• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Our scouting network

https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/

It’s an online game, rather like Mastermind, powered by a machine-trained precognitive algorithm that ingests multiple news data sources and then predicts the five-letter word most likely to dominate the next day’s news agenda, which players then have to guess. It was built by an ex GCHQ spook, called Josh Wardle, who recently sold it to the New York Times after a bidding war with the NSA.

Today’s word is ominous for our scouting network.

Yes, I do it ( in 2 today!:)). I did pick up on the link. Just random words I thought.

Tottenham scout Jeff Vetere leaves club after INFURIATING employers by revealing transfer targets

EXCLUSIVE: Tottenham scout Jeff Vetere leaves the club after INFURIATING his employers by revealing transfer targets during a TV interview in Colombia - having only been appointed by Fabio Paratici in September
  • Tottenham scout Jeff Vetere has left the club after enraging the club's directors
  • The 57-year-old publicly revealed that Spurs were targeting keeper Kevin Mier
  • Vetere’s conduct was deemed to be unprofessional by the angry Spurs board
Tottenham scout Jeff Vetere has left the club after he infuriated his employers by revealing transfer targets during a television interview in South America.

Sportsmail understands that Spurs chiefs were astounded when Vetere, formerly of Real Madrid and Saudi Sportswashing Machine, spoke about players he liked and those the club were watching.

He gave a sit-down interview with Win Sports TV during a scouting mission in Colombia and identified Kevin Mier, a 22-year-old goalkeeper with Nacional, as one of the club’s key targets.

Vetere’s conduct was deemed to be unprofessional by the Tottenham board, given he was openly discussing the inner workings of their recruitment department, and a formal meeting was called to review his probationary period. He only joined the club in September.

But before that process was finished, the 57-year-old resigned. Sources say he would have been told to leave anyway and his exit has been welcomed by many at Tottenham, who were not happy when sporting director Fabio Paratici appointed him.

The experienced scout was appointed by Tottenham director Fabio Paratici back in September

Vetere had been out of work since being sacked as Birmingham City’s director of football in 2018, but his close relationship with Paratici saw him land a key role at Spurs.

He arrived with a remit to restructure recruitment for emerging talent. However, it is claimed he ‘rubbed many people up the wrong way’ and was not popular among some existing staff members.

Spurs have seen the full interview he gave in Colombia. In a section of it, speaking about Mier, he said: ‘I see a goalkeeper who does not lack anything to cross the pond. We are looking because it is our task to see who the best youngsters are for international football.

'Taking advantage of my stay in Colombia, I took the opportunity to go there (Nacional) and meet a goalkeeper who is important to me.

‘I think he’s going to play for the national side soon. He has things, for me, they are not normal for a boy of his age. I was surprised by his confidence and his handling of the ball.’

Vetere's conduct was deemed unprofessional by chairman Daniel Levy and Tottenham's chiefs

Luton-born Vetere, who speaks several languages, came to prominence in 2008 when he joined Saudi Sportswashing Machine from Real Madrid as technical co-ordinator, a position he previously held at West Ham.

He was later chief scout at Aston Villa under Gerrard Houllier but left after only three months to join Charlton.

His time at Saudi Sportswashing Machine was controversial and his presence, along with that of director of football Dennis Wise, contributed to Kevin Keegan quitting as boss following the signing of players he claimed to know nothing about. Keegan was later awarded £2million for constructive dismissal by an independent tribunal panel.

Meanwhile, Spurs are said to be restructuring their academy recruitment after Chris Perkins, emerging talent manager, quit to join Arsenal in January.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ING-employers-revealing-transfer-targets.html

Tottenham scout Jeff Vetere leaves club after INFURIATING employers by revealing transfer targets

EXCLUSIVE: Tottenham scout Jeff Vetere leaves the club after INFURIATING his employers by revealing transfer targets during a TV interview in Colombia - having only been appointed by Fabio Paratici in September
  • Tottenham scout Jeff Vetere has left the club after enraging the club's directors
Tottenham scout Jeff Vetere has left the club after he infuriated his employers by revealing transfer targets during a television interview in South America.

Sportsmail understands that Spurs chiefs were astounded when Vetere, formerly of Real Madrid and Saudi Sportswashing Machine, spoke about players he liked and those the club were watching.

He gave a sit-down interview with Win Sports TV during a scouting mission in Colombia and identified Kevin Mier, a 22-year-old goalkeeper with Nacional, as one of the club’s key targets.

Vetere’s conduct was deemed to be unprofessional by the Tottenham board, given he was openly discussing the inner workings of their recruitment department, and a formal meeting was called to review his probationary period. He only joined the club in September.

But before that process was finished, the 57-year-old resigned. Sources say he would have been told to leave anyway and his exit has been welcomed by many at Tottenham, who were not happy when sporting director Fabio Paratici appointed him.

The experienced scout was appointed by Tottenham director Fabio Paratici back in September

Vetere had been out of work since being sacked as Birmingham City’s director of football in 2018, but his close relationship with Paratici saw him land a key role at Spurs.

He arrived with a remit to restructure recruitment for emerging talent. However, it is claimed he ‘rubbed many people up the wrong way’ and was not popular among some existing staff members.

Spurs have seen the full interview he gave in Colombia. In a section of it, speaking about Mier, he said: ‘I see a goalkeeper who does not lack anything to cross the pond. We are looking because it is our task to see who the best youngsters are for international football.

'Taking advantage of my stay in Colombia, I took the opportunity to go there (Nacional) and meet a goalkeeper who is important to me.

‘I think he’s going to play for the national side soon. He has things, for me, they are not normal for a boy of his age. I was surprised by his confidence and his handling of the ball.’

Vetere's conduct was deemed unprofessional by chairman Daniel Levy and Tottenham's chiefs

Luton-born Vetere, who speaks several languages, came to prominence in 2008 when he joined Saudi Sportswashing Machine from Real Madrid as technical co-ordinator, a position he previously held at West Ham.

He was later chief scout at Aston Villa under Gerrard Houllier but left after only three months to join Charlton.

His time at Saudi Sportswashing Machine was controversial and his presence, along with that of director of football Dennis Wise, contributed to Kevin Keegan quitting as boss following the signing of players he claimed to know nothing about. Keegan was later awarded £2million for constructive dismissal by an independent tribunal panel.

Meanwhile, Spurs are said to be restructuring their academy recruitment after Chris Perkins, emerging talent manager, quit to join Arsenal in January.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ING-employers-revealing-transfer-targets.html

Bit silly.

The most worrying part of this article is the very last line. It is worrying when a respected member of the recruitment setup chooses to leave and join Arsenal. Worrying because it either means they are paying more than us, offering more backing than we are, offering more responsibility than we are or a combination of those things.

The most worrying part of this article is the very last line. It is worrying when a respected member of the recruitment setup chooses to leave and join Arsenal. Worrying because it either means they are paying more than us, offering more backing than we are, offering more responsibility than we are or a combination of those things.
Or we thought he was rubbish and did what we could to get him to go

What weird behaviour, why would an employee do that? Sounds like a right old mess and doesn't give me much confidence that some of the back end setup Patrici is responsible for is working as it should. I'd have hoped the scouting would be running a bit more smoothly by now.

Back