• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Our fans

Re: Boo Boys.

Booing is counter-productive, it just puts the players under greater pressure and their heads might drop. Getting behind the team, singing, chanting etc is so much more productive. You all must of seen what happened to our Olympians and paralympians when the crowds were behind them, it gives them that extra drive and determination.
If you are a boo boy, go and stand in front of a mirror and start booing, you will realise that you look like a complete taco.

Booing is counter-productive, it just puts the players under greater pressure and their heads might drop. Getting behind the team, singing, chanting etc is so much more productive. You all must of seen what happened to our Olympians and paralympians when the crowds were behind them, it gives them that extra drive and determination.
If you are a boo boy, go and stand in front of a mirror and start booing, you will realise that you look like a complete taco.

I think the anti-boo boys should stand up at work, or in front of their family, and give a presentation on how they wrote passionately about booing on a message board

How would that compare on the "taco" scale to somebody booing at themselves in the mirror

I know which I'd prefer to do

Absolutely. Totally agree mate.
As much as I condone the concept of expressing an opinion if I don't think the players have put a shift in singling out individual players is just wrong.

I still think that there's a lot of holier than thou types have contributed to this thread though, I see lot of worse behaviour than booing at most matches.

I think the anti-boo boys should stand up at work, or in front of their family, and give a presentation on how they wrote passionately about booing on a message board

How would that compare on the "taco" scale to somebody booing at themselves in the mirror

I know which I'd prefer to do

I'd prefer to do neither and keep off of the taco scale.

Exactly why I wanted the bad old days back. Poor you, watching superstars stroll around not giving a brick. We still drew to Norwich, a side that beat us last season. We remain unbeaten at home, and we've just gone through a window that saw us buy Dembele, Dempsey, Lloris, Ade, Vertonghen and Sigurdsson, all fantastic players. If you booed at that, I imagine you must have needed a larynx transplant after all the booing you did when we were actually so bad it hurt, finishing mid-table at best and occasionally scrapping against relegation with teams that flattered to deceive, i.e were utter brick but managed to hide that fact every transfer window.

Poor you. Levy making us a laughing stock? A laughing stock? What on earth are you on about? We're moving into a new training ground, one of the very best in Europe (According to everyone; media hacks, the club, everyone) on the 9th of September, and will shortly start work on the stadium development, if not the stadium itself, which will start next summer, if things are on schedule. We've increased our value five-fold from the Sugar days and are currently the 11th richest club in the world. Not bad for a club with no angel benefactor giving us money.

Do you even remember the Sugar days? Were you even there when they were in full swing?

A laughing stock. Wow. How entitled we've become.

=D>

White Hart Lane is accused of lacking passion nowadays, which is the better option; the who stay to the end of the match and voice their disapproval of those badly representing the club they're passionate about or an empty, soulless stadium because all the fairweather supporters left after the equaliser went in?

I get really angry at part time fans. Every single one of you who doesn't watch ninety minutes answer me this; if you know that Spurs won't score in the first five minutes, five minutes either side of half time or in the final eight minutes including stoppage time then what are tomorrow's lottery numbers.

Or to look at it another way, to every single one of you who left after the Norwich equaliser went in and before the final whistle went how dare you claim to support Spurs when you couldn't even stay and will them on to a winner? I get sickened by people who claim the team aren't making an effort when they couldn't even manage ninety minutes themselves.

My point is that I have more respect for a fan who does a full shift then voices their disapproval than a part timer. Even my offspring don't get unconditional love without some form of occasional chastisement. In fact, I'd go further, people who leave early shouldn't be allowed to father children, they don't stick around when the going gets tough and don't offer love and guidance when it's required. People who leave early are more suited to Jeremy Kyle's stage than the terraces of White Hart Lane.

So come on you part timers, sign up to a full shift and drown out the booers. Let's be 'avin yer.

Not aimed at Nutter, I was just responding to his original point to start with.

It is possible, you know, to stay the full 90 minutes plus added time and still not boo when the ref blows the final whistle!

What seems to have been lost, at an early stage of this discussion, is any semblance of context.

It is the beginning of September. Not the end of February.

We've played three games. Three fudging games! That's all. We've lost a bunch of our best players. Their replacements haven't yet had time to play / train / properly acclimatise. The whole team is getting used to a new manager, a new type of training and new tactics.

Anyone who expected everything to fall into place instantly hasn't got a fudging clue.

So, regardless of whether booing can be justified (and I think it can), it most certainly isn't justified yet. And, what's more, it is almost always counter productive. How brainless must the boo boys be? Unless they want Spurs / AVB to fail?

As I said, 12 pages back, if the crowd themselves had performed at all, they might have earned the right to boo. But they were utter dogbrick. We are rapidly becoming the least supportive crowd in the Premier League. Every bit as bad as that lot at the Emirates. Don't kid yourselves otherwise.

It is possible, you know, to stay the full 90 minutes plus added time and still not boo when the ref blows the final whistle!

I agree, I don't think I suggested otherwise. And I don't want Spurs or AVB to fail, I have my reservations about him but would love to have them proved groundless. I just don't think that the odd boo is the hanging offence some people would have you believe, nor have I took part in it.

Personally, i very rarely leave early although i have been known to shoot off 1 or 2 mins early & one of the few times i have left earlier than that was the 1-5 game vs City last season as i couldn't bear the humiliation any longer. In my defence i will just point out that i have a 2.5-3 hour journey each way to attend games. I stayed to the bitter end vs WBA & Norwich. I am always in the ground & in my seat 30mins before kick off. If a night games goes to extra time i have to leave at HT of extra time or i will miss my last train. Sorry.

I will be at the NextGen game next week & at the Lazio game the week after even though i dont get home until 12.30-12.45 after night games & am up for work at 5.30am.

Still never booed in 40 years though.

Fair play mate. Gives me some perspective, I used to do my nut if the 34 from Barnet to Edmonton was running late on matchdays!

I agree, I don't think I suggested otherwise. And I don't want Spurs or AVB to fail, I have my reservations about him but would love to have them proved groundless. I just don't think that the odd boo is the hanging offence some people would have you believe, nor have I took part in it.

Just for clarification, the greater body of my post wasn't aimed at you!

I was embarrassed and disgusted at the Norwich game. Its arguable that the booing at full time was aimed at the ref after sending off Thudd, but at Half time the boos were clearly aimed at the team... And more suprisingly most of the booing came from the Southstand and not the Paxton end

I probably sound like a stuck record given that I've found myself making this point in various threads over the past couple of seasons.

But we really are brick now. A steaming pile of dog poo. Every bit as bad as that lot at the Emirates. And maybe worse, because it's only taken a couple of seasons of mere flirtation with success for us to sink so low.

Where was the atmosphere last night? Non existent. We allowed Lazio fans the freedom of White Hart Lane. Embarrassing. A damning indictment on English fandom. A poor show for the rest of Europe. Perhaps if we had created anything remotely close to an intimidating atmosphere - or at least sounded as if we actually cared - some of those crucial decisions that went against us might not have gone against us.

How quickly we have fallen. It's not long ago that White Hart Lane was widely spoken of as having one of the very best atmospheres in England. Now, it would struggle to have the best atmosphere on the moon. The only people who still talk about the special atmosphere at White Hart Lane are deluded Spurs fans or PR savvy Spurs players and staff, eager to flatter the fans.

It's come to the point that going to White Hart Lane is no fun any more - even if the football is superb. I find myself constantly ashamed by the echoing lone voices punctuating an otherwise eerie silence. Even the away fans at Reading were stuffed dummies for most of the 90 minutes. Live football should be almost as much about the crowd as it is about the action on the pitch. If it isn't, then you're better off saving your money and getting a much better view at home on the TV.

We have to do something to arrest this steep decline. Soon. The club have to do something. I know that people hate the idea of singing sections. But why? That's effectively (minus the baggage) what ultras groups on the continent are. They are organised. They make a show. They make a noise. We had all of that for the NextGen game against Barca. A bit of organisation. 1882. A philosophy. Constant singing throughout. A 600 strong group of like minded, diehard Spurs fans got together and created a superb atmosphere. And if we can muster 600 such fans for a youth team game, just think how many we could get for a first team game. Just imagine it for every game. Don't give me nonsense about it being embarrassing to have a singing section.

It might not be possible to accommodate such a group until the inevitable reshuffle that will follow the move into the new stadium. But we should start thinking about it now. The single tier end MUST be reserved first and foremost for fans who genuinely want to sing - preferably throughout every match. No naysayers. No "siddaaaaahn"ers. No arms folded passengers. No moaners. No perpetual texters. No game ignoring chatters.

Tottenham Hotspur could have all the things that a great club apparently needs - great players; great training facility; great stadium. But it won't be a truly great club if it no longer has the one thing that it could always depend upon throughout its history - great fans.

Time to act.

I probably sound like a stuck record given that I've found myself making this point in various threads over the past couple of seasons.

But we really are brick now. A steaming pile of dog poo. Every bit as bad as that lot at the Emirates. And maybe worse, because it's only taken a couple of seasons of mere flirtation with success for us to sink so low.

Where was the atmosphere last night? Non existent. We allowed Lazio fans the freedom of White Hart Lane. Embarrassing. A damning indictment on English fandom. A poor show for the rest of Europe. Perhaps if we had created anything remotely close to an intimidating atmosphere - or at least sounded as if we actually cared - some of those crucial decisions that went against us might not have gone against us.

How quickly we have fallen. It's not long ago that White Hart Lane was widely spoken of as having one of the very best atmospheres in England. Now, it would struggle to have the best atmosphere on the moon. The only people who still talk about the special atmosphere at White Hart Lane are deluded Spurs fans or PR savvy Spurs players and staff, eager to flatter the fans.

It's come to the point that going to White Hart Lane is no fun any more - even if the football is superb. I find myself constantly ashamed by the echoing lone voices punctuating an otherwise eerie silence. Even the away fans at Reading were stuffed dummies for most of the 90 minutes. Live football should be almost as much about the crowd as it is about the action on the pitch. If it isn't, then you're better off saving your money and getting a much better view at home on the TV.

We have to do something to arrest this steep decline. Soon. The club have to do something. I know that people hate the idea of singing sections. But why? That's effectively (minus the baggage) what ultras groups on the continent are. They are organised. They make a show. They make a noise. We had all of that for the NextGen game against Barca. A bit of organisation. 1882. A philosophy. Constant singing throughout. A 600 strong group of like minded, diehard Spurs fans got together and created a superb atmosphere. And if we can muster 600 such fans for a youth team game, just think how many we could get for a first team game. Just imagine it for every game. Don't give me nonsense about it being embarrassing to have a singing section.

It might not be possible to accommodate such a group until the inevitable reshuffle that will follow the move into the new stadium. But we should start thinking about it now. The single tier end MUST be reserved first and foremost for fans who genuinely want to sing - preferably throughout every match. No naysayers. No "siddaaaaahn"ers. No arms folded passengers. No moaners. No perpetual texters. No game ignoring chatters.

Tottenham Hotspur could have all the things that a great club apparently needs - great players; great training facility; great stadium. But it won't be a truly great club if it no longer has the one thing that it could always depend upon throughout its history - great fans.

Time to act.

I agree,I also try and sing all game if possible. I also think a new selection of chants for the new players would help. I think people are tired of the same old songs every week. The 1882 night was the best atmosphere at the Lane for the last couple of years.

The point about decisions going our way is a good one. Thats something Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans get every week.

I'm not saying we start behaving like neanderthals but surely we can do better than that. It's really poor.

Back