• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Other Premier League Matches Thread

I'm not a new fan. I don't want Liverpool to ever win anything. I dislike Chelsea more than Liverpool yes but still hate the scousers with a passion.
Thats fine like i said but some of our fans baffle me, they clearly dont come into contact with Chelsea fans (not on the internet i mean) cos if they did they would be sick of them. And that's without mentioning that they are funded huge money by a criminal, full of despicable players and with a cooont of a manager.

Maybe its just cos I'm old skl and need to move on with the times but give me a Man U or Liverpool title win (Ive experienced enough of them over the years!!) over Chelsea or l'A-rse (unfortunately ive suffered these more than enough) any day.

Thats fine like i said but some of our fans baffle me, they clearly dont come into contact with Chelsea fans (not on the internet i mean) cos if they did they would be sick of them. And that's without mentioning that they are funded huge money by a criminal, full of despicable players and with a cooont of a manager.

Maybe its just cos I'm old skl and need to move on with the times but give me a Man U or Liverpool title win (Ive experienced enough of them over the years!!) over Chelsea or l'A-rse (unfortunately ive suffered these more than enough) any day.

Totally know what you mean. I dislike Liverpool immensely due to their fans. As a club on the pitch I look back at the fowlers, Barnes etc and I can see what class they've had in the past. It's just a shame their fans are so dislikable.

:-k

Sunderland v WBA on Weds night....draw written all over it, surely? Unless one of them thinks Norwich can overturn a 13 goal deficit playing Arsenal...

Have a feeling Norwich will go legal over that missing Sunderland point deduction in the coming week

And I dont blame them to be honest - just think they should have done it when the news about them using an ineligible player broke out

How come Sunderland werent deducted any pts?

I reckon the FA banked on them getting relegated anyway cos they were doing so poor that way they wouldn't risk the wrath of their fans but they've put themselves in a corner now. Wouldnt put it past that inept organisation anyway.

AFC Wimbledon were deducted the 3 points they got from a game where they fielded an ineligible player this season. They still stayed up, so no harm done.

Have a feeling Norwich will go legal over that missing Sunderland point deduction in the coming week

And I dont blame them to be honest - just think they should have done it when the news about them using an ineligible player broke out

Yes,this could get messy. I had forgot about this, my suggestion that the match on Weds night will be a draw goes out of the window. Sunderland will no doubt be looking to finish 3 or 4pts ahead of Norwich now

I reckon the FA banked on them getting relegated anyway cos they were doing so poor that way they wouldn't risk the wrath of their fans but they've put themselves in a corner now. Wouldnt put it past that inept organisation anyway.

Same as when west ham acted illegally in all that third party stuff. FA banked on them getting relegated anyway so didn't deduct the points they should have done. They're a complete shambles there, the clubs should really get together and vote for an act of no confidence.

The lack of consistency, stemming from a lack of clarity within the regulations, is shambolic.

If The FA wants to get away with their "we'll evaluate each situation as it comes along" type regulations the very least they have to do is try to set a precedent for each type of situation when it comes along, consider if they would give similar punishments to bigger and smaller teams, try to reach what is an actually fair decision they can stand by when it happens again to a different club.

They're only being consistent in their inconsistency on this.

One club in the lower leagues (Altringham?) was deducted 18 points, three for each game where they fielded an ineligible player. Iirc, this also involved a foreign registration. By this standard Sunderland would be deducted 12 points. They were also allowed to continue in the League Cup despite playing the players.

As others have said, it's the double standards and inconsistency that is a problem. A 12 point deduction would be a devastating penalty for a mistake that they didn't benefit from, but there is no clear reason why they escape punishment and other clubs haven't in the past.

Same as when the FA thought West Ham would go down so let them off the Tevez affair when they shouldve been deducted points for basically cheating

One club in the lower leagues (Altringham?) was deducted 18 points, three for each game where they fielded an ineligible player. Iirc, this also involved a foreign registration. By this standard Sunderland would be deducted 12 points. They were also allowed to continue in the League Cup despite playing the players.

As others have said, it's the double standards and inconsistency that is a problem. A 12 point deduction would be a devastating penalty for a mistake that they didn't benefit from, but there is no clear reason why they escape punishment and other clubs haven't in the past.

This is gonna get messy. The TV money bump this year alone makes it worthwhile for Norwich to let the lawyers have a stab at it.

Very clever how the Liverpool players create space for the goal scorer at corners, as Pulis is no soft touch when it comes to setting up teams to deal with set pieces. Wonder why we never seem to have any devious corner routines :-/

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Fapatalk

Back