• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Our left side...

I'm more concerned about our right side than the left, Townsend and Walker are just so bloody uncreative and unintelligent it's painful!

I would think the best compromise would be Lamela on the right with Walker overlapping and Townsend given a chance on the left to actually provide some ****ing crosses, rather than cut in and shoot aimlessly over and over again. Although he still might continue doing that.

Bale started there and moved forward, perhaps it's Townsend's destiny to start forward but then move further back. :)

doesnt Rose get blasted for apparently not being able to defend, yet people want to put someone who's **** defensively anyway at left back? :lol:

and some people have the nerve to criticize AVB.

doesnt Rose get blasted for apparently not being able to defend, yet people want to put someone who's **** defensively anyway at left back? :lol:

Right now, we need width. From anywhere, really. And the system AVB seems utterly determined to implement (or die trying, judging by his reluctance to change it when we're facing adverse circumstances) relies on the wing-backs to provide width. Defensive solidity down the flanks is really secondary to providing an option out by the touchline, and the lack of that option is really hurting our forward play. Hence the understandable calls for Townsend to come in, though I have no hesitation in announcing that when we start conceding from the flanks people (me included) will immediately switch back to demanding that Jan play there again. :)

how do you know he is crap defensively though? where is you evidence;)

were you in my corner when i asked king to move to holding mid? then eriksen did it and england got killed by riquelme LOL

were you in my corner when i asked bale to get moved to CF or SS? and when necessary he should get moved to left back?

trust me some of these radical ideas can work

if townsend can defend even a little bit...then him against stubborn teams at left back would do us wonders

hasnt townsend played there before anyway?

how do you know he is crap defensively though? where is you evidence;)

were you in my corner when i asked king to move to holding mid? then eriksen did it and england got killed by riquelme LOL

were you in my corner when i asked bale to get moved to CF or SS? and when necessary he should get moved to left back?

trust me some of these radical ideas can work

if townsend can defend even a little bit...then him against stubborn teams at left back would do us wonders

hasnt townsend played there before anyway?

He played there once in the EL under Redknapp and looked completely lost.

Looking at him as a winger he doesn't look good defensively at all. Not only "not as good as Lennon", more "worse than Bentley" type not good defensively.

He also does his best work in the final third, why would he do well as a full back? I get the idea of an overlapping attacking full back getting a bit of space to put in a cross, but at what cost?

I too remember Townsend at fullback a few times in Redknapps time, he never looked comfortable. I also remember him playing left wing and looking decent, scoring a great goal with his right peg out in Ireland and playing in some useful passes

i'm still voting wing back.

didnt he play left back on loan?

maybe all the bleeding hearts of "give a plyer time" groupies probably dont want to use ONE game? maybe a string of them for a season or two..then decide;)

i'm still voting wing back.

didnt he play left back on loan?

maybe all the bleeding hearts of "give a plyer time" groupies probably dont want to use ONE game? maybe a string of them for a season or two..then decide;)

In a 3-5-2 absolutely…

You've become such a 'tough guy' these days African ;)

p.s. you were absolutely NOT the first person to suggest Bale as a forward/CF, not saying you've said that but just making sure it's out there that you weren't.

well it depends. I mean if we was to play Walker and Townsend as wing backs, then we would ultimately need Sandro and Capoue in the same side. Or atleast Paulinho playing the role he does for Brazil.

Soldado
Eriksen - Lamela
Paulinho
Townsend - Sandro - Capoue - Walker
Vertonghen - Kaboul - Chiriches
Lloris​

Would it work?

well it depends. I mean if we was to play Walker and Townsend as wing backs, then we would ultimately need Sandro and Capoue in the same side. Or atleast Paulinho playing the role he does for Brazil.

Soldado
Eriksen - Lamela
Paulinho
Lloris​

Would it work?

Only if they change the rules and allow 12 on the pitch at the same time!

ramsey is NOT fast , arteta is not fast, tainio is not fast, krancjar is not fast,

Lovely to see a mention for Teemu Tainio, I always warmed to him despite the injuries - there's a super photo of him pointing to the scoreboard to show Drogba the score at the League Cup final.

Isn't it strange? A sign of a struggling manager is always that he plays players out of position. Siggy is rubbish on the left - a wide midfielder he will never be - but there he was against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. I have a vague memory that HR played Modric in that position sometimes, and that it never turned out well. Maybe they see the "better" players as lucky charms.

Soldado
Eriksen - Lamela
Paulinho
Lloris​

Would it work?

i am telling you it would work, the second people try camping , put townsend in there at left back.....overlapping siggy....they wont know what hit them

trust me man, i called bale didnt i? and king? (i also called taarabt and routlegde but who cares about those to when the one you got right went for a world record fee in the position you championed woooo hooo \o/)

just pulling your leg...but seriously

townsend at left back is the guy you want when teams camp

Last edited:

Soldado
Eriksen - Lamela
Paulinho
Lloris​

Would it work?

In the interest of fairness, I've modified your team to only field 11 players...and also made a change in personnel.

----------------lloris
-----chiriches---sandro--vertonghen
lennon-----holtby----capoue-----rose
-------lamela----paulinho---eriksen

The team that can do everything, in a strikerless 343. Inspired by the hard-ons of Pep Guardiola.

The nurse is coming to give me my pills now...

Back