleb)---paulinho(dembele)---eriksen(holtby/carroll)

---------------------------ade(kane)-------soldado(coulthirst)

That's 25 players, and we're a forward short (although some of those youngsters don't get registered, so won't take up squad places). Chadli, Townsend and Lamela can play on both flanks, and the first two can probably play as a 2nd striker. Kaboul depends on fitness, if we can get him fit enough to be a squad player, then keep him. No room for Livermore, Ekotto or Sig, imo. Naughton moved on to allow Fredricks to come through. Defoe seems as if he's off anyway.

I think the squad is fine, but we need another striker.

1 GOMES Heurelho N
2 WALKER Kyle Y
3 ROSE Danny Y
4 KABOUL Younes Y
5 VERTONGHEN Jan Y
6 CHIRICHES Vlad Y
7 LENNON Aaron Y
8 PAULINHO Y
9 SOLDADO Roberto Y
10 ADEBAYOR Emmanuel Y
11 LAMELA Erik Y
14 HOLTBY Lewis Y
15 CAPOUE Etienne Y
16 NAUGHTON Kyle N
17 TOWNSEND Andros Y
18 DEFOE Jermain N
19 DEMBELE Mousa Y
20 DAWSON Michael Y
21 CHADLI Nacer Y
22 SIGURDSSON Gylfi N
23 ERIKSEN Christian Y
24 FRIEDEL Brad Y
25 LLORIS Hugo Y
30 SANDRO Y
35 FRYERS Ezekiel Y

37 KANE Harry Y
41 COULTHIRST Shaquile Y
42 BENTALEB Nabil Y
43 FREDERICKS Ryan Y
51 VELJKOVIC Milos Y

28 CARROLL Thomas Y
29 LIVERMORE Jake N
32 ASSOU-EKOTTO Benoit N

Pretty much with you, bar Holtby being added to the YES list.

I'd definitely get rid of Dawson. I'd have Townsend on the maybe list.

If we look at the wonky formation as our new formation for the rest of the season then the only players who may not feature are one of Holtby or Siggy and one of Townsend or Chadli. We seem to be playing with one winger (Lennon) and two strikers with the left winger becoming an extra midfielder (Eriksen). Townsend and Chadli for me are the two who will challenge Lennon in his role whilst Holtby and Sig will challenge Eriksen. With that in mind, I don't think we can keep all of them happy, though I see the positives of every player.

Gomes, Defoe, Livermore, Khumalo, Falque, Obika, Dawkins are the senior players I'm not bothered about/can't see playing for us again. Friedel and Kaboul are also out of contract in June and I can't see them being extended.

I wouldn't want to do to much surgery beyond that (i.e. selling midfielders and buying forwards) till the summer as there's a 95% chance our next manager will play a version of 5 midfielders.

--------------------Lloris
-------------------(Friedel)

--Walker-----Dawson--Vertonghen---Rose
(Naughton)--(Kaboul)-(Chiriches)--(Fryers)

------------Paulinho------Sandro
-----------(Dembele)----(Capoue)

--Lennon--------Eriksen------Sigurdsson
--(Lamela)------(Holtby)-------(Chadli)

------------------Soldado
-----------------(Adebayor)

+ Townsend, Kane and Archer to make the 25

is pretty balanced and good quality to me.

Is that an April Fool's joke three months ahead of schedule?

Do you honestly ever expect Townsend to accept to be sent out on loan when he is almost a shoe in for the England squad? And after we have farmed him out to half the teams in the championship?

BBC January Transfer Guide

Tottenham Hotspur

What they need in a nutshell:

A left-back, so they can strengthen in the centre.

Window shopping:

After signing so many people over the summer, the last thing Spurs need now is a lot more new players to bed in but what they do need is a new left-back so Jan Vertonghen can return to the centre of defence.

Benoit Assou-Ekotto is on loan at QPR but I would leave him there and try to get somebody else in.

There is a young kid at Ipswich called Aaron Cresswell who has been playing very well but he has just signed a new deal. Then there is someone like Southampton's Luke Shaw who has also been linked with a move, but I cannot see that one happening.

Even if Spurs got an experienced left-back as a short-term signing it would benefit the team because Spurs' full-backs are well protected on the flanks with two wingers in front of them. Down the middle, they need Vertonghen.

Linked with:

Andrea Ranocchia 25, CB (Inter Milan), Fredy Guarin 27, CM (Inter Milan), Diego Perotti 25, AM (Sevilla), Mohamed Salah 21, FW (Basel), Ciprian Marica 28, FW (Getafe), Ezequiel Lavezzi 28, FW (Paris St-Germain), Kevin Volland 21, FW (Hoffenheim), Alexandre Pato 24, CF (Corinthians), Paul-Georges Ntep 21, CF (Auxerre), Giuseppe Rossi 26, CF (Fiorentina), Alex Buttner 24, LB (Manchester United), Luke Shaw 18, LB (Southampton), Shane Long 26, CF (West Brom).

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25488699

1 GOMES Heurelho N
2 WALKER Kyle Y
3 ROSE Danny M
4 KABOUL Younes Y
5 VERTONGHEN Jan Y
6 CHIRICHES Vlad M
7 LENNON Aaron Y
8 PAULINHO Y
9 SOLDADO Roberto Y
10 ADEBAYOR Emmanuel Y
11 LAMELA Erik (33) M