• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Our scouting network

When was the last time we got our **** done early? Nothing will happen til end of August lol

And what do you make specifically of the problems the structure has caused at Spurs with managers walking out because the players weren't even his choice and AVB claiming players signed weren't his choices? You don't see a problem with managers not getting to pick which players we sign?

Everyone looks for excuses when they under perform.

How many top clubs just leave transfers to the manager and chairman?

When was the last time we got our **** done early? Nothing will happen til end of August lol

Looking at our summer signings:

Early:
Paulinho
Chadli
Soldado
Capoue

Late:
Chiriches
Eriksen
Lamela

Maybe we'd be better off waiting this time ...

Interesting to see one of Harry's men returning

He was originally George Graham's man. This would be his 3rd spell at the club. He's gone from Leeds(with Graham)-Tottenham-Villa(with O'Leary)-Portsmouth(with Redknapp)-Tottenham-QPR-?.

Under Graham he was responsible for bringing in Yannick Kamanan and Dave McEwan etc.

McEwen was signed by then director of football David Pleat as part of his youth recruitment.

McEwen was signed by then director of football David Pleat as part of his youth recruitment.

Pleat was Broomfield's boss, but I'm sure when he returned in 2008 that McEwan and Kamanan were singled out as Broomfield discoveries from his first spell.

We got rid of them all in summer 2012 and never replaced them. As well as Broomfield, we sacked Peter Senior and a few others too.

Remember there was a story a few weeks ago about a Baldini-Sherwood power struggle over this appointment: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tottenham-boss-tim-sherwood-power-2989784

It looks like Levy has just overruled both of them and appointed his man.
i bet Levy thinks he is the dogs bollox in nicking him ahead of Arsanal. He will be patting himself on the back until the summer, silly little man

Pleat was Broomfield's boss, but I'm sure when he returned in 2008 that McEwan and Kamanan were singled out as Broomfield discoveries from his first spell.

I distinctly remember reading quotes from Pleat about McEwen. He was considered a late bloomer, but worth a punt. Don't think much was ever expected from him. Our academy simply wasn't producing much at the time.

Kamanan was what, 18? Probably cost no more than a bag of crisps.

What happens when GB's mate comes in and wants his own scout? Bye bye Broomfield?

A coach shouldn't be concerned with who is coming into the academy, only the calibre of the players coming out of it for him to utilise.

Scouting is the DoF's area of responsibility, not the coach's.

I distinctly remember reading quotes from Pleat about McEwen. He was considered a late bloomer, but worth a punt. Don't think much was ever expected from him. Our academy simply wasn't producing much at the time.

Kamanan was what, 18? Probably cost no more than a bag of crisps.

I'm not criticising Broomfield by the way, just trying to recollect a few scraps from the back of my mind about his first spell at the club with Graham.

The guy discovered Sandro after all - that in itself is worth a job for life.

I'm not criticising Broomfield by the way, just trying to recollect a few scraps from the back of my mind about his first spell at the club with Graham.

If anyone feels like moaning they should just think back to 1990s Spurs. We got it pretty good these days really.

Is it ********, how many good players are there in Brazil if we have a scout in that region how come we did not pick up more. Not saying he is a bad scout how would I know who he recommends to the fabled Director of Football or Levy.

Who was the ex spurs player out in Spain who told us we should have taken Michu?? im pretty sure I read someone recommended Ledwonsiki (i know i spelt that wrong but you know who i mean)

If anyone feels like moaning they should just think back to 1990s Spurs. We got it pretty good these days really.

Our league position is a lot better and we generally have better players and play better football. But you should always be able to criticise and look for ways to make things better.

what, watching the likes of Lineker, Gascoigne, Nayim, Anderton, Sheringham, Barmby, Klinsmann, Popescu, Ginola ???? it wasnt all bad you know, my GHod how id love to see a Ginola or Klinsmann light up the Lane at the moment :(

Back