• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Our fans

Re: Boo Boys.

I think booing at half-time at full time is acceptable, it lets the club and the players know its not good enough. I'm upset that I heard some boos during the game, these are unhelpful

Because without such insight from seasoned football observers, the PROFESSIONAL footballers and the manager who spends his entire working week focussing on football would have no idea that it's not good enough?

No, this type of booing is indicative of the whiny precious mentality of self-entitlement and a puffed-up sense of self-importance.
Sickening to behold.

I'd be happy scrapping around the bottom if it meant a certain breed of new fan would disappear.

there were plenty of old heads boo'ing yesterday mate, weren't just all the new crowd.

Yes thats what I'm saying is unacceptable. It is totally different to booing after the whistle has gone. While the game is in play you have to get behind the team or their head will drop. But once it is over, you can express your opinion

and i agree with this - i didn't boo yesterday or last week and nor would i this early in to a new managers time here, but there have been times in the past when the team has played with such little effort or desire that i have thought it necessary to display my anger. anyone saying that makes me a bad supporter can fudge off quite frankly

There was a point during yesterday's game about half way through the first period, where the crowd came together (almost) as one and the team responded by upping the work rate and going on an attack. Our involvement does count, so get behind the team FFS, as we need each other.

Fans are worried that we'll go down the same route as Chelsea did under AVB...im sure the whole mood will change when we get our first win

So the price determines your rights?

You have more right to boo then a fan who goes to a lower division club? :-k

People no longer go to support the team, they go to be entertained and watch us win. Being an impatient and fickle bunch they will boo.

I didnt boo at half time, but wanted to and I dont give a brick what you lot think. I pay good money and that was pure brick. I actually could have played better than most of them, their control was poor and im a decent footballer so I have faith in my own ability.

I would have definitely booed at full time but the game was one of the worst I have ever seen at White Hart Lane, it was that boring and brick that as soon as they scored, I left. Its my season ticket, its my seat, I can do what the fudge I want.

I couldn't hear the boos over some guy in block 34 telling everyone how brick Aaron Lennon is.

Fans are worried that we'll go down the same route as Chelsea did under AVB...im sure the whole mood will change when we get our first win

AVB is not the problem, the team is the problem

it´s the same brick team that did nothing for the 2nd half of last season

I honestly dont understand why we gave Defoe a new contract, and also why we did not ship our entire midfield out except for maybe Sandro

Difficult one, I don't think there's anything to gain by booing but then what else can a disgruntled fan do to show their disgust at what AVB is doing to our club?

Booing is not good, but personally the almost eery quiet was more disconcerting. Strange atmosphere which speaks to a sense of nervousness. A win will do wonders to get the train moving, just a stuttering start.

Some of our fans are a fudging disgrace. An embarrassment.

Yes, we should be beating teams like Norwich at home. Yes, it was a brick performance. Yes, Villas Boas made some bad decisions.

But for fudge's sake...........we're three games into the season and the team has been nothing like settled yet.

What's going to happen when we next play at home? The players will feel under intense pressure from the first minute. That's what. Hardly conducive to courageous, flowing football.

And AVB? The last thing he needed was to have the crowd turn on him and his team so early in the season. The boo boys are giving the ****s in the media EXACTLY what they want.

It wouldn't be so bad if the fans had actually provided ANY support worth talking about during either of the home games thus far. But they haven't. The crowd have been monumentally brick. Even more so than they were last season. Park Lane included.

There ought to be a rule......you can boo at the end of the game to express your displeasure but only if you, as a fan, have performed considerably better than the players and the manager. And the truth is that the crowd performed considerably worse than the players and the manager (which, in this case, is really saying something). They should be fudging booing us.

Vertonghen, Dembele, Sigurdsson, Lloris and Dempsey must wonder what the fudge they've done, signing to play for such an unsupportive bunch of despicable, moaning tacos.

Disgusted and ashamed.

Agree. Booing doesnt achieve anything and has a counter effective result. Just stop it and get behind the team.

I didnt boo at half time, but wanted to and I dont give a brick what you lot think. I pay good money and that was pure brick. I actually could have played better than most of them, their control was poor and im a decent footballer so I have faith in my own ability.

I would have definitely booed at full time but the game was one of the worst I have ever seen at White Hart Lane, it was that boring and brick that as soon as they scored, I left. Its my season ticket, its my seat, I can do what the fudge I want.

Not a helpful attitude if you want the team to succeed.

I think its a product of the disconnect between fans and players and fans and the club.
Some fans feel more and more they have no say and that the players just don't care.
Add in the modern culture of instant gratification and people thinking they are the centre of the universe, and you end up with supporters booing a team off two weeks in a row even though they didn't lose either game.

And I actually don't think its 'new' fans neither.

Booing players should be a no no, if they wear the shirt fudging support them regardless, at the end of the day they are professional footballers and are obviously better than you and I.

I think booing a performance isn't that wrong. I mean if you play terribly brick against Norwich or someone of that calibre and lose the game, you should boo. I mean you wouldn't cheer a loss surely? Especially if you played poorly. Lose narrowly to Man Utd at home, then yeah applaud the team.

Sky, newspapers & talksport have all picked up on the booing and it's become a story in it's own right.

H-T @ Anfield .. Liverpool 0 Goons 1

No booing by the home fans as the two teams trudge off the pitch to their dressing rooms.

Back